Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You think this will be alright?
I'd like it on the right but there's no room plus I think it would look to stacked with the Master Cylinder there.

I haven't wired it yet. I'm gonna wait till my C & C Seat comes in. Solo black Mercedes vinyl, Matt Carbon fiber band & Classic Flame Stitching in Scarlett red. Gotta remove the tank wire tach and replace fuel level sensor.

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All to better see the freaking idiots coming up behind me. 馃I already have my head on a swivel. But idiots zigzaging through traffic coming up behind me are a concern.馃檨 When you ride a bike in Florida with all the senior citizens that can't see 8 feet past the hood of there car let alone hear you. You learn to take precautions. 馃え

Registered
2013 Honda VT1300CX
LOVE the tach
LOVE the mirrors
Can you give me the link to where you got it all?

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOVE the tach
LOVE the mirrors
Can you give me the link to where you got it all?
Kuryakyn Magnum Plus These are available in a smaller version both with flat or convex glass.
Cheap E-Bay tach

You should check out sites like these.
J&P Cycles
Dennis Kirk
Low & Mean
Wild Bikers
West end Motorsport
Big Bike Parts
MeanCycles

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found this after receiving the digital tach. 馃槚
Amazon. Also single fire. Sweep hand I like better. Maybe later馃

Registered
I know jack shit about wiring. Does anybody have a write up on how to connect a 2 wire tach?

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The wiring diagram for this analog tach doesn't look to bad

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the simplest 3 wire analog tach diagram I could find. You must connect the positive to a switched circuit or it will drain your battery.

Reactions: Gizmo

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got e-mail from UPS.
Evidently my new C & C Seat has shipped already.
They told me 3 weeks turn around when I ordered it.
Ordered 4/26 Delivery date is 5/10. I can't wait 馃

Registered
2013 Honda VT1300CX
This is the simplest 3 wire analog tach diagram I could find. You must connect the positive to a switched circuit or it will drain your battery.
View attachment 240006
I hadn't thought of linking it to the ignition switch, I only imagined having a separate switch for accessories. I guess a separate switch works for speakers and stuff, but this is perfect for tachs, gear indicators, etc. Good shit
EDIT: Would connecting and using a negative terminal cutoff to the battery prevent drains?

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm gonna guess you mean for battery drains for the bike as a hole. As long as it ignition is off & no accessories are wired directly to the battery without a being tied to the ignition switch you should not have a draw except for the clock in the speedometer. If you don't ride everyday I would get yourself a battery trickle charger, a good one at least a Battery Tender.
Attach the plug-in to the battery and just hide the pigtail under the edge of the seat. Then all you do is park your bike plug in the trickle charger and connect the pigtail. Keeps the battery charged and depending on the charger it will condition the battery resulting in longer life.

Registered
I'm gonna guess you mean for battery drains for the bike as a hole. As long as it ignition is off & no accessories are wired directly to the battery without a being tied to the ignition switch you should not have a draw except for the clock in the speedometer. If you don't ride everyday I would get yourself a battery trickle charger, a good one at least a Battery Tender.
Attach the plug-in to the battery and just hide the pigtail under the edge of the seat. Then all you do is park your bike plug in the trickle charger and connect the pigtail. Keeps the battery charged and depending on the charger it will condition the battery resulting in longer life.
True that

Registered
2013 Honda VT1300CX
I've got a battery tender hooked up already, I was asking mainly for the accessories. But you did answer my question so all good 馃槀

1 - 16 of 16 Posts