Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am thinking about getting a C&C "Solo Seat"... but my question is what to do about the hole in the rear fender? Is there a light or something that can be put there to make it look right?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Many things can be done. Try that crappy search button that never pulls up anything and search for this.
It has been asked many times what to do with the hole:eek::D
Some just paint the bolt to match. Others came up with some really cool, what i call ornaments to mount there.
I for one bought a chrome fender cover.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I went to an auto parts store and got a "Grill and shield Retainer Assortment" They are black body plugs for cars. I got a set because I didn't know which one would fit. I then ground the stem of one to somewhat fit in the hole. Then, instead of just pushing it in, I started turning it and it caught thread and threaded itself. Now I have a plug that I can unscrew with my hands when I want to put the passenger seat back on. Be sure to pick the glossy set so it matches the fender... That of course only works with black bikes, but I guess they can be painted to match pretty easy.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Like mentioned, the possibilities are endless. Here is what you need to know .. the bolt that you will use is a M6 X 10MM.

I looked everywhere for a chrome button head bolt and couldnt find one. I did find a set of plate bolts that were chromed at Advanced Auto for $4. Shortly after that i found an Ebay seller who was offering a set of chrome bullet style lisence plate bolts and asked about a 5th for the rear fender. For $15 ( shipping included ) i have 5 matching chrome cones if you will. They are about the diameter of a dime, and are about 1/2" tall.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Many things can be done. Try that crappy search button that never pulls up anything and search for this.
It has been asked many times what to do with the hole:eek::D
Some just paint the bolt to match. Others came up with some really cool, what i call ornaments to mount there.
I for one bought a chrome fender cover.

I think I like this option the best!
Thanks Everyone! I searched twice before I posted, but came up empty! I searched this morning, and poof there they where!

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
i got the cobra rack; now, i have 45sq inches less fender to scratch and ding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts