Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me about a month but I finally finished my taillight. I modded the housing to remove the plate mount, painted it and smoked my taillight. I also shortened the directionals but I f*cked up the chrome on one so I ordered a new one but you can see how it looks with one on.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And I also finished painting the rear shaft cover and stabilizer bar and mounted the Accutronix side plate mount. Still wiring the plate.

What an amazing difference. A must do for those with black wheels.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big thanks to Clueless on the info yesterday for the torque specs on the rear wheel. Also big thanks to all you guys that gave me your tips on painting the rear. I couldnt be happier with how it looks.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Those things really cleaned the bike up! Very nicely done! I love seeing the innovation you guys have in action!

·
Registered
437 Posts
That hub looks great. I've been wanting to do this for a long time. Need to stop putting it off and just do it.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Looks really good Clinster. Will be painting my hub and arm as well as front forks this winter. How did you shorten the lights?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
DAMN! That makes a ton of difference on the shaft. I'd like to either chrome or paint mine blue, but I'd have to completely disassemble to send out and the paint is hard to match.

Good job bro!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great. How did u finish off the underside of the light?
I bought some ABS and shaped the underside. Then I epoxied it with liquid ABS, sanded, filled it with liquid bumper, sander, glazed it with finishing putty, sanded, etched primerd it, sanded, primerd it, sanded, then painted. I had to mod the actual taillight as well to fit it into the slimmer housing. A lot of prep but it looks nice.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That hub looks great. I've been wanting to do this for a long time. Need to stop putting it off and just do it.
It wasn't bad at all. The hardest part was pulling the wheel off. I just taped the rear housing up, sanded with 800, primerd 3 coats, and painted three coats. Krylon gloss black.

Looks really good Clinster. Will be painting my hub and arm as well as front forks this winter. How did you shorten the lights?
The lights were a task. A word of warning, this is not an easy mod. A lot of cutting, and custom fitting. I messed up the plastic chrome on one of the lights so I ordered a new OEM from Honda. I will take pics of the process for that one when it comes in Monday or Tuesday.

DAMN! That makes a ton of difference on the shaft. I'd like to either chrome or paint mine blue, but I'd have to completely disassemble to send out and the paint is hard to match.

Good job bro!
Blue would look great. The blue paint is realty tough. I painted mine right on the bench still fully assembled. Just pulled the whole shaft off the bike and taped and masked it up. Once they get a good match for the blue paint, go for it. You can do it yourself.

·
Registered
396 Posts
It took me about a month but I finally finished my taillight. I modded the housing to remove the plate mount, painted it and smoked my taillight. I also shortened the directionals but I f*cked up the chrome on one so I ordered a new one but you can see how it looks with one on.

Have you considered painting the directionals so they match all of your other great work?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you considered painting the directionals so they match all of your other great work?
I thought about it but not sure yet. I kind of like the little bit of chrome. I think I will try painting the one housing I messed up just to see how it looks first.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just cut off my license plate too but it doesn't look smooth. You used ABS? whats that? Sounds like a lot of work and I'm really not savvy at bodywork and paint...

What did you do to smoke the light? film or spray paint?

Can I just drop of my bike at your house and have you do everything? :)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
i just dremeled off the light and stuff off of my tailight assembly, looks pretty decent for not knowing what i was doing. a question i had is what did others do to hide the L shaped plastic in the bottom center of the plastic bracket, i did a decent job and tried to sand it down some but it got late on me and decided to stop, did you sand yours down or just cut it off? did you epoxy or double sided tape the plastic underneath the tail light to the plastic tail light assembly? and after i put it all back together i seen that i needed to dremel off the tabs sticking down on the tail light itself lol, so needless to say i have more work to do on it but at least i got it started. someone needs to start a little business doing these damn things.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts