Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, got this on the brain and cant get it off...

The fender struts for the Sumo-X fat tire kit and shorty fender.
How are they attached to the bike? Is it to the fender, the frame, or what.
I don't have this kit and was wondering why these struts could not be incorporated into use say on the L&M fender?

Again, I don't have a clue how they mount up and what the differences are so reaching out to you guys that have the kit for some insight.

Why? I love the struts and would kill for a backrest like on the bike on phatpartsoutlet but with another fender.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
The bottoms mount to the frame just above the boomerang part and the fender bolts to the struts. You have to cut the sub frame off the back to use the sumo-x fender. If you just want the look of struts then you could make some yourself but the sumo struts are not avalible separate from the fender. Also the struts are straight and you would need some with a angle for a stock mounting type fender because the stock fender is wider at the front then at the rear.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
This has been discussed many times and agree that they would look nice even on the stock fender. I inquired about purchasing a set over a year ago and was asked why I wanted to purchase them without the kit. I expalined I liked the look and wanted to try use them with the stock fender. I never got another return email with my request for the cost. Always thought there would be a market for them.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, go ahead Stump and rub it in....:D
Same subject we spoke of last night....you know the goal....

Call me and let me know what that 2nd shipment is>>?? 1lb'r

1 - 12 of 12 Posts