Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed my swing-arm bag so after about a week or two i removed it to wash the bike and to my surprise the bag had worn the paint off the swing-arm . My question is has this happen to anyone else. If not how can I prevent this from happening again after I paint the swing-arm.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I recently installed my swing-arm bag so after about a week or two i removed it to wash the bike and to my surprise the bag had worn the paint off the swing-arm . My question is has this happen to anyone else. If not how can I prevent this from happening again after I paint the swing-arm.
Use some of the plastic "armor" or "invisibra" on the swingarm to protect it from the straps. Here is the website I bought mine from, I use this stuff on various places on my bike to protect the paint, check it out:

http://www.stickercity.com/3M-Clear-Bra-Paint-Protection-Film-18-Inch-Sheet.html

·
Registered
370 Posts
I took the advice of someone else on this forum and installed Velcro along the arm. Helps hold the bag in place and protects the paint.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I looked after about a month and all was good.
I'll check again. Been a while

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
The straps are a pain in the ass so i tied mine on with velcro and durable string. No more problems. I wish I had 550 cord - it would have been epic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts