Honda Fury Forums: banner

20081 - 20100 of 20102 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Bako... and everyone else... I hope you have a great weekend! I will be off til Tuesday as well - one of the few perks of being a government employee. Weather is supposed to be clear and cold cold cold. I hope to get some brush cutting done and some interior painting prep work done. Still gotta uncover the Fury and change the oil/filter too.

Remember to wish your loved one(s) a Happy Valentines Day !!

·
Premium Member
13,486 Posts
Afternoon All. Splitting a little wood today. A friend of mine dumped 4 dump truck loads of large oak on the side of my driveway last summer so it needs to be split. Nice to have good friends. Glad we don't have Hillzz's COLD, COLD, COLD weather. Yall have a great day and let's pray for Ken, Binki and Macxperts Wife.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
But Bill, if you were gonna have the same -10 degree temps that I will be waking up to tomorrow, that wood would split sooo much easier!! Are you sure I can't send you some ??

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Morning all. Busy time with work and family. Had a big family get together yesterday with my parents, uncles, cousins and our children. Lots of good food and laughs. Even did a video chat with those who could not make it due to distance. Apple Face Time worked a treat! Have a great week. Don't forget to pray for healing for those who need it. Including Ken, Binki, Bill and my wife.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Good morning! Spent some time this weekend catching up with @NDM on his new project--totally sweet (and I don't want to spoil his story).

-10°F--isn't that the temperature where if you pass gas it turns to a solid ???

Technology is awesome. When I was a kid we didn't have computers--other than something like the one on the moon lander, which wasn't much by today's standards. Now we're video chatting--hey, if you video chat from Down Under to the Northern Half, is the picture...never mind. (laughing)

Warmed up here, 33°F this morning, so the sidewalk drifts ought to melt (or sublimate, as the case may be). Happy Monday!

·
Premium Member
13,486 Posts
Good morning all. Got the 1100 started yesterday but it needs a set of plugs. No biggy, Just a trip to Autozone. My son bush-hogged the back field yesterday too. Getting it ready for some deere salad. All this good stuff happening makes me ready to get on with the program. Let's pray for Ken, Binki and Macxperts wife. I am getting a little worried about Binki, Has anyone heard from him?

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Good morning all! Nice to see so many of you participating on the site. Seems very lonely in here some days.
Had a great long weekend. Spent a bunch of quality time with the ol' chainsaw and brush saw clearing overgrowth around the property Got a couple of big brush piles to be burned soon (I hope) while there is still snow on the ground. Chipped a bunch of stuff too. Good work out for me! I even swung a splitting maul for awhile and got about a weeks worth of firewood ready to go. The previous owner had it piled up for a good long time it seems. Even the knottier junks split pretty easily in the cold. Lots more to do.
Have a great day y'all !!

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Happy Tuesday! Got to ride, it's getting warmer, and I can't wait! If only to triple my gas mileage over that bigassed truck. I'm having battery issues, might be time to pick up a lithium battery since I haven't heard of any negative reports (huh huh, negative. About a battery. Huh). First kid comes home in a couple of weeks for spring break, that will be nice.

Been dealing with an ugly cough for the last three weeks now, gonna have to visit the doc. Figured it was just allergies since I'm still able to run, do the elliptical, yardwork, etc. Used drops, pills, Robitussin, just can't stop the coughing. Went to San Francisco this weekend, following a wife to a conference, cough was no different. So who knows what's going on.

Hit a pothole with the car last week that blew out a tire, and they aren't cheap tires. But it turns out the city may have to pay for it, I got the form and filled it out, gonna see if this works out. Gotta mail absentee ballots to my two California kids for the March primary, it's really weird that the kids get that old. I know everyone gets older, but these little landmark events just drive that point home. I STILL remember the stench from their diapers, now they are adults. Crazy.

You guys keep it safe out there, don't trust anyone around you, and have a great week!

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
haven't heard of any negative reports (huh huh, negative. About a battery. Huh).
HA ! I've only had positive experience with my EarthX (see what I did there?? "positive"... ) Git er dun !

·
Premium Member
13,486 Posts
Good evening All. Had to bleed the injectors on my tractor to get it out of the back field. Kevin got to close to a tree and tore the fuel cut of wire off the pump. It ran till it ran out of fuel in the injector pump and shut down. No biggie but a pain in the butt. Having so much fun i can't stand it. Back on the 1100 tomorrow. Got to cut a 27 inch pine into logs to get it cut into boards to build my new woodshed. Bought a tank of R-22 today (380.00). Glad to see the price coming down, bout half. Yall have a great day and let's pray for Ken, Binki and Macxperts Wife. OH-YEA, Glad to see peeps coming back in here.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Good Morning! 6 degrees last night with a 30mph wind - great night for doing a little snow clearing. When I got home there was a 12" drift across the driveway. yippee. Spring just can't arrive soon enough!!

·
Premium Member
13,486 Posts
Good morning All. They are saying we may get an inch of snow today. Don't know if I can handle that. 4-Wheel drive, Tractor and knee high boots. Yea, may be able to do it cause if it's white out I stay in. Oh-Well, Yall have a great day and go help Hillzz blow that snow. I'll stay here and watch. Let's pray for Ken, Binki and Macxperts Wife.

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Good afternoon guys! Been riding this week, it's been awesome. Having a heck of a time with that turn signal issue in the cold, I really need to clean that thing out. Probably will take the truck tomorrow, got some errands to run and need the carry capability. But wanted to at least touch base, it's been busy at work again. Hope everyone is well!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good afternoon guys! Been riding this week, it's been awesome. Having a heck of a time with that turn signal issue in the cold, I really need to clean that thing out. Probably will take the truck tomorrow, got some errands to run and need the carry capability. But wanted to at least touch base, it's been busy at work again. Hope everyone is well!
Good Morning from Washington's West coast. Anyone further West than me at 700 feet from the Pacific Ocean? Spring is starting to break around here and I feel bad for all of you guys shoveling snow back East. Took this picture of the Hummingbirds at one of our feeders. They come from all the other feeders in the area for the "Rocket Fuel" I make for them. And I have three more feeders with birds. Crazy. Anyways here's a shot of back when guys were much tougher than they are now. Hard tail jumping was a thing, in a shirt and tie even. Your grandpa was a hard ass, people. Hard tails were known as bar hoppers (you can't ride them very far) or as just "lower back pain"
visual-dictionary-motorcycle-terms-hardtail.jpg
. Be careful out there and don't become a "road crayon".

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
How do you make hummingbird "Rocket Fuel?"
Be careful what you wish for. Bottom line is I had bee hives for years and learned a lot. People with bees trick the queen into making more larva (bees). When lots of nectar is being brought into the hive the queen makes more workers. To get a jump on the spring season people put sugar water out for a few weeks BEFORE spring starts to get the queen going. You only want to put out enough for the hive to consume and grow. You don't want them storing it in with the honey which would dilute and change the taste too. People are picky about their favorite flavor honey. So I mix 1 to 1. 1 cup sugar to 1 cup water. Sounds like a lot but more sugar keeps it from fermenting in the feeder(black spots) as fast and won't freeze either. In India where it's real hot they mix it 2 to 1 to keep it from going bad so fast. Plus the birds usually don't need the water, they have other sources, and you have the best steak house in the area, not another McDonalds. I use well water but any water will work. Boil for a few minutes to sterilize, add sugar, turn to low, uncovered, and slow boil for 20 to 30 minutes. This breaks down the sugar molecules and changes it from sugar water to syrup. Bees and Hummingbirds do this normally but if you can do some of the digestive work for them, they go crazy (no one else does that for them). I make extra and store it in the fridge for short time. But don't cook it too long as it will turn golden brown and start to have a caramel smell and taste. They don't like that as much. I checked! Make sure to rinse/clean the feeders between each filling and you will take all of your neighbors birds away from them. So just sugar and water, never that mix crap they sell, and never use coloring, it's poison for them.

On another note Mark Twain once said: "A patriot is a scarce man, hated, feared, and scorned. But in time when his cause succeeds, the timid join him because then it cost nothing to be a patriot". Great words for us to remember.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Be careful what you wish for. Bottom line is I had bee hives for years and learned a lot. People with bees trick the queen into making more larva (bees). When lots of nectar is being brought into the hive the queen makes more workers. To get a jump on the spring season people put sugar water out for a few weeks BEFORE spring starts to get the queen going. You only want to put out enough for the hive to consume and grow. You don't want them storing it in with the honey which would dilute and change the taste too. People are picky about their favorite flavor honey. So I mix 1 to 1. 1 cup sugar to 1 cup water. Sounds like a lot but more sugar keeps it from fermenting in the feeder(black spots) as fast and won't freeze either. In India where it's real hot they mix it 2 to 1 to keep it from going bad so fast. Plus the birds usually don't need the water, they have other sources, and you have the best steak house in the area, not another McDonalds. I use well water but any water will work. Boil for a few minutes to sterilize, add sugar, turn to low, uncovered, and slow boil for 20 to 30 minutes. This breaks down the sugar molecules and changes it from sugar water to syrup. Bees and Hummingbirds do this normally but if you can do some of the digestive work for them, they go crazy (no one else does that for them). I make extra and store it in the fridge for short time. But don't cook it too long as it will turn golden brown and start to have a caramel smell and taste. They don't like that as much. I checked! Make sure to rinse/clean the feeders between each filling and you will take all of your neighbors birds away from them. So just sugar and water, never that mix crap they sell, and never use coloring, it's poison for them.

On another note Mark Twain once said: "A patriot is a scarce man, hated, feared, and scorned. But in time when his cause succeeds, the timid join him because then it cost nothing to be a patriot". Great words for us to remember.
Good Morning people. Hope everyone is doing good. Had 12 Hummingbirds at 1 feeder yesterday, trying to get that high octane fill up. What a fascinating time to be alive. Just made another batch of colloidal (suspended in liquid) silver, with my Sota brand silver pulser generator. Silver kills virus. No flu or colds for me or my close friends, when we drink a little silver solution now and again. It just came out that Obama sold the Chicoms (Chinese Communist) the corona virus 5 YEARS AGO! THANKS OBAMA, YOU P.O.S. They're trying to cover it up. The CDC (Center for Disease Control) has told all hospitals to get ready, it's coming all across America. They have portable incinerators in China and are burning dead bodies by the thousands. Over 30,000 so far. And where I live in Washington state over 700 people have the symptoms, and are being quarantined, but they have ONLY TESTED 26!!! Don't believe me read it for yourself on "Natural News", or "Infowars". Think for yourself. Give me both sides of the story and let me think for myself. And don't kill me, it's already being said elsewhere. I'm not afraid to die but if I'm found dead I didn't commit suicide, I love living and would never kill myself. Remember when Joan Rivers told the world about "big Mike" Obama's tranny wife? She was dead 1 week later! Can't say tranny fluid anymore either, it's got to be transmission shifting lubricant or something stupid. Anyways, you will never hear that the USA developed the virus, on the "tinfoil hat news" we have these days. And remember to pray for people who may need it. It works.

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

·
Premium Member
13,486 Posts
Good morning all. I use the same mix for my birds and it works. That store bought stuff is a waste of money. I have 4 feeders and in the summer i have to fill them every week. Those little guys are a lot of fun to watch. They get use to us and come right up and stare in our glasses. Nice day out so i guess i'll get at it. Yall have a great day and let's pray for Ken, Binki and Macxperts Wife.

20081 - 20100 of 20102 Posts