Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just had the Sumo-x kit and the Low and Mean Lowering spring installed today. I have the Low and Mean seat pan and I am having trouble getting the seat pan to fit properly. The seat pan has been cut on the sides and still I can't get the back of the seat to lay correctly on the rear fender. Has anyone else had this problem?? Does anyone know if this setup works together or do I need to get a new seat pan?? If so can anyone recommend a good seat??? Any help would be greatly appreciated..........

PDBear154
2010 Metallic Silver Fury

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Yes I have all three first off lowering spring will not work your going to rub. Second look at my pics I have the low and mean seat pan you need to cut 5" out of the back hold on I'm going to send you a link all these topics were talked about before .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What will rub?? Is there a company that makes a seat that will work with the sumo and the lowering spring?? Do I need to have a custom pan made?? I am not that handy.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
X
What will rub?? Is there a company that makes a seat that will work with the sumo and the lowering spring?? Do I need to have a custom pan made?? I am not that handy.
As far as I know the stock seat is the only one that works without modification. Your tire is going to rub the fender with the lowering spring on . I have a low and mean spring sitting right here on my work bench taken out of my bike and replaced with stock spring . The combo of the two is no good .

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
The lowering spring gives the bike a nice look if I could of gotten away with us ING it I would have . I do have ALS and you should talk to Kurt about it. It's a kick ass look.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I just had the Sumo-x kit and the Low and Mean Lowering spring installed today. I have the Low and Mean seat pan and I am having trouble getting the seat pan to fit properly. The seat pan has been cut on the sides and still I can't get the back of the seat to lay correctly on the rear fender. Has anyone else had this problem?? Does anyone know if this setup works together or do I need to get a new seat pan?? If so can anyone recommend a good seat??? Any help would be greatly appreciated..........

PDBear154
2010 Metallic Silver Fury
Got any pics PD?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When will it rub. The dealer has said nothing to me about any tire rub. He said he had it on a test ride and all seemed good. How can I tell if it is rubbing?? What is the ALS system from Kurt and what does it do. I am working on pics as soon as I get the bike back from the dealer. Is there any way to get the spring to work with no rubbing???

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Kurt is the owner of Sumo x and the ALS is air lowering system he has out for the fury . How much clearance do you have between the fender and tire ? I am not the only one who took the low and mean spring out because of this issue .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I take the seat off and the plate I can fit my hand between the tire and fender. I can lay may hand flat on the tire and still have some room. How does that ALS work and what does it do??

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
My Low and Mean seat pan arrived today. I put it on the bike and then started trimming the sides just like you have to do with the stock seat. It fits over the struts now, but still sticks up in the back. I can push it down into place and the Velcro would probably hold it. The problem is, how do you get it covered then try to bend it into place to fit the Sumo kit? Guess I’ll take a look at Billy’s thread.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
My Low and Mean seat pan arrived today. I put it on the bike and then started trimming the sides just like you have to do with the stock seat. It fits over the struts now, but still sticks up in the back. I can push it down into place and the Velcro would probably hold it. The problem is, how do you get it covered then try to bend it into place to fit the Sumo kit? Guess I’ll take a look at Billy’s thread.
Rich give me five minutes I think I have pics of the seat pan before I covered it sitting in place on the bike. I have to upload them . Hold on...

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Here is a better look at how my seat pan looked before it was covered . Look at the bolt hole marks it helps to give a better idea how much needs to be cut . The opposite side is exactly the same way and the front obviuosly tucks under the tank . I had to add fiberglass to the back to create a sort of seal and to the one side where it folds over frame .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Ok, now I see what you did. I want to keep my bolt holes so I can swap seats around. Am I out of luck?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
It is a pretty simple fix. Use the same process as the T-Mod. Place your blue tape on then your aluminum tape on fender like to make a pan. Now from where you want to start the bend cut through the pan backside with a fine cut off wheel on a dremmel, across, every 3/8 of an inch, cutting through but leaving 1/8 on top uncut. Bend and fit till perfect. Now place 2 strips of glass with resin on the tape, fill the cuts with resin, and install seat, with weight on the back and wait till it hardens and holds new curve then do a little clean up on the back with glass and resin. Done.

PS: Just make sure the cuts are 90 degrees to your centerline. You can use 1/2 in graph paper as a gage.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts