Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got very energetic today....Very!

I HAD to get rid of that Beaver tail...It's been driving me nuts since I installed the Low and Mean lowering spring so I set out this afternoon to make it happen.

First I fabricated a swing arm tag mount...It's not Chrome but it will do for now.

Then I pulled the tail light housing and began the process of eliminating the Beaver tail... It took a while but I am pleased with the results....

So now I am Beaver Free, well let me rephrase that... The FURY is Beaver free LOL...

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Just a thought. If you can get a can of colorite that would be close paint all the black that is left of the taillight, well, ORANGE? :D

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a thought. If you can get a can of colorite that would be close paint all the black that is left of the taillight, well, ORANGE? :D
Not a bad idea.... Dealer said Honda is supposed to releasing touch up paint for the orange soon so I'll see if it will come in small spray can..

Thanks

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Mental! that's a great idea! Now I'd like to see it on a blue one too.

Orange, is there any way you can use the removed stock LP light and maybe somehow mount it under the fender aimed toward the LP... I don't know if that can physically happen, but just a thought in a pinch! (or even just a small set of led's from autozone?)

...dang! I plum forgot why I was posting in the first place! Orange! That taillight looks AWESOME! I'm pretty jealous I feel like I've been studying my beaver tail and being too much of a puss to make that first cut (even though I had no problem prying my taillight lense open). What did yo use to fill the hole where stock lp light was?

Lastly! That lp mount is great! it's small and functional! Keep up the good work! Yer bike looks beatimus!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think some smaller red LED turn signals would also help allot... Those lollipops are huge and really stand out now.

I'll put that on my list lol

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mental! that's a great idea! Now I'd like to see it on a blue one too.

Orange, is there any way you can use the removed stock LP light and maybe somehow mount it under the fender aimed toward the LP... I don't know if that can physically happen, but just a thought in a pinch! (or even just a small set of led's from autozone?)
I bought 24" of white LED's from Autozone (same as the amber ones all over my bike) when I was there today.... I'm going to try mounting it to the back of my Chrome license plate frame facing the license plate, which hopefully will light it up enough.

There is also a 6 inch spot under the fender, directly above the plate I can mount it if the other don't work.

I'm gonna play with it tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...dang! I plum forgot why I was posting in the first place! Orange! That taillight looks AWESOME! I'm pretty jealous I feel like I've been studying my beaver tail and being too much of a puss to make that first cut (even though I had no problem prying my taillight lense open). What did yo use to fill the hole where stock lp light was?

Lastly! That lp mount is great! it's small and functional! Keep up the good work! Yer bike looks beatimus!
I must be blind, I missed this part

Thank you.... Piece of cake, just time consuming to make it look right.

I used a dremel to cut all the plastic and clean up where the license plate light was....
(NOW DON'T LAUGH! :rolleyes:) I used fiberglass reinforced body filler to fill the hole left by removing the light... Shaped, Sanded, sanded more, and more, and more (LOL) until I had a good line...primed it and repainted the whole assembly with plastic trim paint from Autozone.

it's not perfect but it passes lol

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
thanks, orange!

wow that's neat, Mental! Thanks

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yesimaw, this is the closest I could find. He wraped his light in blue pin hole vinyl.

Thanks Mental, I'll check them out if my LED ideas don't work out. I'm trying to avoid having to run any wires down that swing arm...

That looks really cool with that thing hanging down!

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Hey Orange, as an option, for lighting my side mount I used the lighted tag bolts (two of them) they light up brightly and look very good. I wired them to the existing wires from the old license plate light. Worked great.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Here is my solution , worked out good . Just got some led plate lights and mounted under the fender wired into the original light wiring . PS cant see mounting bracket unless your looking up under fender .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Orange, as an option, for lighting my side mount I used the lighted tag bolts (two of them) they light up brightly and look very good. I wired them to the existing wires from the old license plate light. Worked great.
I'm trying to avoid running any wires down that swing arm but I may have too, Thanks.

Here is my solution , worked out good . Just got some led plate lights and mounted under the fender wired into the original light wiring . PS cant see mounting bracket unless your looking up under fender .
That's pretty nifty there Dave... I have a similar idea with the white LED strips I bought... And if that dont work I have another I can do...

I think I'm going to do this... The LED strips I have are very thin so I'm thinking I could stick a very short one, maybe an inch or 2 on the bottom of my left lollipop, aimed at the tag where it cant be seen looking at the bike from above. They emit a ton of light so that should light up the tag well...I hope. if that don't work then I'll try something else.

Who know's, I may just leave it be and see if the po po mess with me... When I run at night I have all my LED's on and they are in the rear fender from front to back so they may light it up enough.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I'm trying to avoid running any wires down that swing arm but I may have too, Thanks.

That's pretty nifty there Dave... I have a similar idea with the white LED strips I bought... And if that dont work I have another I can do...

I think I'm going to do this... The LED strips I have are very thin so I'm thinking I could stick a very short one, maybe an inch or 2 on the bottom of my left lollipop, aimed at the tag where it cant be seen looking at the bike from above. They emit a ton of light so that should light up the tag well...I hope. if that don't work then I'll try something else.

Who know's, I may just leave it be and see if the po po mess with me... When I run at night I have all my LED's on and they are in the rear fender from front to back so they may light it up enough.
Let me know how that turns out. That's my plan for my tag light for the sidemount.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TAG LIGHT RESOLVED

I used the LED strip and mounted it to the tube that runs around the tail light... Kinda hard to explain so I'll show you...

It lights up the tag great and is not noticeable behind the fender. It's also VERY cost effective. $19.99 at Autozone and I only used 4 inches of the lights.

Check out my pictures.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts