Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I've been lurking the past week reading up on Fury's and like what I've seen so far. I'm in Clearwater more specifically and I have a plated 95' XR600R (it's in Idaho right now) so I'm familiar with Honda reliability. My buddy who's a Harley purist ghosted me for a week when I sent him a link to a Fury ad. I like the Harley Breakout, but not for $11k more. I still haven't seen a Fury in person, but they look nice. I like the 2010 silver, the dark gray and the white color schemes. I have a lead on a 2016 metallic blue one with 4900 miles with cobra's for $6k. I might just wait and get what I really want. I see lots of price cuts on bike ads at the moment so maybe being patient is the way to go for now. It seems like every private seller is asking $6500 - $7500 whether the bike has 3k miles or 12k miles on it no matter what year. My 'let's drop what I'm doing and go get it right now' target is around $5k for a color scheme I want with under 8k miles.

I just joined and was trying to send 'Fury Forever' member a message about his bike he might be selling, but can't do that just yet because I'm still a noob.

· Registered
458 Posts
Welcome !! Have the matte grey and love it. I am always getting asked what kind of bike it is. I took all of the badges off ( yes, I know, I still have the reflectors on the rear fender)( they keep sending the reflector police after me ) The fury is a fantastic bike, and when I tell people how much I paid they drop to the floor. They think it costs so much more. Its a dream to ride and very comfy.

Tire Cloud Wheel Fuel tank Sky

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome !! Have the matte grey and love it. I am always getting asked what kind of bike it is. I took all of the badges off ( yes, I know, I still have the reflectors on the rear fender)( they keep sending the reflector police after me ) The fury is a fantastic bike, and when I tell people how much I paid they drop to the floor. They think it costs so much more. Its a dream to ride and very comfy.

View attachment 245160
I like it! I have that same helmet too!

So far I've found:
  • 2016 blue with 5k miles for $6k - has scratches on chrome pipe from being 'dropped in the driveway' - also has new grips & mirrors which tells me maybe it was worse than it appears.
  • 2017 black with 2k miles for $6k - owner painted a lot of the 'chrome' black with a rattle can and it has a weird clutch cover on the engine & hacked off the stock mufflers so I'm a little apprehensive because I don't want to drive all that way and find more surprises - 4 hours away
  • 2010 black with 15k miles for $5k - looks mostly stock - 5 hours away
I'm just being patient at the moment. I really want to find one with under 10k miles in the $5's bone stock in my color choices with just upgraded pipes. One will pop up eventually.

· Registered
2011 Fury
1,308 Posts

View attachment 245160
Fashion Hat Sleeve Waist Gesture

woop woop reflector police ma’am… please remove those from the chopper immediately…. This is your last warning! 🤣

· Registered
641 Posts
I bought mine from the local Indian bike dealer. 5500, 1600 miles. all stock. They pop up. there was one on here for a great price with all of the upgrades, he needed to sell it. It was in Florida.
Those are the kind of deals I like 👍.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alright, I bought a bike and it's confession time! I've been looking for Fury for a few weeks now and wasn't able to find one in my area for the price I wanted - or one to even look at. I wanted something with under 10k miles, in the $5's and any price under 5 was icing on the cake. Best I found was a 2010 with 23k miles with asking price of $4900 in that price range - and a 6 hour round trip. I wasn't really comfy with the idea of driving all that way with my trailer to see a used bike that I may not like when I get to see it in person. So in doing some research I kept seeing the Fury compared to the Stryker. One thing I noticed with the Fury's was that you could find a several year old one with relatively low miles and the average asking prices were between $6-8k...$6500 was the norm. A good $1500 over where I wanted to be. The Stryker was a little less common, but another thing I noticed was several had high miles in the 20k - 30k range. It got me thinking to when I went to the HD dealership and asking about the Breakout and the sales rep telling me they aren't comfortable and you won't want to go on a long ride with it - you're better off with Road Glide. So that got me thinking even more - when I look at used bikes check to see what models have high miles and it will tell me which models other people find comfortable enough of riding long distances (not saying a Fury isn't, just an observation). I found a lot more Strykers with higher miles on them compared to Fury's. This is what got me thinking about a Stryker and there just happened to be one for sale 20 minutes away from me, listed for 5 weeks with 3700 miles asking $5500. I showed up, test rode it, and got it for $4700. I figured worst case I could resell it and not be out any money or maybe even make a few bucks. It's bone stock, original tires with the nipples still on fronts, black and chrome and pretty clean for only averaging 370 miles per year. So now that I'm an outcast here I'd like to wish you all farewell and thanks for having me! And for what it's worth I still think the Fury looks better! Cheers!

· Registered
779 Posts
Alright, I bought a bike and it's confession time! I've been looking for Fury for a few weeks now and wasn't able to find one in my area for the price I wanted - or one to even look at. I wanted something with under 10k miles, in the $5's and any price under 5 was icing on the cake. Best I found was a 2010 with 23k miles with asking price of $4900 in that price range - and a 6 hour round trip. I wasn't really comfy with the idea of driving all that way with my trailer to see a used bike that I may not like when I get to see it in person. So in doing some research I kept seeing the Fury compared to the Stryker. One thing I noticed with the Fury's was that you could find a several year old one with relatively low miles and the average asking prices were between $6-8k...$6500 was the norm. A good $1500 over where I wanted to be. The Stryker was a little less common, but another thing I noticed was several had high miles in the 20k - 30k range. It got me thinking to when I went to the HD dealership and asking about the Breakout and the sales rep telling me they aren't comfortable and you won't want to go on a long ride with it - you're better off with Road Glide. So that got me thinking even more - when I look at used bikes check to see what models have high miles and it will tell me which models other people find comfortable enough of riding long distances (not saying a Fury isn't, just an observation). I found a lot more Strykers with higher miles on them compared to Fury's. This is what got me thinking about a Stryker and there just happened to be one for sale 20 minutes away from me, listed for 5 weeks with 3700 miles asking $5500. I showed up, test rode it, and got it for $4700. I figured worst case I could resell it and not be out any money or maybe even make a few bucks. It's bone stock, original tires with the nipples still on fronts, black and chrome and pretty clean for only averaging 370 miles per year. So now that I'm an outcast here I'd like to wish you all farewell and thanks for having me! And for what it's worth I still think the Fury looks better! Cheers!
Whatever works for ya ... I too agree with your comments about the looks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts