Honda Fury Forums: banner

20041 - 20060 of 20102 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Good humpday to everyone! Rode in today, man that was nice. Air is clear and cool, didn't see any idiots, can't ask for more. Except maybe that it's like that when the day is over. :)

Went out and bought two more LED tubes for the garage, and for some reason THIS one is a kit that you have to rebuild your ballast-based lights with a direct wire set up. Not a big deal, but weird that tubes 5 and 6 require a rebuild that wasn't needed before. That fixture is pretty bright, though, brighter than my previous bulbs that work in the old fixtures, so I'll probably do my next ones that way. I don't really want to replace working florescent lights just for the sake of replacing them, but I'm considering it. I still have 3 more pairs to go. I'm curious about the amperage draw of the new fixture, if it's much lower I might be able to add even more fixtures in there (I'm right at full capacity on this circuit already). It's as bright as a stadium in my garage.

Enough about that, you guys get out there and ride a spell if you can, and be alert while you are doing it!

·
Premium Member
13,486 Posts
Good afternoon guys. Another day at the rock and all is well. Mustang is all inspected and work coming along on Annabell. Still hauling some wood for myself. May warm up a little next week and i want need any. Oh well, It's time to start cleaning and relining my rod and reels. Already cleaning the boat that i didn't get to use last year. Looks like Bako is still riding. I will be at it again this spring. Yall help me Pray for Ken, Binki and Macxpert's Wife to mend and heal.

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Good morning everyone! Rode in yesterday, That was a mistake, though, as it was foggy as hell out there. My faceshield clouded/watered/whatever over immediately, had to ride in with the visor up. Sucked on the freeway stretch, but that part is only about 2 miles for me. Wife was pissed, as I told her it wasn't foggy (weather dude said none where we drive at 6 am, but it was thick at 7), and not a mile from home I was doomed. She drives behind me in to work since we leave at different times, so at least I had cover going in.

Of course I didn't ride today because the weatherman said it was thick this morning. Clear as a bell the WHOLE FREAKING WAY IN. Bah.

If you have competent weather guys and go riding today, don't let your guard down. Idiots are everywhere! Have a good weekend.

·
Premium Member
13,486 Posts
GOOD MORNING ALL. Wide awake at 2:15 and just can't seem to get to sleep tonight. Setting here with Tater eating and apple.Watched two John Wayne movies and about to do another. Cut wood all day yesterday. We haven't used much this year because it has been warm so far. Hope that changes so the bugs will die off some. Oh-well, Yall have a great day and let's pray for Ken, Binki and Macxpert's Wife.

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Good Monday to all! Very foggy today, expecting the same tomorrow as well. Good time to start that oil change. Also starting to look a little closer at moving my speedo, always wanted to do that.
Great weekend of wine, cheese, and fancy food. Also, laundry, yardwork, etc. :D

Stay safe out there!

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Good Morning! Finally getting a little sunshine here - haven't seen it much for the last month. Spent some quality time with my chainsaw over the weekend so my back is appreciating the office chair this morning! Got lots more to do with the chain saw and brush saw... getting the ol' squishy body back into shape. Since moving I've lost about 20 lbs. 10 or 20 more, and I will be ready for Speedo season (kidding... NOBODY wants to see that!). Have a great day y'all !

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Good morning 'Nation! Well the weather dude said it would be heavy fog today, and of course it's freakin' clear as a bell. Put the bike up last night and drained the oil, gonna finish the job tonight. Of course it's going to rain tomorrow (so he says), and then fog on Thursday.

Been playing around with the idea of putting the windscreen back on because it's just sitting around unused. Wife liked it, I'm still undecided, it seemed out of place. Also wondered about putting my Forcewinder intake back on for a bit to see if it performs better enough to leave on there. Again, this is probably more of a preparatory spring cleaning run, to see if I'm sure I won't need stuff later.

Be safe out there if you are riding, it's a new day, full of new morons.

·
Premium Member
13,486 Posts
Good evening All. Finished cutting the road through to the back of my property today. I can use my tractor to haul wood now. It will be a lot easier. Taking it easy on the old back and got help with all the picking logs up. May see if i can get Hillzz down here with his chainsaw. We can play Dueling Chainsaws. Yall have a great day and let's pray for Ken, Binki and Macxperts Wife.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
I'm on my way Bill ! When we are done at your place, you can come up here and give me a hand! Deal ? Interesting phenomenon... I've noticed that, at my "advanced" age, the chainsaw and I both seem to run out of gas at about the same time!
Bako is making me feel guilty... I have always changed my oil and filter shortly after putting the Fury up for the winter so that it is ready to go in the Spring. Usually give it a good cleaning and wax job too. Didn't do it this year because of our move. So now that he has guilted me into it... I will get the oil and filter and get it done soon... maybe. I'll try.

Have a good day everyone!

·
Premium Member
13,486 Posts
Good morning all. Hillzz i think my gas gives out before that chainsaw does. My back is still a little weak but it is getting there. I can take a 10/15 minute break and good for another 30. I can split wood for and hour or so with my splitter set up. It has a 2500 lb wench and boom on it with remote control. I can pull the cable out and hook it to a chunk of wood and hit the button. It will pull it back and set it on the splitter rail and the rest is history. Getting better all the time. By summer i hope to be back to (normal)? LOL. Yall be good and let's pray for Ken, Binki and Macxperts Wife. When does she get her new knee Macxpert?

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Oil change done as far as I can tell, had to use a paper towel with the dipstick to see where the oil level is, the oil is too clear and the dipstick is chrome. :) No real issue except that the second drain plug was covered by the jack skid, so I had to lower and move it. A really sketchy process, always afraid I'm going to dump it somehow on account of only having one hand on a handlebar during the lift and drop part.

Fairly cool this morning, and with that rain chance, I didn't take it today. And fog tomorrow is still in the forecast. Bah. Couldn't bring myself to take the spike off, I like it too much. Looking at relocating that speedo again, but geez those wires seem really short. Are they coiled in the headlight housing or is there enough slack elsewhere to do this? There must be, since I've seen two relocations on the port side so far.

Stay safe out there, if you are able to get out.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Good morning! (afternoon, for those of you on the Left Coast--or whatever it is you say that's socially acceptable out there)

Long, long winter here in Wisconsin, 8" of snow hit early in the year, it melted, the temperature went way up to 65F but we still have salted roads for the rest of the...well, who knows.

Popped in to say "hi," looks like a ghost-town compared to years back. The forum server is slow, sometimes clicks result in a graphic action but the page doesn't populate and requires a second click-oh, and the large animated ads are back trying to suck bandwidth, AND some threads have missing photos...so it looks like the same old "new" forum. o_O

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Just dropping in to say "Good Morning!!" Likely to be a busy day at work today :cautious: but it pays the bills or most of them anyway.
Here is a quick shot of last evening's view from the northeast version of "Hermit Hill."
Sunset on the Hill.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Are you visiting @Goat?
I wouldn't dare violate the ol' Goat's visitation rules. Similar rules apply at my new digs in the central Maine woods... "Trespassers will be shot... survivors will be shot again!"

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
🍻
Ha ha ha! What happens if they ride in on a Fury???
I can't speak for Goat, but Furians will be given a pass on my property. All are welcome - I will even provide liberal quantities of adult beverages. Or you can bring yer own if you're a Bud Lite (gag) drinker. 🍻🍻

·
Premium Member
13,486 Posts
Good evening all. Hillzz, I would love to ride up that way again but all that white stuff tells me (NO). Now for some important stuff. Annabell is ready for paint and springer. Hope yall are ready for all that. Meanwhile I have to pull the carbs off the 1100 and install a new set of floats, CRAP. Let's get it done yall, summer is getting close. By the way, I don't have a Hermit Hill but I have a long driveway. Don't come up in here trying to sell me a bunch of crap I don't want. I got plenty of junk already. LOL. Lets pray for Ken, Binki and Macxperts Wife.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Here it is Tuesday already and nobody has taken the time to say "Good Mornin'??" Wassup wid dat ? Well GM to all of you grumpy basturds !! I'm guessing you all stayed up late watching the Iowa caucus results roll in. HA ! What a frickin' circus.

Nothing going on here in Maine. Just work work work. Can't ride my Fury. Shoot... it's been too dang cold to even try starting it up. It's gonna be a good test of the EarthX when it does warm up a bit. It was sometime in November I think when it was last turned over.

Have a great day all !
Great Pond ice.jpg

20041 - 20060 of 20102 Posts