Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike fell over and control housing put a small ding in the tank about the size of a pea anyone know if it can be popped out from the inside? I thought I read the tank may be double wall?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
That is what Smiley posted, however I don't know the source of that info. Since it is fresh you can try popping it out with a can of compressed CO2. Search INTERNET, Popping Dents with CO2. Gas tank metal is generally heavier than auto, but worth a try or two! How she go over? :confused:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just finished doing a seat modification and taking down off the lift when it started falling in the opposite direction from me I just coldn't hold it up. Hurt my back trying to hold onto it, just a stupid accident.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Man that sucks.... check with your local auto dealer they use a dent puller who might be able to pulli t out for you and they are relatively cheap. Sorry to hear about the ding.:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Bike fell over and control housing put a small ding in the tank about the size of a pea anyone know if it can be popped out from the inside? I thought I read the tank may be double wall?
Ironically, everyone that has had the bike fall over. The bottom of the control housing has two little protruding metal numbs that end up denting into the tank.
I seen this first hand on a buddy's bike..
This is a problem with the stock height of the handle bars.

I have yet to hear this happening with the Cannella risers on the bike. They provide enough clearance as not to do this..

Sorry to hear about the ding..:(

The body shop he took it to could not pop them out.
They ended up filling it in with filler and painting it.
T

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys like I told my wife "If you own a bike long enough it's going to get a dent or two". If I can't get someone to pop ou the dent I'll jsut wait till this winter when I have it apart for the Chromer then I'll send the tank out for repair at the same time. Still trying to come up with a paint scheme I like.
Thanks again for the input

·
Registered
276 Posts
Google Dent Wizard then search for your area on that site... Just has a small ding in my car door and call them and guy came down and took it out, was like magic! Give it a shot... He'll prolly even tell you over the phone if he can do it....

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
tank is double walled-safer that way. check out dent wizad or patch fill--i have the cannella's--dumped my baby while 'walking' it off the driveway--luckily no dings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts