Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty then, here is the thread for sumo seat discusion
Tell me what you want...
let's start with what is wrong with the stock seat.
Is it the look, the shape, stifness?
why are you guys changing seats?

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
1. finish flush with the top of the tank
2. stop at the tank to expose complete tank
3. little bit lower profile and keep the comfort
4. GATOR SKIN insert damn it!! I am still waiting. Not on you
5. 1 piece for 2up also, that covers OEM sissy bar mounts

that is what I would like
Mike

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Stock seat problems....

1. No support for lower back.
2. Crappy foam allows for about 30 minutes of comfortable riding.

If you can come up with a seat that is a low profile seat, has some support, good foam and possibly gel, and fits the 250 fender you will have a winner.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Kurt I haven't asked you this question but will the stock seat work with your kit ? Does the shorty fender have bolt holes for seat if so can we opt out on holes and use another seat pan with dual lock velcro ? I have a L&M seat pan will this work with your Sumo kit ?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kurt I haven't asked you this question but will the stock seat work with your kit ? Does the shorty fender have bolt holes for seat if so can we opt out on holes and use another seat pan with dual lock velcro ? I have a L&M seat pan will this work with your Sumo kit ?
stock seat pan works, slight modifacations on the sides by our struts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Stock seat problems....

1. No support for lower back.2. Crappy foam allows for about 30 minutes of comfortable riding.

If you can come up with a seat that is a low profile seat, has some support, good foam and possibly gel, and fits the 250 fender you will have a winner.
I could be wrong. I am hoping this is a thread for a seat to go on the fury after the Sumo X kit is installed and not for stock. Hopefully it's for both! Knowing Kurt I am willing to bet it's for both!;)

Exactly what Big john said. Using C&C as an example because it's what I have.
I think a lot of guys like the C&C seat much more then the stock because it distributes the weight better. Out toward the hips a little more then the stock. It's a little wider. And you can feel that C&C pushing on your most lower back. Very comfortable!
The seat puts you about an inch further back then the stock. It also kind of forces your a$$ back and the back of the seat pushes of your back!
Great price too! My total was $255 with the red stitching made of Vinyl. They also offer leather but I think Vinyl looks better for a longer time. The second best mod on the bike! Sumo is first of course!
But without a comfortable seat riding sucks!
You make a seat to fit the Sumo kit Kurt and I will buy it!:cool:

These are not good pics for this but if you look at the stock seat it seems it's High point is the middle of the seat?
And it looks like the low point of the C&C is in the middle?
Total opposite.
Just something I noticed. It's easy to see The C&C pan is much deeper.
And I think The C&C is cut perfectly to the tank. No Idea why the cover the tank with the stock. Looks Like shit. Just cover it a half inch or so. IMO.

C&C

STOCK

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
i'm into comfort.
the c&c has the correct amount of foam and whatever else is in there--plus the 1" lumbar push helps the back.

i know it's a chopper type bike, so, i can't expect a crusier fat-boy seat.
the oem was a basic...seat. not padded well--not thick enough; or not enough stiff foam??

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
seat

Yes this would be for the sumo kit.
when you guys say "unconfortible" what exactly do you mean?
pain in the tailbone? lower back? shoulders? (yes that can be caused by the seat)
Here is the problem...everybody is diferent, things like bar location, suspention set up and foot peg placement all can relate to back pain on a bike.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
My butt hurts and goes numb after about an hour on the stock seat. It is much better with the pillow that I am riding on now, but that compresses down after a while. I think it’s called Monkey Butt.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
all the other variables aside, it's how soon the butt goes numb.
the seat should have more foam than the oem; also, a slightly more firmer foam.
any foam is going to settle during a ride.

frankly, take apart a c&c and you'll have the foam recipe-then mix it all up with a Sumo-X seat pan for the 250 fender and you have a weener!!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I've never like how far back it goes onto the fender. I ride solo most of the time so my passenger seat is never on. And when she does ride with me im getting a suction seat for her anyway. Is there a way to shorten it up a bit without exposing the ugly part of the fender?

Also dont like how it overlaps the tank either.

Here's a pic of something like what i have in mind.

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
i've never like how far back it goes onto the fender. I ride solo most of the time so my passenger seat is never on. And when she does ride with me im getting a suction seat for her anyway. Is there a way to shorten it up a bit without exposing the ugly part of the fender?

Also dont like how it overlaps the tank either.

Here's a pic of something like what i have in mind.
+1 .

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Yes this would be for the sumo kit.
when you guys say "unconfortible" what exactly do you mean?
pain in the tailbone? lower back? shoulders? (yes that can be caused by the seat)
Here is the problem...everybody is diferent, things like bar location, suspention set up and foot peg placement all can relate to back pain on a bike.
My butt hurts and goes numb after about an hour on the stock seat. It is much better with the pillow that I am riding on now, but that compresses down after a while. I think it’s called Monkey Butt.
all the other variables aside, it's how soon the butt goes numb.
the seat should have more foam than the oem; also, a slightly more firmer foam.
any foam is going to settle during a ride.

frankly, take apart a c&c and you'll have the foam recipe-then mix it all up with a Sumo-X seat pan for the 250 fender and you have a weener!!
Yes, literal pain in the ass is what we're getting at here. The bike is no good if you can't at least ride for a tanks worth of fuel before you feel the agony of defeat in your butt. :( .....and a tanks worth of fuel isn't very long with these small tanks.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
oh my, this thread is starting to veer way off course.:eek:

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Well put Skap. Could use the foam from the C&C to keep the same mold? Would that be called "seat jacking"?:eek:
I think the pan is a huge factor too? The stock seat is also high in the rear where as the C&C pan is low all the way into the fender. It forces you to slide back into the seat and go right against the back of it. It seems like a lot of seats actually have the back of the pan leaning toward the front lifting you up instead of being as low as it can be in the back. If that makes sense.

Same as everyone else. Ass falls asleep quick with the stock. But not at all with the C&C.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Kurt, did anything ever come of this? I want a pan that sits as low as possible. Very thin pan, maybe 1-2 inches of padding, and then cover with a final look of something like what L&M has for the stock setup. Not that worried about comfort, need a little, but mostly just keep it LOW!!! When and how much$$$???

·
Registered
80 Posts
1. finish flush with the top of the tank
2. stop at the tank to expose complete tank
3. little bit lower profile and keep the comfort
4. GATOR SKIN insert damn it!! I am still waiting. Not on you
5. 1 piece for 2up also, that covers OEM sissy bar mounts

that is what I would like
Mike
What he said. And agree with all the previous comments, it's not back or shoulder pain, just numb ass after about a half-hour.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts