Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched but didn't feel like looking through 22 pages. Would love to install a simple analog tach. Trying to remember when to shift since I got the Guhl reflash instead of hitting the limiter is too much for my old, feeble mind. Would a 2 wire tach work and where do I splice in? Coils, the wire on top of the battery. Inquiring minds want to know!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Searched but didn't feel like looking through 22 pages. Would love to install a simple analog tach. Trying to remember when to shift since I got the Guhl reflash instead of hitting the limiter is too much for my old, feeble mind. Would a 2 wire tach work and where do I splice in? Coils, the wire on top of the battery. Inquiring minds want to know!
they have a wire next to the battery box.. I think it is a single wire with a connector on it.. I also think it is the same connection they hook up a scan machine to.. just a guess

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The previous owner hooked up a gear indicator to that wire by the battery. I was wondering if I could use that for a tach instead.

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
310 Posts
From what I can tell from the diagrams.
Front coil= Blue/yellow stripe

Rear coil= Yellow/blue stripe

Either one can be tapped into
For signal.

Reactions: Gizmo
1 - 6 of 6 Posts