Honda Fury Forums: banner

20321 - 20340 of 20415 Posts

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
In spite of the populous trash, I would like to see California just once, meet up with the guys and definitely would love some good Mexican food. However, if you remember anything about "the old goat", you should remember that I do not travel. Way back in my early 20's, traveling was fun. Now in my early 50's, no fuckin' way. The only way to get me there is by big private jet maybe.
Yeah I remember you don't travel. Nothing wrong with my memory.....

·
Premium Member
13,569 Posts
Afternoon Guys. Another great day of RAIN here. Everything is growing including my food plots. Mama and I fixed us a salad for dinner last night and Tater had to get in on the act. That crazy dog will eat anything we eat, no onions though. During this crazy time he is a real companion to us. Yall be good and let's pray for Ken, Macxperts Wife and all in need.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Afternoon Guys. Another great day of RAIN here. Everything is growing including my food plots. Mama and I fixed us a salad for dinner last night and Tater had to get in on the act. That crazy dog will eat anything we eat, no onions though. During this crazy time he is a real companion to us. Yall be good and let's pray for Ken, Macxperts Wife and all in need.
There's greens on that plate? All I see is Thousand Island!! :LOL:

G'mornin all.
Still working from home through June at least, we'll see what ends up happening after that. I think companies are going to start letting people work from home more if they're able to. Which means a lot of us designers will work from home. Fine by me! I'll just need to go in when I finish a tool and we have to test it for functionality the first couple of times.

Silver Mountain is supposed to open over in Idaho for biking this weekend, and it's my bud's b-day, so we're thinking of heading over there. We should have some of our old crew coming out from Montana too if so. Should be a great weekend, much needed to get on a chairlift and ride bikes. We've been riding a lot locally, but you have to earn the downhills by some pretty intense uphill rides! I suppose though, if our neighbors up north aren't going to open the border yet and Whistler has no opening in site, this should do.

Thinking about taking on another (but fun this time) truck project, I'd like to build my own bumper for the front. Unfortunately, I only have a little Lincoln 135 MIG box which is really only good up to .100" using gas, and .250" using flux core wire. I really do NOT like using flux core, and the bumper thicknesses I have are 1/4" and 1/8" material. I'm not so worried about the 1/8" in a single pass, but the quarter inch will just take more time, possible overlap welds, and poor penetration. Not a big deal, but that means more heat into the bumper and more chances of warping. Since I'd be doing it in my driveway, I'm not sure I want to purchase all that material just to have it tater-chip on me during welding and not fit properly. Even though I'll tack the whole thing first then weld off the truck.

So I'm up in the air. I may see if a buddy will let me weld it at his house, or I'd pay to have it done (I don't want to do that!!). So we'll see how this goes.

Anyway, back to work on my laser welding tool for one of our rocket engines, y'all keep the rubber side down.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
The Mornin Thread is NOT Fury relevant/related, should be removed!
Hope you are joking....
This thread has a strong and special presence, that's pretty sentimental to a lot of members. Before yours or my time.
Might want to go read some old threads and get an understanding if you're serious before you go saying things like that.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
The Mornin Thread is NOT Fury relevant/related, should be removed!
What the fuck, man? There are a lot of threads and posts that aren't "Fury relevant". Some of us have been here since the beginning and we have a community here. It's a community of people, some of which have known each other for around 11 years now, who like to just talk. I've met a lot of great people here and have got to know them by talking about a lot of shit other than the Fury. I met a guy from England who actually flew over here and spent about a week with me. Met another guy who was living in Japan and he came over here and spent time with a few members including myself. He has since passed away.

The guy who started this thread was loved by all and he has also passed away.

Not trying to be rude, but you're awful new around here to be saying things like this thread should be removed. If you don't like the thread, don't click on it. There are plenty of other threads around that are "Fury relevant". Why would you want to take away a thread that many of us have enjoyed for years just because you don't like it? This makes no sense to me.

Also, since it seems you may have not noticed, this thread is in an "Off Topic Section" called the "Fury Lounge". If you only want to read posts about the bike, you may want to stay out of the Off Topic Section. Again, not trying to be rude with you man. Just stating some facts for you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well EXCUSE ME for trying to make this forum BETTER! And yes I am new but I have been on plenty of other forum and they tend to stay on topic.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Well EXCUSE ME for trying to make this forum BETTER! And yes I am new but I have been on plenty of other forum and they tend to stay on topic.
You really need to go back and have a look at some old threads and realize this thread has PLENTY of significance to the forum and even has lots of Fury talk in it too. Maybe it doesn't have significance to you, so stay the F* out of it if you don't like it. But don't go demanding things get taken off or removed. How in the hell would that make this forum better and how the hell would you know anyway? You haven't contributed crap to this forum.

Other forums stay on topic? Ha, now I know you're lying. Drop your ego a bit bud, you can't come into a place like this with a full head of steam and your chest out like you own the place. This is one of the best forums I've been apart of with the best people that help each other out. It's entitled attitudes like yours that chap peoples a$s.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
How would removing this thread make this site any better? It's BECAUSE of threads like these that make this site better.

What you're suggesting seems very close to censorship. Did you vote for Hillary?

How about we all come to your place to watch TV and try to tell you which shows you should not be watching? We would just be trying to make your home a better place.

Thanks for trying to help, if that's really what you're doing, but we've been doing fine since 2009 and people have been enjoying this thread for around a decade and no one has complained about it till now.

·
Registered
65 Posts
WOW!! Talk about rattling some cages! Just testing the waters to see what I can get away with. Now I know ... EVERYTHING is AVAILABLE!! (Politics, Religion, LGBTQ) to name a few. THANKS.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
WOW!! Talk about rattling some cages! Just testing the waters to see what I can get away with...
Nah, you're just being a twat is all. Go pester another forum. Or contribute something useful.

·
Super Moderator
2,828 Posts
WOW!! Talk about rattling some cages! Just testing the waters to see what I can get away with. Now I know ... EVERYTHING is AVAILABLE!! (Politics, Religion, LGBTQ) to name a few. THANKS.
Good morning, and welcome.

You may find it helpful to relegate such things to threads like Anything Goes and stay within the Terms of Use (notice Internet Etiquette is listed).

While some forums stay strictly on topic, this forum pretty much goes off topic within 5 posts; there's a flow to it, once you've been here a while you'll notice a topic on left-handed bolts doesn't veer into what type of baby food one's teenage hipster son likes for breakfast. You can stay on topic by quoting someone and replying, which is how many people choose to bring a thread "back on topic." (It doesn't last...)

This is a very friendly, social forum. Most members own a Fury motorcycle, some are hard-core riders, some park theirs in a shed after ripping the fuel controller wires out, let the tires go flat, patch the tires and fix the controller, then put it back in the shed and let it collect dust. Expect their personalities to match. This is not a button-collecting or knitting forum, an outlaw biker forum, or a Milwaukee Iron forum. The Fury is a unique bike, expect the owners and forum to be unique also.

20321 - 20340 of 20415 Posts