Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been reading. And reading. And reading. What I have not found is a detailed (altho likely simple) explaination as to why pegs and mirrors and intakes and whatever...don't fit the Fury. Or, for that matter, what it takes to make items fit that are made for different bikes.

The concept: Handlebars are handlebars. Controls are controls.
The bottom line: Not everyone wants Zombie levers and Transformer pegs. Personally? "Shit's weak."

Coming from a Hayabusa, where everything under the sun is available from a multitude of companies, and has thus been made available to other bike makes, why do we not see the same thing happening for the Fury and other metric cruisers? I'm sure it has to do with the relative newness of the Fury. But that needs to change. But to show companies that we want certain products, like .38 Special grips and levers and pegs from a place like ST Machine, we're gonna have to find a Guinea pig to play with parts and see how it turns out.

Perhaps someone has already experimented with putting pegs meant for a CBR1000RR on the Fury? My idea stems from: Honda is Honda. I'm certain, simply for the sake of economics, the peg bases would be the same for all modern Honda bikes. Perhaps I'm wrong. My buddy has a CBR, and this weekend I will pull one of his pegs and see if it does in fact work on the fury. Unless someone else has tried it already?

Either way, to aid the noobs, perhaps we could get this stickied so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle? People could post their trials and tribulations with trying out custom items, what they did or don't do to make it work, and offer knowledge on the differences between metric and standard, Harley intakes and peg mounts and controls vs. Metric of the same.

What say you? Teach us, Masters of Fury. I certainly don't want my Fury to be a rolling advertisement for Kuryarykahninkan or whatever the hell its called. I want different.

*********UPDATED FITMENT INFO WILL BE ADDED HERE, ALONG WITH FITMENT DETAILS**********

Pegs:
-2005 CBR600RR front pegs fit fine. You'll need to pick up some OEM peg springs, though. You can use the same front pegs for the rear, but the fit is tight and you will lose the ability to fold them up (Rear pegs for the CBR will NOT fit the Fury).

Levers:
-VTX1300 levers will fit the Fury

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm pleased to announce that I just successfully installed a front peg from an 05 CBR600RR onto my fury without any modification. The base is a Tad narrower than the mount, but Tue spring makes it jot wiggle at all. I used the spring from the 600. I have pics, which I will post after I try it on the rear.

:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rear CBR peg will not work on the rear of the fury. It has a roll/click spring ball for keeping it upright that requires a slot in the base mount. BUT....the front peg fit in there with the help of a few taps of a rubber mallet. The downside is that you can't fold the peg up (at least on the peg I used for testing).

So now I shall try to locate some cool pegs for a CBR.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, so keeping on with this discussion...

If I am looking for grips for my Fury, do I need 7/8 or 1"?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Also, I cross-referenced the part numbers for the Kury zombie levers for the fury with ones for a 06 VTX1300C, and they are the same. That said, I found some nice skeletal levers in chrome or polished from Yana Shiki that I'm gonna go with, that are listed for the VTX.

CA3272 & CA3273

http://www.yanashiki.com/category_s/896.htm

A Google shopping search on the part numbers will reveal a place that has them for $63/ea.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
nice work! So can we assume then that any levers made to fit the 06 VTX1300C will fit the fury?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is a good thread and great research Trucker! I don't mind paying for accessories, but I don't like paying more than I need to and don't want to be a copy of everyone else. I've been holding off on some items just because I didnt want the same thing...I want my bike to be mine...ya know what I mean?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand exactly, and is why it's important for some of us to try different things to see what works until companies start producing more and different parts for customization.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Couldn't agree more! Really appreciate the leg work you're doing here Trucker!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1" is what you need
o rly? Thanks for the info. That said, do you know if simply any 1" grip set works on the Fury? There's a lot more grips out there if you search for 1" grips vs. Fury grips.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
o rly? Thanks for the info. That said, do you know if simply any 1" grip set works on the Fury? There's a lot more grips out there if you search for 1" grips vs. Fury grips.
I would say as long as the barrel hooks are thin enough to fit in the grooves in the switch housing, someone else could answer your question better than I could probably. I installed the SmT grips last week and they fit like a glove.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I put the Kury 1" ISO grips on without any problem.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oooh...you beat me to it. I just talked to my dealer tech guy and he said basically any 1" grip should fit, but that you just have to pay attention to that issue. He wasn't sure if the trim ring would be reusable or whatever...

He just said to watch out for grips that come with their own throttle housing, as there may be fitment issues with them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts