Honda Fury Forums: banner
2001 - 2019 of 2019 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok let me start off by saying that I have been working with a company for a few weeks now on getting my ECU reflashed and have been keeping this under my hat until I received it back to see how it all worked out.

Well today was the day I got it back and all though I didn't receive it until 6pm I had to install it and go take it for a spin (I wouldn't have been able to sleep if I didn't... lol). All I can say is thus far I am quite pleased with the results.

The company that I found had never flashed a VT1300 before so I am the guinea pig, however he is no stranger to the CBR1000 and CBR600 and Goldwings, just to name some Hondas... he also flashes R6's, GSXR's and many others.

I called him and told him what I wanted and he said to send in my ECU and he would see what all could be done and after some time with it this is what we discovered and decided to do:

Factory rev limit in 1st,2nd,3rd was 5250rpm
Factory rev limit in 4th was 5000rpm
Factory rev limit in 5th was 4800rpm

We raised all of these to 6000rpm and that eliminated the 100mph barrier as well, he said there actually was no speed limiter only the rpms. I can verify that she will break 100mph.

Factory cooling fan turn on temperature was 225° and off at 221°

We lowered the cut on temperature to 205° and off at 201° this will still let the thermostat open fully at 203° but it is better on the engine and oil and performance running cooler.

He also tweaked the fuel maps (thanks 2Dirty for your auto tune fuel maps) not sure if he used 2Dirty's maps as is or if he just used them for reference.

He also tweaked the ignition maps and got rid of all the stupid EPA BS like cutting ignition timing to meet EPA sound regulations and pollution regulations. He said that the factory ignition map showed 19° ignition advance at 4000rpm and then at 4250 they cut it to just 10° for the remainder of the rpms to meet regs.

So of course we got rid of all that BS and added the timing back in that should have been there stock.

All in all I have to say "Marilyn" feels like a whole new bike from what little bit I got to rid her but you can bet that I will definitely be testing her out in the days to come and reporting back.

So far with the rev limit raised that equates to about 10mph more in the bottom 3 gears and obviously a bit more in 4th and 5th.

My plans for the near future are to put her on a Dyno and try and get some good info to send back to this guy and see if we can fine tune her a bit more.

Anyway as I don't want to get Banned from the forum I will not be posting the guy/company info... unless I receive permission from the Administrators so if you have any interest please contact me thru PM and I will get you his Contact info... he is a super nice guy to work with and I feel his price is very reasonable. So don't hesitate as I told him that there should be quite a bit of interest.... also if any of you are members of the Sabre forum or any of the other VT1300 models please pass this info along and lets try and drum up some business for this guy as it is not everyday that we get someone willing to do stuff for our bikes so lets show him that we appreciate it.
Hey Kbuskill ive been searching for a good remap either there a bad review or they dont get back to you wtf. Can you send me that info to get ahold of him either by text or email me ... please I need that upgrade ... thx Gil ... 8563643288 or [email protected]

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Hey Kbuskill ive been searching for a good remap either there a bad review or they dont get back to you wtf. Can you send me that info to get ahold of him either by text or email me ... please I need that upgrade ... thx Gil ... 8563643288 or [email protected]
The information for what was happening when this was legal is posted in the thread. Now that it is illegal, Guhl does not do them any longer.

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
Can't have nothing....
Hair Glasses Facial expression Cartoon Organ

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
No cockroach here just trying to get scarlet right
Just a heads up for future reference, if you come into a forum with limited posts asking about programming or anything to do with eliminating emissions, people are going to be suspicious. There are people paid by the EPA to create accounts then come in asking about certain shops and eliminating emissions. Some of them seem like they know what they're talking about because they looked at a couple of youtube videos, others you can just tell it's blatantly someone fishing for information and have no clue about the vehicle. They are aiming to take down the shops that were doing these things, even if they now have a clean track record and are doing emissions compliant tuning.

My point? Come into the Fury Forum, introduce yourself, get to know some of the people, read the threads (everything you can think of is already on here if you just search for it), then ask questions. It'll be less suspicious and people then won't treat you like you're fishing for information. It's irritating how many people that create accounts on the other vehicle forums I'm apart of we tell to f*ck right off since it's obvious what they are doing.

BTW, I'm not supporting what the EPA is doing at all.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Just a heads up for future reference, if you come into a forum with limited posts asking about programming or anything to do with eliminating emissions, people are going to be suspicious. There are people paid by the EPA to create accounts then come in asking about certain shops and eliminating emissions. Some of them seem like they know what they're talking about because they looked at a couple of youtube videos, others you can just tell it's blatantly someone fishing for information and have no clue about the vehicle. They are aiming to take down the shops that were doing these things, even if they now have a clean track record and are doing emissions compliant tuning.

My point? Come into the Fury Forum, introduce yourself, get to know some of the people, read the threads (everything you can think of is already on here if you just search for it), then ask questions. It'll be less suspicious and people then won't treat you like you're fishing for information. It's irritating how many people that create accounts on the other vehicle forums I'm apart of we tell to f*ck right off since it's obvious what they are doing.

BTW, I'm not supporting what the EPA is doing at all.
Yep! ^ what he said.

It's pathetic that the EPA (a non-legislative entity BTW) is acting like they can write law.. It's shameful, sad and each and every one of the ppl that voluntarily works for that organization today is a pussy-ass loser that needs a public beat down. They are the scum of the earth for putting perfectly legal business out of work, and if we could identify them we should ignore them as members of society. Kick them out of our grocery stores, make em starve. Kick em out of our clothing stores, make em wear rags. Kick em out of our mecahnic shops, make em walk to work. Kick em out of our banks, make em carry and pay cash only.... etc.

<OPEN INVITATION>
If you are a troll for the EPA, I dare you to come knock on my front door. I'll show you exactly what castle law means as I ventilate your intake manifold and shove a disabled O2 sensor up your ass, chain you to the back of the truck and blow exhaust in your lifeless face as I take you on a tour through main street USA.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yep! ^ what he said.

It's pathetic that the EPA (a non-legislative entity BTW) is acting like they can write law.. It's shameful, sad and each and every one of the ppl that voluntarily works for that organization today is a pussy-ass loser that needs a public beat down. They are the scum of the earth for putting perfectly legal business out of work, and if we could identify them we should ignore them as members of society. Kick them out of our grocery stores, make em starve. Kick em out of our clothing stores, make em wear rags. Kick em out of our mecahnic shops, make em walk to work. Kick em out of our banks, make em carry and pay cash only.... etc.

<OPEN INVITATION>
If you are a troll for the EPA, I dare you to come knock on my front door. I'll show you exactly what castle law means as I ventilate your intake manifold and shove a disabled O2 sensor up your ass, chain you to the back of the truck and blow exhaust in your lifeless face as I take you on a tour through main street USA.
Don't hold back, whatever you do!

2001 - 2019 of 2019 Posts