Honda Fury Forums: banner

20141 - 20160 of 20431 Posts

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
I wonder if Goats are immune to this shit? More than likely I won't get it anyway, as I pretty much stay at home as much as I can up on Hermit Hill.

Ah, a quick story.......... When I see a strange car outside or hear a knock on the door, the first thing I do is grab a gun and unless I know who it is, I always answer the door with a gun in my hand. Last week, for whatever reason, when I saw a strange car and heard the knock, I didn't grab a gun. I guess it was a good thing because it was two old ladies wanting to talk to me about God and the current state of the world. I kinda' tried to be nice, but I've known God all my life and didn't want to sit and listen to these old broads. I told 'em I'd give 'em 3 minutes. Blah, blah, here's a pamphlet and off they went.

Looking back though, maybe it would've been funny if I had answered the door with a gun like I always do.

........and why do they always send the old ladies? I'm being serious here. Don't they realize they'd get a better response if they sent a couple of young gals? If they had been two young, attractive women, I not only would've listened to them for hours, but I may have even came to their church............at least once anyway.

·
Premium Member
13,575 Posts
Good morning all. Leave it up to THE GOAT to start the day off with a chuckle. We use get them here till I answered the door and in a gruff voice I asked them What do you want here? I think they marked my box or something because they haven't been back. Rain here so I am doing nothing today. Yall have a great day and let's pray for Ken and Macxperts Wife.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Morning all! The Corona virus outbreak has forced the Prime Minister to ban all gatherings of 500 or more, ban spectators from all ball games and close a number of schools. The universities are next. My church was open yesterday with the usual three services but even they are considering canceling services. Going to the supermarket is depressing, no toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, feminine hygiene products, pasta, rice, flour, pasta sauce, tomato paste and now no frozen or canned food. Crazy times indeed.

My stepdaughter's boyfriend brought her a roll of toilet paper the other day when he picked her up. I joked "nothing says I love you like toilet paper" forget the roses! I like her boyfriend he's a no nonsense kinda guy...... Don't forget to pray for those in need.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Good morning ! Same situation here in Maine as everywhere else. Panic buying, empty store shelves and schools closing. Glad I moved into the woods but wish I didn't have to leave to come to work. A well known local donut shop has a promotion going - buy a dozen donuts and they throw in a roll of TP... ! Ha ! I've had their donuts... eat a couple and you won't need the TP !! So far I haven't heard of any shortages in the wine and beer aisles. THAT surprises me.

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
Panic panic panic! Went out to breakfast, we were the only ones in the place. Going to another restaurant for a St. Patrick's Day special dinner, our first time ever, I'm sure it won't be full. Shopping for clothes, deserted. Grocery stores and Walmarts are another story, but we don't need anything. I'm not convinced I didn't already have this last month, that was the worst cough I ever had, and it lasted 5 weeks.

They are closing my school district down starting Wednesday, not sure what is going to happen to my department. It's gonna suck if my wife gets to be out of work and I'm still playing with my machines. I'd rather self isolate on the coast with my trailer.
They closed one kid's school, it's all online now until further notice, so she's coming home. Damn, I like dressing the wife up in flimsy lace all day, that's gonna end. My middle daughter's graduation has gone online, no in-person celebration. Sucks, but I don't have to drive to L.A. and fight graduation crowds now, so that's a plus. My oldest's school is closed now too, all online. Not sure how she's going to do her surgeries now for her school. Crazy.

You guys keep it together out there, this is WAY overblown, but it's the people making it crazy out there. Be safe if you are riding, I hope to be off and might do some road tripping finally.

·
Premium Member
13,575 Posts
Good evening All. Hillzz I have enough Venison, Fish, Chicken, Rabbit and squirrel to last a year or so. Guess we will just Hermitt up right here. Take the boat and go fishing now and then just to break the boredom a little. Tater dose not care one way or the other as long as we keep his food coming. I am planting salad for the deer, bear, rabbits and Mama, Tatter and Me. Thinking about doing a medium bear this year cause i am out of bear meat. Meanwhile bundle up and keep warm up there Hillzz. Let's Pray for Ken and Macxperts Wife.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
The state is talking about making it possible for me and most of my co-workers to work from home! Of course, being government, they can't make a decision... gotta talk about it endlessly. We will probably all contract the virus and die at our desks before they make it happen. Oh well. My wife will be working from home soon... just waiting for the cable company to string wire from the road to the house - 19 poles. Might be April or May before they git er dun.

Last night my wife made a custard pie, cookies and beef stew w/ biscuits. And she is planning corned beef, cabbage and spuds for the weekend! Yum!
Happy St Patty's Day!

Stay safe! Have a great day!

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
I'm not convinced I didn't already have this last month, that was the worst cough I ever had, and it lasted 5 weeks.

this is WAY overblown, but it's the people making it crazy out there.
I have been wondering about that. How many people have had this COVID-19 and thought it was just a normal sickness, which I think that's what it is. How many old people die from the flu every year? Is this new strain really any different? From what I've heard, the only people who have died from this virus, are old people who already have something wrong with them.........just like the normal flu. I read that someone here in Kansas died from it and he was over 70 and had lung problems already. I've read that others here in Kansas have tested positive for the corona virus and are home sick, but otherwise doing fine.

You're damn right it's way overblown, but that's what the sick fucking media does, all the time. People are stupid, panicky morons........hoarding toilet paper and other things, freaking out like it's the damn apocalypse. What will people do when something really bad happens.......???????.......hide in a toilet paper fort and hope someone will save them? Makes me fucking sick........scared stupid people.

I've been avoiding the stores since I heard about all this idiotic shit. I would like to go to the store and get some things, but I'll just wait. I always have enough food in the cupboards to last a little while. I've been living on beans and raman noodles and macaroni and creamed corn. Last night I had some salmon and spinach and some crackers. Later this week I'll be livin' high on the hog though. I have hamburger thawing out for the grill and also some sausage for spaghetti.

Of course I'm constantly stocked up with the essentials of bullets and booze, so not to worry there.

·
Premium Member
13,575 Posts
Good morning All. I was doing pretty good till Iread Hillzz's post. Now i'm hungry as all getout. Think i'll do the same, Cornbeef,cabbage and turnips, YUMMY. Mama fixed us my favorite for dinner last night cause it was our 52nd Anniversary. It is now one of Tater's favorites. Don't know how she put up with me that long. She is an Angel I guess. Oh-Well, It's back to hauling logs to the sawmill today. Only got 16 more to go. Yall stay in hiding and be safe. Mama, Tater and I are praying for Ken, Macxperts Wife and all in need.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Good morning All. I was doing pretty good till Iread Hillzz's post. Now i'm hungry as all getout. Think i'll do the same, Cornbeef,cabbage and turnips, YUMMY. Mama fixed us my favorite for dinner last night cause it was our 52nd Anniversary. It is now one of Tater's favorites. Don't know how she put up with me that long. She is an Angel I guess. Oh-Well, It's back to hauling logs to the sawmill today. Only got 16 more to go. Yall stay in hiding and be safe. Mama, Tater and I are praying for Ken, Macxperts Wife and all in need.
Congratulations to you and Mama... 20 years this July for me and my bride... we are working on catching up to you Bill... lol

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
You've been together one year shy of my lifetime. That's pretty rare from what I've seen. Looks like you're stuck with each other forever. Good for you guys if you're happy.

I've just celebrated my 8 year anniversary of being set free of the evil damn witch I was legally bound to. I'm free forever. Good for me, 'cause I'm definitely happy.

Hope everyone has a great St. Patrick's Day. No traditional Irish dish for me unfortunately. I'll have to settle for a double cheeseburger, or fried chicken, or a steak........or maybe all three! Woo-hoo! I'm livin' the dream, you sonsabitches, yeah!

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
25 this July, here. Was going to go to Italy, but that's probably going to have to be modified. :)

So good morning, still no cases here, but people are still panic buying. I'm loading up on Stocks, and today is definitely an 'up' day, so I'm thrilled. Kinda fun to watch, but I know others are truly worried. Not us, going out to a St. Patty's dinner party, my first one ever.

Rain and cold today, so no riding, but I sure hope they decide to close us all down, I want to head out to the beach, or get some much needed work done around the homestead. Stay safe and stay away from the nutjobs (and the TV)!

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
First marriage was for 13 years. Been with my current wife for 15 years - married for 10 next month (yikes.... guess I better start shopping!!) No plans to surpass Bill's milestone! Congrats to 460brevill and BakoFury !

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
First marriage was for 13 years. Been with my current wife for 15 years - married for 10 next month (yikes.... guess I better start shopping!!) No plans to surpass Bill's milestone! Congrats to 460brevill and BakoFury !
What the fuck? No congratulations on my 8 year anniversary of being free and single? JEALOUS? HA!

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
What the fuck? No congratulations on my 8 year anniversary of being free and single? JEALOUS? HA!
I started to comment that I expected you to soon announce your engagement to one of WI_Hedgehog 's short-of-stature lady friends - but got interrupted here at work before I could. We all know that you are a hopeless romantic at heart, and if you are 8 years celibate, you must be horny as hell. You weren't participating on the Forum much, so maybe you were hanging in some country western bar looking for a hookup. I don't know how the internet dating sites work, but I can't imagine that "Goat" is gonna attract a lot of female attention... but then again, Farmers.com might be just the place for you to advertise your services!!

20141 - 20160 of 20431 Posts