Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of protective eye wear are you guys riding with? Me, just a cheap pair of sunglasses. I have been thinking that I need to find some with foam to block the wind from drying out my eyes at higher speeds.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
i like the cheapo stuff from the gas and go... dont mind when i get hit with a rock or bug and scratch em... sometimes ride with my oakleys but im nervous about it.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Wiley-X they have changable lenses that come with a pouch. I have clear, yellow, smoke and dark tints. Had them for years and no scratches. If they do scratch then ebay has plenty of replacements. Those with a bandanna for around the mouth for the sandy grit from cars work flawless on longer trips. Of course we NYers have a helmet law so a doorag is always a must for the helmet hair.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always liked Paul Jr.'s shades, but would need to find some with foam.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
I wear contact lenses and my eyes dry out really fast if I'm going above 65 mph. with my cheapo sunglasses on. I have seen a lot more birds this year flying at me from the side of the road. This is making me think twice about the cheapo sunglasses.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wiley-X they have changable lenses that come with a pouch. I have clear, yellow, smoke and dark tints. Had them for years and no scratches. If they do scratch then ebay has plenty of replacements. Those with a bandanna for around the mouth for the sandy grit from cars work flawless on longer trips. Of course we NYers have a helmet law so a doorag is always a must for the helmet hair.
Thanks! This is a cool site, gonna spend a few minutes checkin it out.:)

Sunglasses, Goggles, Glasses, and Gloves - Tactical Impact Protection from Wiley X

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
!

What kind of protective eye wear are you guys riding with? Me, just a cheap pair of sunglasses. I have been thinking that I need to find some with foam to block the wind from drying out my eyes at higher speeds.
I got a great pair of dark sun glasses from the Honda shop for thirty bucks.
Then I got a pair of more stylish (Harley store) transitional glasses for 60 bucks that go dark in the sun and clear at night so you only need one pair. Very cool looking. Both are anti fog and most people think they are regular sun glasses.
They will both stop pebbles coming off a tire in front of you and your cheap ones won't! Don't mess with your eyes! Everyone is so concerned about protective gear but so many don't protect there eyes? I would rather break my arm and leg at the same time then loose an eye! Eyes don't heel.
Just get a pair. Why mess around. Plus your eyes feel so much better. There wide open at 60mph.:D

I also carry a regular pair of sun glasses with me because when you stop for a while and your not ridding the skin around your eyes starts to sweat because the foam blocks any air from getting in.

GO GET SOME RICHARD!:)

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I wear a $10 pair from cruisercustomizing.com that has the foam around them and I really like them. I've thought about getting some goggles but not sure I'll like them.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I wear contact lenses and my eyes dry out really fast if I'm going above 65 mph. with my cheapo sunglasses on. I have seen a lot more birds this year flying at me from the side of the road. This is making me think twice about the cheapo sunglasses.
I have sunglasses I purchased at the International Motorcycle show in Long Beach for my half helmet.

They are made by an Aussie Company distributed in the US.
http://www.uglyfishusa.com
They have a pop out eye glass prescription insert.
I gave this insert to my eye doctor and put my prescription in it.
It just pops in the sunglasses then the foam insert..
I love the things..
I now see they have the Photo-Chromatic lenses..
May have to upgrade... :cool:..
T

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I have almost the same goggles as Red, but with a black frame. Mine are called Pugs, and they are, very, very, comfy, 12.95-14.95 at Mobil Station. Have had them for over 3 years, wear daily. Makes me look kinda crazzy. Someone just last week wanted to know where they could get a pair. .:)

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I have almost the same goggles as Red, but with a black frame, knockoffs, They are called Pugs, and they are, very, very, comfy, 12.95-14.95 at Mobil Station. Have had them for over 3 years, wear daily. Someone just last week wanted to know where they could get a pair.:)

I buy pugs from my local shell gas station to wear. Great buy for the buck. Polarized, blocks all UV and lasts long.
Still not safety lenses though. If we ride for years I would think that the safety lens might save your sight one day. In my line of work I have had two nails come out of a nail gun and bounce off what I was shooting into. If it weren't for my certified safety glasses I would have taken a nail in the eye TWICE! Been doing my job 20 years. That's an average of once every 10 years I get a nail shot right toward my eye.
Spend the 50 or 60 extra bucks and protect your eyes. JMO
It's a no brainer.:confused:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I agree Richard. I work in construction and got used to checking for the ANSI tag on everything. Its a good habit since I have to follow the OSHA regulations for work. Kind of rubs off when I am not working. Always protect those peepers, especially while your riding. Without the foam glasses tend to shake while riding. I dont like having tears run into my ear then I cant hear or see lol

·
Registered
287 Posts
I Wear A Pair Of Gatorz... Aluminium Construction, Transitional Lenses So I Do Not Have To Carry Two Pairs For Day/Night... There A Bit On The Pricey Side (165.00) But I Love Them. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Wish i could get something cool with my Half helmet But wear glasses so i have to buy the big ole bug eyes to go over them (There Cheap) Can't afford the fancy rx ones.:( Can' ride with just my rx sunglasses can't take that wind over 30mph lol..:eek:

·
Registered
405 Posts
I wear my oakleys.i have a pair for riding and an every day pair as well. i figure if they can be used in the military as shatter proof then they can save my eyes on the motorcycle.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts