Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my Fury up through Deal's Gap and the surrounding mountain roads this past weekend with my parents (V-Star 1300 Tourer and some of their friends on Goldwings). Spent 3 days riding through some beautiful mountain scenery. Couldn't be happier with the way the bike performed, not to mention the attention it got. Nearly every single stop we made had people coming over to talk to me about it.

I'm hoping to add somethings to the bike this winter; that should really help all the guys that came up and asked me if it was a custom (HA!). Just wanted to add that if you've never been up to the "Tail of the Dragon," (Deal's Gap) you should definitely have no fear of the bike handling the challenge. I'll try to post some pics of the bike in action when I get some from the photographers along the route.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
we did the dragon three weeks ago.had a ball.you are right,the fury will handle pretty much anything out there.we rode from rt 60 all the way down.took us a week round trip and i cant wait to do it again.keep the rubber on the ground and good luck.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I would love to try that but I've heard several horror stories about the cops being @ssholes and the semis that take up the whole road and stop traffic around some of the turns without warning. What was YOUR experience? Any of that ring true?

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
dont ride like a dummy.keep your eyes on the road ahead of you and keep gittin up.if you try to ride faster than your experance you may have problems.cruise through first and get a handle on it .then ride the way you feel.keep the rubber on the ground.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We actually didn't run into ANY State Troopers or other law enforcement officers other than the one guy that just sat at the beginning of the road at the Deal's Gap store. I've heard the same stories, but like 460 said, just ride within your limits and don't act like a crazy person and you'll be just fine.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Heading to the Dragon this weekend. Anyone live nearby that can share some insider info?
I heard construction is done..
Weather looks like it's gonna be decent enough, but I'm sure I'm gonna get rained on heading there.

·
Registered
314 Posts
First time going, but it looks amazing. I've watched videos on their webpage and I can't wait to get there. Leaving Thursday..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts