Honda Fury Forums: banner

T-mod RDtrip#3

6K views 68 replies 21 participants last post by  Richard1 
#1 ·
Starting Jan 24th. Heading out west again. Odessa MO, Littleton CO, down to Phoenix AZ then with enough interest "Vegas" baby. back to Austin, Houston, Arlington, TX then Littlerock AR over to Talladaga AL then home to Indy.

If your interested and are in the general vicinity, PM me or post up, yell, scream, whatever. If your a little out of the way we can still talk, you may have to drive a couple hrs but everyone so far has been willing to host the mods at their place, may not be able to spend the night there, but we have a several weeks to make arrangements.

with the cost of gas right now there is a slight increase on the t-mod

Road trip menu

T-mod $225
MFR $400
MFR seat $75
Frfender drop $75
MFR T-light $150 installed (must be ordered in advance)
8* trees $100
Other misc mods discussed. I guarantee to be cheaper then most shops rates. I will have some risers with me, and possibly some fat fork tubes.

I will have all tools needed to preform these mods including the welder.

All you need is a Bike, a warm garage if its cold LOL 110v outlets. food on the grill, drinks, and at least one dancing girl.

More info/details to be announced as we get closer to the date. This is the first trip that I actually have a deadline to be back in Indy of February 16th. I will try the best I can to work you in and you get your mods.

Stay Tuned
MFR

See less See more
#2 ·
The prices look good.
As for all the requirements I would have to get a step down transformer for 110v. Worm shop not a problem.
Food well our kitchen is built outside and there is always a barbecue with lots of food "do you like thai food" beer well that has never ever been a problem and always cold.
Now for the dancing girls well if you only want 1 want happen but now if you don't mind 10 to 15 of them well then no problem.
The only trouble I see is you don't have Udon Thani on your list.

#3 ·
Awesome news!! I'm definitely in for the T-mod and if I can get the trees chromed before you get to Houston, I'll have you install those and some risers. Still thinking about the fat fork tubes, just not sure I like the look. I'd like to see some 8s and fat fork tubes all chromed up, that would help me decide - anybody have pictures of that combo to post?

Maybe we can talk about some ABS brake cable rework if you're interested.

Should be able to host if needed. Today I'm installing some T8 flourescent lighting fixtures in the garage. When I was younger, the lighting out there was fine but not any more. Anyway, with the new lighting, you'll definitely be able to see what you're doing :)

#6 ·
#9 ·
Any chance of MFR venturing further west to So Cal?

I'd be in for the MoFoRake.

Maybe the taillight too if LED's slim it down (tire rubbin possibility)
LEDS don't slim it down, did you adjust the t-light mounting bracket?

So Cal will be a stretch getting enough interest

#11 ·
UPdate!

I have talked/pm with 6 confirmed people so far

#13 ·
I don't know what you talking about RICHARD!!

#15 ·
I got a shop in Mesa with a welder if you want to meet out there, otherwise, it'll be my 2 car garage ;)

I'm sure we could get some shop tours set-up with Accutronix and then maybe we can get a ride out to Lake Havasu to visit L&M :cool:

#17 ·
we have a month to put this together. I need at least 12 peoples who will want me to do the work. that's just to phoenix. any further west, like Vegas add 2-3. add cali, 4-5 more on top of Vegas. we may have to postpone the trip to spring time. but I want to do Predators Freedom T-mod before he does it, Damn it!!

#21 ·
Update

This trip will have to postponed if i can't get some more mods on the list. I hope you all understand I would love to but I can't drive around the country doing mods with a list of 6 people. I will give it a till the 10th of January, I need to get around 15 bikes to make this happen.

I may have stepped on my own foot in some eyes by the recent events, but MY work and MY words are the truth and I have never misled anyone.

Thanks for your support

MFR

P.S. Regarding Help to get to Predator. If this does not happen L&M will get their $100.00 back along with a couple others will get a refund. And the refunds WILL happen the day I decide to postpone this trip.

#22 ·
Personal Reference

Just a note for you all considering Mike's (MFR's) mods.

When he came here to Tampa/St Pete, everyone left with only smiles on their faces after he did that voodoo he does. You can always try to get feedback from BK Kid, RTrombone68, BigJMain and s21140c.

Not sure who's where and proximity of interested parties are to one another, but I put Mike up here at Chez ******'s so he didn't have to pack up all his crap, hike to the next customer, unpack all his crap, etc., etc., etc. Though door-to-door service is always nice, I think it kept Mike from getting pooped out sooner since he was parked in one garage to do his work.

So, for anyone out there who can help Mike arrange a one-stop-chop location that works for others in proximity to your place, I can vouch that he's A-ok. He doesn't smell, barely makes a peep and he doesn't leave a mess behind in your garage.

Later,
APB

#24 ·
Just a note for you all considering Mike's (MFR's) mods.

When he came here to Tampa/St Pete, everyone left with only smiles on their faces after he did that voodoo he does. You can always try to get feedback from BK Kid, RTrombone68, BigJMain and s21140c.

Not sure who's where and proximity of interested parties are to one another, but I put Mike up here at Chez ******'s so he didn't have to pack up all his crap, hike to the next customer, unpack all his crap, etc., etc., etc. Though door-to-door service is always nice, I think it kept Mike from getting pooped out sooner since he was parked in one garage to do his work.

So, for anyone out there who can help Mike arrange a one-stop-chop location that works for others in proximity to your place, I can vouch that he's A-ok. He doesn't smell, barely makes a peep and he doesn't leave a mess behind in your garage.

Later,
APB
Thats a great Idea . When he comes to Dallas Ft Worth (Arlington) , I would be happy to host the Fury Mods at my house , Bring it on . MFR can start a list of DFW area Fury owners that would like to meet and get there mods done , stay intouch .

#27 ·
Indianapolis I-70 heading west to stops in Odessa KS, Denver CO, down and out to Phoenix AZ, may go further west. but back threw NM OK Dallas TX arlington TX LittleRock AR just a rough route so far

#26 ·
MFR, no worries if you can't justify the trip; I understand the economics of it. I do hope we can make it happen though. I can host a group and you can stay at my place if you get 15 signed up. Your credibility is 100% intact so I don’t think you have to worry about that.

Houston or Southeast TX folks, this is your chance to get a genuine MFR T-mod or one of the other excellent mods for a ridiculously low price. If you are new to the forum and not sure what the T-Mod is all about, check out this thread.

My newest mod

If you want to improve the look of your Fury's rear end, to make it look more like a chopper ought to, please give this serious consideration. Take a look at MFR's December Fury of the Month and ask yourself if it's not worth a few hundred bucks to get that backend down where it should be.

#30 ·
I have Broadway Joe in Little rock looks like Memphis is on my way back to Indy!!

#32 ·
yes it does lol, I also have an Air lowering system on my Fury by SUMO-x

#37 ·
correct, you can do a shock mod or a lowering spring to lower the frame height also, The (als) puts your ass on the groung.

But to get as low as me you need a low pro tire also.. metz 210/40/18

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.