Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to switch odometer between miles and km?
Didn't find this in owner manual...
Fury came from US market to Russia and this is quite inconvinient to have distance in miles when we use km.

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't know if anyone even makes such a thing for the Fury, but I once converted a car from MPH to KPH with a mechanical adaptor that went between the speedo cable and the transmission. Maybe a real "gearhed" here can come up with some kind of an adapter... it should be simple enough to just change gear ratio if a person knew the ratios.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Change the speedo face that is converted, should be easy for webslinger to do one for you.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Quick and easy fix, nice idea Troop.

The Odo will still be in miles, but that is a lot less inconvienent to deal with.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just looking around here - this is a mechanical unit:

Motrax Mechanical Kilometre Converter

I should go out and look at my bike and see if it is mechanical or electrical...

Well, it appears to be electrical, so that link is no good.

On some Suzukis the speedo can be changed by pressing/holding buttons on the speedo itself - maybe try that.

Maybe Low and Mean could be convinced to make a faceplate with different numbers on it... (odomoter would still be in miles though)

Honda Fury Speedometer Face

·
Registered
35 Posts
HealTech Electronics Ltd. - Makers of the SpeedoHealer, GIpro, X-TRE, FI Tuner Pro, OBD Tool

I'm still looking on the 'Net to see if there is a simple jumper on the underside of the speedo circuit board.
I dug through the link above and got to a FAQ section:
Cal-Sportbike Distribution ::: HealTech Electronics FAQ Knowledge Base

Q: I see no mention of mph to kmph.I live in Canada and we are stuck with the metric system and I just bought a bike in the states (2007 FJR) so I need to change it from mph to kmph will the Speedohealer do that for me? Cat: SpeedoHealer

A: If you wish to use mph to Km/h conversion, you have to program +60.9% (1.609 multiplier) on top of the calibration value you need. However, keep in mind that your speedometerÕs maximum reading will not be changed. E.g. a speedo with 186 mph highest reading will not be able to show over 186 Km/h after conversion."

It would be nice if there was just a simple jumper!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts