Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put on the Mortons Down and out pipes and installed the Dobeck Techlusion controller for metric V- Twins. After putting on the pipes but before tuning the controller I was definitely running lean. With the controller properly set up the pipes are MUCH cooler and the bike pulls really hard. I don't know how much more air it lets it, but I have also drilled several holes on the back of the stock air box to allow more air into the engine. With the holes on the back I figure no rain should be able to be forced into the air box and the holes are small enough that no debris should be able to get in. There is definitely a good solid flow of cold air getting in and you can feel it when you are hard on the throttle. FUN!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll double check this afternoon, but believe they are
Green: 2 o'clock
Yellow: 3 o'clock
Red: halfway between 1 and 2
RPM: 4 o'clock

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Looks great... was looking at going with the same system. How long did it take and how much mod did you have to do? Definately going with the black pipes. :cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pipes only took about an hour to put on including pulling the old pipes and old mounting bracket off. I didn't need to mod anything to change the pipes. The controller probably took about an hour as well, I just needed to pull some stuff off to get at the plugs on the ECU. Then it was just a matter of throwing a few wire taps on there and done. For the settings I just started at their suggested ones for a VTX1800 and tweeked them from there. All in all, really not bad at all. It also took about an hour to wrap the pipes and get them ready.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.