Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I asked Hal at Directline. He said to check with Cobra. So I emailed Cobra and asked em! And they stated they will be producing one in Oct.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Mike Lance from Cobrausa.com sent me this:

We have nothing in the works at this time for a sissy bar for the Fury. Go to the Cobra web site and you can see all the products we are making for the Fury. Thanks for asking Cobra, ride safe.

Did you mean a different cobra company?

·
Registered
219 Posts
No, Same company, different dude though and same ride safe comment at the end. I' looking now for he email.........................I see they added a "luggage rack" and a light bar in the last week??

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
It wouldn't take much to weld a few extension pipes on the stock sissy bar and have it chromed.
The only issue would be the back rest pad being too small. Could find an after market one out there.
I'm considering doing that, need a new acetylene tank for my cutting torch..
I want to fill in that two screws on the back rest with a piece of chrome plate or a fury design..

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
I have a custom seat maker near me so the odds are im going that way.

I just wanted a cobra sissy bar so i wouldnt have to get one fabricated. But then again, if he does fabricate it i can get the sissy bar frame in black as opposed to chrome.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sissy Bar Idea

This is what I wish somebody would make. I need something that is practical yet sporty.

1. Taller. Make it about 12" taller than the stock one. Enough to stap a bag to.

2. Luggage rack

3. Pad

4. Mount to current sissy bar mounts.

5. Some style to complement the bike.

It is a very rough drawing.

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the style of the one they offer but taller. That way a roll bag could go on it and also would make a good helmet holder

·
Registered
48 Posts
Contacted this site and received this answer from them. They have some really good looking tall sissy bars. :)

For a Honda Fury, the Ginz Choppers RS 2-Up Universal Rear Fender Bullet style 11/16 inch diameter Sissy Bar Mounting Kits will work. Then you can use any of the Sissy Bars.
Ginz Choppers 2-Up Universal Rear Fender Bullet 11/16 inch Sissy Bar Mounting Kits

Thanks, Jim
--
American Side Road Cycles
Flanders handlebars, Harley Motorcycle Seats, Leather Saddlebags, C&C Seats, Fairings, Sissy Bars, Hard Bags, motorcycle handlebars, Easy Brackets, MC Enterprises, Accessories, Freedom Performance Pipes

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Contacted this site and received this answer from them. They have some really good looking tall sissy bars. :)

For a Honda Fury, the Ginz Choppers RS 2-Up Universal Rear Fender Bullet style 11/16 inch diameter Sissy Bar Mounting Kits will work. Then you can use any of the Sissy Bars.
Ginz Choppers 2-Up Universal Rear Fender Bullet 11/16 inch Sissy Bar Mounting Kits

Thanks, Jim
--
American Side Road Cycles
Flanders handlebars, Harley Motorcycle Seats, Leather Saddlebags, C&C Seats, Fairings, Sissy Bars, Hard Bags, motorcycle handlebars, Easy Brackets, MC Enterprises, Accessories, Freedom Performance Pipes
There are some good looking bars!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah, the way the universal mounts works looks like a pretty easy install too. By the way both of those links are for the same site ( just takes you to different areas).
The top link takes you to the custom mounts and the bottom link takes you to the item you click on. or This link takes you to the Sissy bars page :cool: http://www.sideroadcycles.com/AmericanMotorcycles/Ginz_Choppers/Sissy_Bars.html

·
Registered
219 Posts
I like Tony Furys idea! Take out the acetelyne and go to it!! It's simple and easily chromed and will not require additional mounting hardware or further fender penetrations! As far as the pad goes, any seat shop could fab that easily.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts