Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Cycleworld and they compared the Fury to the Raider. They said that the Fury was a really nice bike, but the Raider better for the extra $800 bucks.

I'm here to down the Fury, but I wonder what kinds of factory choppers will come next? Anything from Harley or Victory is at least $17,000 and doesn't have the great reputation that the Jap bikes got. If Harley wants to get outta of the dumps with sales then they should offer some decent bikes to compare to the Jap ones. Maybe a chopper with a revised Sportster engine priced to compete with the Fury.

At my local Honda dealership they said they can't keep the Furys in stock. I wonder that since the Fury is selling in the middle of a Depression what could come next?

Maybe a Honda chopper with the 1800 VTX engine to be a fair fight with the Raider. Or maybe Kawasaki could make a chopper with the Mean Streak engine.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
158 Posts
IMHO, an offering from Kawasaki and Suzuki are inevitable. The Raider is nice if you like the styling, I don't, but I can't argue that the Star Engine isn't a nice piece. The Fury wins over the Raider because of it's chassis and clean styling.

Harley really blew it with the Rocker. The Rocker tail is really nice looking but the front end looks like every other harley front end whereas the Fury is truly distinctive and right (unless you're a complete Harley-phile, you can't tell that the Rocker's tank isn't the normal 'Fat Bob', it's the stretched out 'Fat Bob' from the Deuce (I guess that makes it a 'Slim Bob' but it can't compare to the truly slender, lifted Fury Tank)).

The best bike would have the Harley Rocker Tail and Harley Engine and the Fury Frame/Chassis forwards from the engine.. that'd be a factory dream machine.. who knows, it might happen someday..

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'm not a fan of the rocker at all. I don't like the tail or the engine. I wish our fury had a bigger motor, but I don't like how much maintenance a Harley motor needs. I have a few friends with Harleys and they are always leaking oil all over. I won't let them park in my driveway.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm not a fan of the rocker at all. I don't like the tail or the engine. I wish our fury had a bigger motor, but I don't like how much maintenance a Harley motor needs. I have a few friends with Harleys and they are always leaking oil all over. I won't let them park in my driveway.

As far I know so far, the newest generation Harley Air Cooled Big Twin motor requires less routine maintenance than the VTX1300 motor. In fact, the only major concession that I had to take in order to have the Fury was over the increased maintenance burden of the Fury's screw and locknut valve tappets. Though it's true that I'll only have to kneel down to the Tappet Gods every 8000 miles, I still have to do it for the Fury (but never for a Harley). I also don't see the newer generation Harley engines leaking oil like the old design ones do.

The biggest headache that I can see with the Harley is when it comes time to change the belt and sprockets.. talk about a lot of work ! Remove the entire primary and clutch along with the entire primary housing just to get to the sprocket, then remove the shocks and swingarm so that the belt can come off. Happily that doesn't need to be done so often, but when it comes time... Yikes !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts