Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new Fury day for yesterday. No Tach and the engine/pipes are so quiet I can't tell how fast the engine is revving. Is there a good aftermarket Tach available??

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Congrats, and welcome. You don't need a tach, just a set of aftermarket pipes. The pipes are the first thing changed on the Fury for saftey. Shift out of 1st by 40, 2nd by 60, third is rev limit at 80, 4th and 5th to 100, then speed limiter kicks in. Then you will want to get a C&C seat or have the stock redone with aircraft foam. Check out the thread, FAQ by Redspawnsilver, 6mo education right there. Learn and contribute. What color? And we have a fantastic search button.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Welcome Ron, I picked mine up yesterday and noticed the same thing. Coming from a SportBike with a redline of 16500 I need to retrain my ear and a tach would be great. Thanks for the info BarFury!

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
I'm with Mental. With the rev limiter on these bikes, you don't need a tach. You really can't hurt the engine. Just ride and get used to no tach. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had the same questions when i joined here. I`ve gotten used to not having a tach...an as for the pipes a 1 inch drill bit to the baffles in the stock pipes does wonders!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I bought a vtx1300 a Year before I bought the Fury, and I swore I needed a tach.
I couldn't hear anything, and I felt more comfortable reading the tach when I second guessed myself about whether I was in fifth gear or not at highway speeds.
I put de-baffeled Cobra Swepts on the Fury, and I know right where I am.
I then put Cobra speedster longs on the VTX, and I don't need the tach anymore,
Forget the Tach, buy some pipes, and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Welcome, my brother from another mother. PM me if you would like some direction on where to go for your future customizing needs. I can save you alot of cheeze wiz.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts