Honda Fury Forums: banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like I said previously I do not own a Fury and to be honest probably will never buy one. My main reason I frequent this board is to check out new products which potentially could be retro-fitted to my VTX-1300. For those of you who are/were on the VTXOA, VTXcafe, or Stumpwerx forums you know me as dumbcomputers:)

Another reason why I got one here early on was all the talk about putting a 240 tire on the stock 6.25" wheel which I personally think is the stupidest thing in the world. I'm glad Kurt is now on this board and has shown you guys the light:)

Yet another reason why I like this place is demographic. I am 36 years old and to be frank everyone on the VTX forums are much older. Not to say that there is something wrong with that, but I find less in common with them as we are in different stages of your lives.

For what it's worth here's my ride:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Nice bike!

I see why you are not getting a Fury. That is very similar to what I was going to do to a VTX until the Fury came out. Great looking bike!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see why you are not getting a Fury. That is very similar to what I was going to do to a VTX until the Fury came out. Great looking bike!
thnx. I actually had it pretty nice for about the same price of a new Fury then I added air ride, Q5 intake, and swapped out my fiberglass fender for a 14-gauge steel deal.

·
Registered
158 Posts
NoFury

I'm supprised to see you here, well maybe not. I saw your VTX on YouTube a couple times and I was extreamly impressed with what you did to your bike. Ever since I laid eyes on your bike, I have realized that the sky is the limit when it comes to customizing. The bike looks totally awsome, I would be just as happy with your VTX as I am with my Fury. Great job...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks all for the nice compliments...I guess I'm still welcome then? haha...

I'm not done with the bike yet. I going to get the fork lowers from the new 1300 Sabre when it comes out and move my front brake to the left side. I'm also going to either do a left side rear brake system or a custom brake bracket/caliper to position it under the swingarm. Like any bike always got something....

·
Registered
158 Posts
Señor Gar

Your VTX gives you impressive credentials :cool: !!! I am curious as to how it looks at normal ride height :confused:
Señor Gar

You can find videos of this bike on YouTube. You can see what the bike looks like with the air-ride pumped up. Just type in Dumbcomputers on Youtube and his videos will pop up.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Yes I have seen your bike on the VTX site...always...always admired it. Great ride. I still have my X but have the Fury, too.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
no_fury;

Really nice lookin' ride; you don't need a Fury!
By the way, are those Cobra Slashdowns?

Cheers

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no_fury;

Really nice lookin' ride; you don't need a Fury!
By the way, are those Cobra Slashdowns?

Cheers
Love em'. I have quite-core baffles in them since i live in a very conservative neighborhood but they are still plenty loud for me. The only reason I would change them is to get something shorter to show off more of the back wheel if I convert to a left side brake.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Version 1.0
Purchased 2007 VTX-1300c (first registered in 3/08 ) in 10/08 with 778 miles on the clock for $7,000. It came with Cobra Speedster Slashdowns.

Added a few things:
RC Components Venom Wheels (front 21x3.5, rear 18x8.5)
240 rear tire & 21" front tire
Sumo-X tubular Swingarm
KewlMetal Pro Street Rake Kit w/ full length fork covers
Ultima Headlight
Xtreme Revolutions Phat Digger Rear Fender
LA Choppers BFL2 Handlebars w/ chopper rake
Jardine Billet Grips and Footpegs
Spiked Passenger Footpegs
Corbra Speedsters Slashdowns w/ Quite-core baffles
Kuryakyn Pro-Series Hypercharger
Kuryakyn Chrome engine covers
Kuryakyn small Sliver Bullets Front & Rear
Show Chrome Frame covers
Stumpwerx Dust Ring
Removed Seams from gas tank and repainted

Total for mods = ~$8,000

Re-sold stock parts removed from the bike = ~$1,700

Total = $13,300

Version 2.0

Arnott Air Ride System = $800
Xtreme Revoution X-Calibur Steel Fender = $600
Q5 Intake = $600
Paint and Modify New Rear Fender = $300
Sold old Fender = -$300

New running total = $15,300

·
Banned
143 Posts
i think my bike would look sweeter than yours side to side....more modern looking and stands apartfrom the rest...just my opinion...i hope no one else ever buys buys a fury...makes mine one of kind the way i customized it! black bikes just don't float my boat...they are evrywhere, fury pride is how i ride

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
i think my bike would look sweeter than yours side to side....more modern looking and stands apartfrom the rest...just my opinion...i hope no one else ever buys buys a fury...makes mine one of kind the way i customized it! black bikes just don't float my boat...they are evrywhere, fury pride is how i ride
fc303, must be tough having a bike like that and no friends to appreciate it :p.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Oh no!

Gosh, this reminds me of when I visited the Harley forums. Fury forums has been a wonderful place for all walks of life and all bikes as well. Hope it doesn't turn into stuff like this.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.