Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many of you guys/gals ride with the legend of the bell...????? The little bell hanging off the frame ???
Many of us have heard the story about Evil Road Spirits. They are little gremlins that live on your bike. They love to ride, and they’re also responsible for most of your bike’s problems. Sometimes your turn signals refuse to work; your battery goes dead, the clutch needs adjustment, or any of several hundred things that can go wrong. These problems are caused by Evil Road Spirits.
Evil Road Spirits can’t live in the presence of the bell, because they get trapped in the hollow of the bell. Among other things, their hearing is supersensitive, so the constant ringing of the bell and the confined space drives them insane. They lose their grip and eventually fall to the roadway. Have you ever wondered how potholes are formed? The bell has served its purpose.

Rude Dog Leather has every bell you can think of.......

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
How many of you guys/gals ride with the legend of the bell...????? The little bell hanging off the frame ???
Many of us have heard the story about Evil Road Spirits. They are little gremlins that live on your bike. They love to ride, and they’re also responsible for most of your bike’s problems. Sometimes your turn signals refuse to work; your battery goes dead, the clutch needs adjustment, or any of several hundred things that can go wrong. These problems are caused by Evil Road Spirits.
Evil Road Spirits can’t live in the presence of the bell, because they get trapped in the hollow of the bell. Among other things, their hearing is supersensitive, so the constant ringing of the bell and the confined space drives them insane. They lose their grip and eventually fall to the roadway. Have you ever wondered how potholes are formed? The bell has served its purpose.
I have heard of it but never been given one. Like my truck if a friend or someone important to me gives me a part or does something for it I try my hardest to leave it that way. About 1/2 the engine of my truck is parts from one of my best friends family, they gave it to me when he was killed and we used to work on his truck together all the time. My grandfathers paint guns I use everytime I paint something for myself, (they are a bit inferior to my gun that i would use on other peoples vehicles but still work great and each paint job of mine it is like when he taught me some of the basics of painting).

I wouldn't say im supersticious and do it for my "safety" but i would do it out of respect for whom ever would give it to me. Aslong as it is something relatively close to my tastes or i can work into my tastes, if someone important to me gives me something it goes on the vehicle or is displayed at my house in a prominant manner.

·
Registered
358 Posts
No bell, a cross

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I can not believe how many people have this on their bike. I wasn't aware of this until a few years back when I was on a ride and asked a fellow rider what was up with the hanging bell off his bike and within minuets a many other riders pointed out their bells on their bikes and the story behind it. I personally don't get it and to each their own but I have intentions of hanging a bell from the undercarriage of my bike. Maybe a set of nuts but no bells.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have mine hanging from the bottom of the frame near the bottom of the radiator.

Note: Never buy your own bell, it has to be a gift from someone close and never have anyone install the bell for you.....You have to do it yourself.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's good to hear the true story behind the bell. I was told it should be hung close to the ground to keep the road spirits from attaching to your bike. I was also told that the bell should be given to you and never buy it for yourself. Now I know, Thanks imwright.

I ride with the POW bell.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
I have mine hanging from the bottom of the frame near the bottom of the radiator.

Note: Never buy your own bell, it has to be a gift from someone close and never have anyone install the bell for you.....You have to do it yourself.
Agree. Never buy your bell. It must be a gift. I have mine hanging from the side plate mount. I figure I need all the good fortune I can get! :p

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
So if I wanted a bell but can't buy it. Where could I tell someone to go to get me a bell?
I will make sure my wife reads this story and then I am sure she will want to get me one? On top of that I want one?

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Agree. Never buy your bell. It must be a gift. I have mine hanging from the side plate mount. I figure I need all the good fortune I can get! :p

I've also heard the reason for the bell is to remember lost friends who've gone down....don't have one myself, would put it on the bike but haven't gotten one as a gift...I pretty much ride alone.

·
Registered
114 Posts
A friend of mine had a bell on his bike. He was going for a ride on May 2nd with some other Raider guys from their forum. He noticed his bell was missing before he left but rode on anyways. I got a call from him around 1pm saying he needed a rescue. His wheels had been chromed earlier that week and the bolts holding his pulley to the wheel backed out. He was lucky that they didn't hit the swing arm. After getting home he said he never should have left without his bell. His half day ride ended around 6:30 that night. Things turned out okay but I feel sorry for that shop managers ass. I bet he has a new bell on that bike before it goes out again.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I be thinkin old RSS needs a bell, He pushes his bike just way to much..lol.:p

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
1 - 20 of 125 Posts