I don't myself....I figure I'm out on the road showing it all the time, so what the heck.....people could get specific info on you using them, but they could do that anyway from you just driving it.Why do many forum members obscure their license plate numbers in forum photos . I am preparing for an ah-hah moment .
It's one of those things you have to do nowadays, Try to protect everybit of info you can, You never know who is lurking ....Why do many forum members obscure their license plate numbers in forum photos . I am preparing for an ah-hah moment .
Very astute, Red. Give me a man's license plate number and, with very little effort and research, I'll tell you what he had for breakfast. Just don't ask me how I know this.My best guess, is that it will lead one of the thrifty thieves (1,000's of them out there, especially on the internet) to your front door easier. They see it plastered all over the internet, get one of their buddies to give them the location of your house and come over to steal your bike, or worse rob your house.
Whereas when you are on the street riding your bike, you have a less likely chance of somebody that is up to no good, spotting your bike and writing down your plates and getting the info that way. It would be much easier, less trouble for them to peruse the internet for potential victims.
That's my theory at least...
They can go to your house, wait for you to leave and follow you, or worse... wait for you to leave, then break into your house.That beeing said RED; It would be interesting if that report posted on thread Motorcycle Thefts Down by Accutronics, states breakdown of major places where bike thefts occure. Home, work, restraunts and bars, malls. ect. I would think a bikers home is the last place I would go for his bike. Just to BU CU dangerous. Bang! Bang! Buy! Buy!
I listen to my scanner some evenings to see what goes on in the area....you hear a plate being run and they give out name, address, sex, dob, ssnumber (if it is the same as drivers license) and any priors plus license status..... I turn it on when my daughter is out with her bf.Don't need a plate for that; just follow you home from spotting you out riding .
You can run a tag on some sites to get name and addy, probably same way lawyers run traffic stops for spamming you with dont pay that ticket adds. My boss used to do that trying to find someone willing to sell a mustang notch back. From there you can research a little and trace back parents by the family tree programs and such and the rest im not going to get intoPlease explain How
DONT TAKE YOUR LIFE OR SAFTEY FOR GRANTED. You guys are all honest and as Red said there ARE BAD BAD PEOPLE OUT there GUYS!They can go to your house, wait for you to leave and follow you, or worse... wait for you to leave, then break into your house.
You're missing the most simplistic point of my argument, in that people do bad things to good people all the time like LED said... You have to remember by over-dramatizing it like this, that you forget when making rules you often only stop the good, honest people from committing felonies, or it might stop them from aimlessly wandering around the net out of curiosity and finding out an ex-lover's new address by their license plates, whereas... like many of the gun laws and criminals from around the country would tell you, they do more harm than good.Don't see where I qualify to get your name and address if I had your plate number .
You can only order this search for the following DPPA purposes:
- For use by any requester, if the requester demonstrates it has obtained the written consent of the individual to whom the information pertains.
- For use by an employer or its agent or insurer to obtain or verify information relating to a holder of a commercial driver's license that is required under the Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1986 (49 U.S.C. App. 2710 et seq.)
- For use by any insurer or insurance support organization, or by a self-insured entity, or its agents, employees, or contractors, in connection with claims investigation activities, antifraud activities, rating or underwriting.
- For use by any government agency, including any court or law enforcement agency, in carrying out its functions, or any private person or entity acting on behalf of a Federal, State, or local agency in carrying out its functions.
- For use in connection with matters of motor vehicle or driver safety and theft; motor vehicle emissions; motor vehicle product alterations, recalls, or advisories; performance monitoring of motor vehicles, motor vehicle parts and dealers, motor vehicle market research activities, including survey research; and removal of non-owner records from the original owner records of motor vehicle manufacturers.
- For use in connection with any civil, criminal, administrative, or arbitral proceeding in any Federal, State, or local court or agency or before any self-regulatory body, including the service of process, investigation in anticipation of litigation, and the execution or enforcement of judgments and orders, or pursuant to an order of a Federal, State, or local court.
- For use in providing notice to the owners of towed or impounded vehicles.
- For use in connection with the operation of private toll transportation facilities.
I know everything about you WildBill.Heres my take on this Gar,,has nothing to do with being paranoid, If somebody wants something of yours regardless they will do whatever it takes,,every little step to take to protect your identity is worth the risk. If the moderators on here want my info they have the tools to get it. I was a Marine for 20 years,,we trained for OPSEC, which means operational security,,Only give as much info as u can without giving away your position,,you already know im in North Carolina,,you KNow Im a Retired Marine that still lives near a base, why give anything else, Its no different then a credit card. Just something prone to do, force of habit, some see others do it but really only do it because they saw some others do it. Im sure if you want to know where I live if your smart enough you will find me. But I wont make it easy on ya.lmao its a personal preference. Nothing more for me,
??? That site doesn’t even give you the person’s phone number unless you pay for it. As a Realtor, I am always trying to find people and the one of best source’s I have found is Zabasearch.com. In most cases it’ll give you name, address, phone, date of birth and its free. Whitepages.com is also good.Heres one for yall . spokeo .com . Just put someones name in and find out about anything , Try it .