Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to ride 1 for 20 miles, handles amazing for a chopper, power is fine, could always use more tho! Very smooth, tracks nicely down the road! I may have to find a used 1!
My current bikes are a 2008 Harley fatbob and a 2008 Buell Lightning,
Am considering the Fury or a Triumph Thruxton or a Kawasaki Versys to add to the stable.
How much does cobra swepts and the FI2000 wake the bike up?
What's the best air cleaner mod for power? Loved the howl of the intake on the stock bike, guess that's all for now, any thoughts or advice?
Ps: love the look of the S&S teardrop and a sissy bar with no pad!

·
Registered
829 Posts
There are numerous different combinations and numbers, but here are mine. Look up Jimmy Farris for the best seen so far on this forum.

Stock = 56hp and 71.6lbs

My Cobra Swept (no baffles), PCV, and S&S = 62.75 hsp and 77.7lbs

·
Registered
219 Posts
"Am considering the Fury or a Triumph Thruxton or a Kawasaki Versys"

As you know, those are very different bikes - about a foot difference in seat height between the Fury and Versys ..... and very different riding profiles on Fury and Thruxton!!

I ride a Fury and a Bonneville and enjoy the change - moving from one to the other. I keep toying with the idea of trading the Bonnie for a Thruxton, but just haven't found the right deal. Of course, I keep test riding the Thruxton and the Triumph Thunderbird, every chance I get.

Good luck in your search as now is a good time to buy - there are very nice deals on some lightly used 2010's.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im leaning on pulling the trigger, dont get me wrong, I love my Fatbob, (lets not get into the whole Harley vs. Metric BS, I LOVE all bikes!) But I just love the chopper thing and the lines are awesome on the Honda. I have the Buell Lightning for sportier riding anyway. Dont really need a 3rd bike, but Damn I want it, is that wrong......

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
The Fury is a blank canvas and the sky is the limit on what you can do with it to make it look even more custom. Dressing up some of the other bikes, it’s still gonna look the same. Most people don’t know my bike is a Fury, even if they have seen them before.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pulled the trigger on a red 2010 Fury with 2100 miles, already has cobra swepts and PCV. I think I got a good deal, so Im excited. Gonna order the S&S air cleaner kit and the 15" Ginz "Old School" sissy bar. I think I have the 3 greatest bikes in the world, lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im hoping it warms up some, the bike is 5 hours away, so I'll have a friend drive me up, and I'll ride it home!! Yeah anticipation is killing me, but its fun 2.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Better plan on 3-4 stops. I gotta stop every hour, I can make an hr and a 1/2 trip one way but gotta take a nice break

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Nice bike. It will become your favorite!! Enjoy..........

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Fury Family.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts