Honda Fury Forums: banner

20121 - 20140 of 20197 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Good morning from icy central Maine! Freezing rain and fog overnite combined to make my driveway into something like a luge run! I slid sideways down most of it and barely kept my Jeep out of the puckerbrush! Met the sand man at the bottom. At least he got there in time to provide my wife with some traction before she left for work! Temps got close to 50 during the day today, so the ice should be disappearing in favor of some mud... a different adventure for sure! Really ready for warm days and sunshine!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good Morning Folks. Hope everyone is on time, and doing well.
Just got a nasty PM (my first) from member Vic. He's got a degree! Didn't like hearing something I said about Glyphosate that was new to him (he's got a degree, remember). Anyone here who can vouch for this fool? I don't tell people they don't know what their talking about, BECAUSE I HAVE A DEGREE. It"s best to hear both sides of the story, then do some research and even ask a few questions. But no, not when you have a degree. Nothing else to learn with a degree and all. And remember he's got a degree, and he's happy to tell you. Maybe I should talk about Glyphosate for a while. Seems that really pushed his buttons, with his degree and all. Did I mention he has a degree? He did. Had it for years! And a license too! Imagine that, having a license. Probably the only one. I'm sure he tells everyone....first thing. So HE'S my joke for the day. Vic. Some people are just too ed jimecated to want to learn anything new. Hope that's never me. I tried to make a point, but the one on the top of his head beat me to it. Please read the Glyphosate update coming soon to the OFF TOPIC section of the Forum. Know what I'm saying? NOTHING FURY HERE....nome sane? Must be over the target when you're gettin' flak.

MY DEFINITION OF EXPERT IS:

X , as in has been. Spurt, as in a drip under pressure.

Be safe out there everyone. You to.....Vic.

·
Premium Member
13,514 Posts
Good evening all. I let Butch use my saw today to cut a big tree that fell at his house. He got on E-bay and ordered one for himself. He said it was lighter than his small saw and cut 100 times better. Go figger. I bush-hogged my upper field that had 8/10 pines growing in it. going to plow it and plant salad. If the deer don't eat it I will. I can share it with all my friends around here. SUNS, all I know about Glyphosate is that it supposedly causes Cancer. I don't know dippy from doddle but if it does they should pay out the yingus tuccus. If not it should be left alone. I know I can pray for Ken, Binki and Macxperts Wife.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Morning y'all ! Bill... I suspect that your saw cutting so good has something to do with how well you sharpen it... you probably keep a pretty keen edge on it. I try to keep mine sharp, but don't feel like I really do that good a job. 30mph winds last night had our trees dancing! Luckily only some small stuff came off the trees. I've got a lot of wood on the ground that I've got to yard up and cut up. Next winter we will be nice and warm!! Have a good ol' day everyone! Saw some bikes out yesterday in town... little early for me, but nice to see!!

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Crickets. Damn crickets... If you say "Good Morning" in the forest... never mind. Have a good day I said to nobody... Spaghetti.

·
Premium Member
13,514 Posts
Good afternoon all. You are right Hillzz. I keep them ready to go at all times here. You never know whether it will be trees down from ice, wet snow or thunderstorms. I keep a chain and chainsaw in the back of the truck all the time. In 96 we had a terrible ice storm and it took me 6 hours to cut my way out of here because of downed trees across the road. We are last on the list to get state help because it is a gravel road and only 4 houses on it. I like it though. Now for some good stuff. I found a set of valves,springs and keepers to fix my log splitter. Oh-well, just another day at BR-547's house. Yall have fun and let's pray for Ken, Binki and Macxperts Wife.

·
Premium Member
13,514 Posts
Afternoon Yall. Another great day here. Too nice for cutting and hauling logs. May finish cleaning the boat and go for a test ride with Tater. He is a good First Mate. Knows all about barking at everything he looks at. I will be fishing next week so I need to test the motor after the rebuild. Only has 30 minutes barrel time on it. Yall be good and let's pray for Ken, Binki and Macxperts Wife.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Afternoon Yall. Another great day here. Too nice for cutting and hauling logs. May finish cleaning the boat and go for a test ride with Tater. He is a good First Mate. Knows all about barking at everything he looks at. I will be fishing next week so I need to test the motor after the rebuild. Only has 30 minutes barrel time on it. Yall be good and let's pray for Ken, Binki and Macxperts Wife.
That's a great idea Bill ! Take a break for a change! Make sure you take some floatation for you and for Tater!

·
Premium Member
13,514 Posts
Afternoon All. Great day out there today. Don't feel like cutting and hauling logs so Tater and I are going to finish cleaning the boat and go for a test ride. After the tune up, thermostat and waterpump replacement I want to make sure it is ready to go next week. Tater said it is time to go catch a fish and I agree. Yall have a great day and let's Pray for Ken, Binki and Macxperts Wife. I believe Binki is the Fury Brother that passed a month or so ago. If it was, may the lord put him on a new Fury and keep him on two wheels till we get there to ride with him. Amen

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Afternoon All. Great day out there today. Don't feel like cutting and hauling logs so Tater and I are going to finish cleaning the boat and go for a test ride. After the tune up, thermostat and waterpump replacement I want to make sure it is ready to go next week. Tater said it is time to go catch a fish and I agree. Yall have a great day and let's Pray for Ken, Binki and Macxperts Wife. I believe Binki is the Fury Brother that passed a month or so ago. If it was, may the lord put him on a new Fury and keep him on two wheels till we get there to ride with him. Amen
Sure sorry to hear about Binki... prayers for his family.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,514 Posts
Good Morning All. Looks like the Coroni Virus is spreading like butter. If I hear it is coming anywhere close to here I am going to pull a Goat on everyone. Mama, Tater and I can hang back here for a year at least. Tater may be able to last a little longer as per the pic below. Plenty of meat and fish around. Until then I am just being me. Yall have a great day and let's pray for Ken, Binki and Macxperts Wife. Let's also pray for all those that need help with this Virus.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Good morning guys! Happy frickin' Thursday.

·
Premium Member
13,514 Posts
Good morning all. I am working on my splitter engine today because all the parts came in yesterday. Still hoping the info on Binki was wrong, but we will see. I am still praying for him. Yall have a great day and let's pray for all in need.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Well crap, that's what happens when I don't get on here. I sure hope Binki is still with us, and if not, that he passed cleanly. It's all any of us can hope for, honestly. Great guy.

I'm still around, got to ride most of last week, had my oldest home for most of the week for Spring Break, took some time off to be with her. Rode Monday, but it's been raining the rest of this week, so bah. Watching the situation overseas closely, as we are supposed to be taking the Mother of All Vacations in Italy this summer. Tickets were plummeting, but with everything getting closed over there, I wouldn't be able to see anything if this keeps up. I doubt it will still be a problem in the summertime, so I'm staying the course.

Went to the Doc yesterday, and I am in fantastic health! My wife started a diet this year, and I'm down 17 pounds already. I didn't even know I had that much to lose. She's jealous, as she's only lost a handful of pounds herself, but she's happy for me. She says.

That's all that's fit to print. No virus cases in our town, but with nobody getting tested, we probably all have it and just don't know it. Keep safe out there, DON'T PANIC, and enjoy the ride. Can't get sick from riding.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
"My wife started a diet this year, and I'm down 17 pounds already..." -Ha ha ha ha! Now that there is funny!

Yup, sharp chain is where it's at! I cut down a bunch of brush and blew the leaves for some natural grass to fill in for the deer too (started two years ago), so far so good! (Well, I got bear now, can't figure that one out...)

Sorry to hear about Binki, that sucks.

Regarding that COVID-19 stuff, it's not even as bad as the normal flu. (I have a degree -ha ha ha!)

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
The Corona virus hit my youngest daughter's school last week when a student tested positive. All the students were sent home and the school was closed for two days while it got cleaned by hasmat teams. The student, teachers and fellow students who were in contact have been sent home for 14 days while the rest of the students resumed classes after a 2 day break. My work freaked out and told me to work from home until I get the results of my Corona Virus test. I'm not complaining, working from home save me 2 hours a day commuting through shitty traffic.

Don't forget to pray for those in need.

·
Premium Member
13,514 Posts
Good morning all. Go gettum Hedge. That was some funny stuff there. We had a girl over here at Longwood that tested positive yesterday after coming back to school from a trip to Italy. I thought college students were suppose to be smart? I think we are going to hermit here for a while. Plenty of good Venison, 150 cans of veggies and 6 bags of flower. I can make some good pan bread. The log splitter is again running like a top. Think i'll get back to hauling logs again. Yall have a great day and let's pray for Ken and Macxperts Wife.

20121 - 20140 of 20197 Posts