Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heading to Sturgis this year and was wondering if any of you are planning on going.

It is August 9th thru 15th 2010.

It is never to early to make plans.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
14 of us are going from the 1st - 11th. Staying between Rapid City and Sturgis.

If anybody wants to meet up in or around Sturgis I would be glad to give my info on a PM. Now we have 15 / 9 Bikes/ 1 Fury and 8 Harleys with tool kits. hahaha

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll be there, would not miss the rally. I had my blue Fury there last year and it got a lot of attention bone stock. The giant hail storm missed me, I was down around Hill City riding the Fury when it hit the campground. I am looking forward to this year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought my fury in late nov. was hollered at at three different stop lights how they liked my bike. Cant wait to ride to Sturgis

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thinkin about making the haul up there with some buddies from North Carolina. Ask this question again in a few months! ha!

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
I'm bringing this to the top so it's not forgotten.... Many of you (from your comments and help) are people I would like to meet. It seems that Sturgis is a good venue. If anyone is think of going....Don't delay in getting your [email protected]# in order as camping spots, rooms, ect are filling up quickly. :rolleyes:

Suggestion # 1 : 15 of us have rented a home on 30 acres just 7 miles from Rapid City toward Sturgis just a mile off the interstate on paved road. Seems that one afternoon or evening there could be a meet for conversation and maybe a frosty beverage (or two) as there is plenty of room. The owner is ok with that. Can't stay the night as we are full but could have a good time. Chance to look at mods, other Fury's and each other's girlfriends! ;)

No pressure but just a suggestion.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Painter do you know details as to exactly when and stuff? The more details I can bring to the table the easier to get these lazy asses to go :)

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
The Rally is Aug. 9 - 15 . We will be there from Aug 1 - 11. We like the week before to ride without the mess and yet stay 1/2 the week of the Rally so those who haven't been there can get the 'full blown deal'! Feel free to PM me if you want any specifics, ect. If you are going, I sure would like to pick your brain when you are there.

We trailer down there. (rode it before but 1200 mi. is a distance) 15 are going with us and another 12 or so will be staying elsewhere but riding with us from time to time. Some have been there several years and we all know where to ride and some places that are not the 'tourist trap'.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
It is in Kentucky right? I think we would have maybe 500-600 mile ride IF that? Or am I thinking of sturgis 2 or little sturgis or whatever they call it. I know we plan to do the round up in St Louis too that month but I think that's around 21st

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
NOT LITTLE STURGIS - That one is in Sturgis KY.

I'm talking about BIG STURGIS in Sturgis, SD. THE BIKE RALLY!

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Sturgis Rally Approches

I'm bringing this thread to the top one more time as Sturgis is quickly approaching. (Sturgis Bike Rally in Sturgis SD)

If anyone is going and would like to meet sometime, just send me a PM and maybe I can get something going. However, I am leaving this Friday (July 30) and will be off the Forum for awhile after that date.

We will be there until Aug 11 and should have plenty of room for a group to meet for a couple of cold ones or a good ride or both. ;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Looking at going next year! Plains in place for this year at PORT DOVER. Start the list for Daytona bike week & count me in.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
The 70th Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally will take place Aug 9 - 15th, 2010 in Sturgis, South Dakota Black Hills. If you haven't planned on attending, finding a place to stay during the Rally is almost impossible! Sometimes, you can find places the week before or the week after the Rally but that is even hard to do.

500,000+ motorcycles are expected and usually start rolling in the week before the Rally and a fair number stay the week after the Rally. We always go for the week before and stay a few days during the actually Rally for those who have never been.

The riding is some of the best in the country. Here is the official website that can tell you more than I ever could.

If it doesn't link....someone link for me as I seem to be techno impaired! :(

The 70th Anniversary Sturgis Rally 2010. Schedules, Lodging, Merchandise, 35,000+ Sturgis Rally pictures and more....

The 70th Anniversary Sturgis Rally 2010. Schedules, Lodging, Merchandise, 35,000+ Sturgis Rally pictures and more....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts