Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i checked the FAQ,and did a search and still couldnt find any answers so im tossing it out for help.Almost all of my riding is two-up so i have adjusted my shock to what feels like the best ride.Has anyone made adjustments to their dampner? If so how do you adjust it and what settings would you recomend? Any help would be appreciated.By the way at this point im still running the stock suspension.

· Premium Member
5,712 Posts
Texas, I have my stock shock adjusted to the second mark from the bottom and have my dampener adjusted all the way to soft/slow return......forgot which way I turned the knob to do it....the dampener adjustment is at the base of the shock as I recall....maybe some others can post pic up.

· Premium Member
13,963 Posts
the hydrolic dampner on bottem of shock .looks like a black plug with a screwdriver slot .turn all the way to the right and back off 3 turns to start.

· Registered
438 Posts
I used to get sore kidneys, asked the dealer what to do. He advised me to turn the knob 8 clicks up. So now it feels a bit harder, when driving 2 up, no pain in the kidney area.

I weigh around 80kg, my girl around 58kg

Oh and I didn't adjust the thing on the bottom of the spring.

· Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually have mine set to the lowest setting (shock that is) that is the setting that the wife said seems the best ride.I adjusted the dampner but its been raining all day so havent had a chance to try out the new setting.

· Registered
518 Posts
Ok,...on the shock.....I'm almost 300 lbs...Should I be turning the shock knob clockwise or counterclockwise for the smoothest ride?..I dont hit very many bumps in the road..Ive fooled with it a bit, but its hard to tell a difference.

· Premium Member
180 Posts
I remember seeing in the manual a section on the shock adjustment and the damper,pretty detailed from what I remember...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.