Honda Fury Forums: banner

20361 - 20380 of 20425 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Good morning! Off today, had to fire up the PC to get some job paperwork for the wife before my daughter comes in and claims the office for school again. Working the rest of this week, though.
Slight protest issues going on downtown, not sure why they are even protesting, what happened up there has nothing to do down here. I guess people are tired of being pent up, wanna go steal shit. For a good cause, of course. Dumb.
Gonna be over 100 again this week, and now with stuff is opening back up, I gotta do some errands. Probably a truck week, or at least a couple of days. I was able to get a haircut yesterday, got there half an hour early, and was already 6th in line. Buncha fuzzy guys standing out there for sure! Be safe out there if you are riding.

·
Premium Member
13,573 Posts
Afternoon all. I'm so happy I can't stand it. Mama just made me a P,JB for lunch. When I finish that i'm going fishing. Can't beat that for a days work. Bako, You need to take a break. All those girls are going to wear you out. My daughter lives in Norfolk and she keeps me on the go. Yall have a ball and let's Pray for Ken, Macxperts Wife and all in need.

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Good morning! Back at work again this week, going to be over 100 again for a few days. So that's my excuse to take the truck and return some Home Depot stuff I didn't use. I need about 3 cubic yards of dirt, but that garden thing is done 'enough' to get the Mrs. out there and planting. Ah the things we care about as we age. :)

Here's some pics.

·
Premium Member
13,573 Posts
Afternoon Guys. Looking good so far Bako. :):) . I am working on my worm bed. Got 5 pounds of red wigglers on the way. Going after my bluegill supply next week. May take the fly-rod and play around with it. Tater tries to catch the bigger fly's so I can't take him. Yall have a great day and let's pray for Ken,Macxperts wife and all in need.

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
Good morning! Back at work again this week, going to be over 100 again for a few days. So that's my excuse to take the truck and return some Home Depot stuff I didn't use. I need about 3 cubic yards of dirt, but that garden thing is done 'enough' to get the Mrs. out there and planting. Ah the things we care about as we age. :)

Here's some pics.
View attachment 236908
View attachment 236909
I haven't gone back to read your other posts yet, so I'm confused about what this thing you've built has to do with gardening. Looks to me like some kind of elaborate chicken coop. Just need some boards close to the top so they can roost at night and maybe a solid roof. Can you build me something similar? I've been wanting some chickens for years, but I have so many damn predators, I'm not sure I could keep them.

·
Super Moderator
2,830 Posts
Good morning all!

The trick to chickens seems to be a movable wire-mesh run during the day and completely separate galvanized steel enclosure at night. When they dig up an area of your yard, pick up one end of the day enclosure and roll it to a new location, then fill in the 1/2-bowling-ball-sized holes they dug. Fertilize your gardens with the leftovers.

(like this, without the coop part)

·
Premium Member
13,573 Posts
Good morning All. I think i may try to take a small male bear this year. He is spending too much time in my yard and i don't want him in conflict with Tater. I like bear meat so he want go to waist. Next week is fish week except Friday. That is colonoscopy day. Oh-Great. I think i get the rectomomiter that day. LOL. Yall have a great day and let's pray for Ken, Macxperts Wife to get her new knee and all in need.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Good morning All. I think i may try to take a small male bear this year. He is spending too much time in my yard and i don't want him in conflict with Tater. I like bear meat so he want go to waist. Next week is fish week except Friday. That is colonoscopy day. Oh-Great. I think i get the rectomomiter that day. LOL. Yall have a great day and let's pray for Ken, Macxperts Wife to get her new knee and all in need.
Right on Bill don't let 'em mess with the fam!
Speaking of bear my stepdad took down a Grizzly back home in AK. few days ago.

Hope everyone is well this morning. Been good here, pretty quiet. Glad I'm far from Seattle and all the rioting bullshit that's going on up there.

Still recovering from a bike crash (not MC!) from Kellogg a couple weeks ago. Had a large contusion on my hip that's still there and my entire side is purple! It's pretty painful and the swelling is still there, but it's getting back to normal. We were going to head back there this weekend but the weather is supposed to be really trashy and it might not be worth the 5.5 hour drive.

Tinkered out in the garage with the Fury last night and fired it up. I'm ready for some good riding weather. Finally put some good lighting up in the garage and put it on a smart switch so I can turn the lights on and off with an app on my phone, and not have to stumble over all the projects I usually have laying about to get to the damn light switch. I gotta say, it's pretty awesome!

Anyway, everyone have a good day, rubber side down!

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Hey everyone, happy afternoon. Didn't ride because it is stinkin' hot out there, and it turns out we are now taking every Friday off this summer, so no work tomorrow.

@Goat that is a gardening box that had to be completely enclosed. My yard backs up to a canal that is loaded with squirrels who decimated my last gardening attempt. So this unit is chicken wired all around, and has stepping stones in the bottom of the planter boxes to keep them from digging up through. It's funny, my daughter saw it and WILL have chickens once she is out of school and asked me to build her a coop. I certainly learned a lot from building this one.

Everyone keep doing whatever it is you are doing to stay healthy and safe out there!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Hey everyone, happy afternoon. Didn't ride because it is stinkin' hot out there, and it turns out we are now taking every Friday off this summer, so no work tomorrow.

@Goat that is a gardening box that had to be completely enclosed. My yard backs up to a canal that is loaded with squirrels who decimated my last gardening attempt. So this unit is chicken wired all around, and has stepping stones in the bottom of the planter boxes to keep them from digging up through. It's funny, my daughter saw it and WILL have chickens once she is out of school and asked me to build her a coop. I certainly learned a lot from building this one.

Everyone keep doing whatever it is you are doing to stay healthy and safe out there!
Chickens are awesome to have if you love eggs. Store eggs can't produce even close to the quality and taste that home hens do. I'm lucky to have friends that have chickens, and my next door neighbor has them too. They've eaten so many eggs they just give me 18 whenever I need them. I think she just has them as companions though, she seems to talk to them a lot. Works out well for me.

Reactions: BakoFury

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
My brother had them when he was still married and had a house. His back yard, the part where the chickens went, looked like the surface of the moon. There was nothing alive in that yard :) But you are right about the eggs, they were WAY better than storebought.

·
Premium Member
13,573 Posts
Good morning All. Going out with Tater to check all the trail cams this morning. Tater likes to chase rabbits while we are out. I wonder what will happen if he catches one. He got a baby in the front yard a few weeks ago and all he did was lick it and play with it in a gentle way and let it go. I'm proud of that little guy. Got to reline a few reels today so Mama and I can take Tater fishing tomorrow. He dose not do a lot of fishing but he likes to play in the water. Yall be good and let's pray for Ken Macxperts Wife to get a new knee and all in need.

·
Premium Member
13,573 Posts
Afternoon Guys. Painting a 750 tank today for a friend. I'll get the paint on today and clear coat tomorrow. Wednesday is recktomometer day. Got my 4 poles in the back field yesterday for my new deer stand. Got a new bear in the back that I may take this year. Haven't had bear meat in a few years now. Yall be good and let's pray for Ken, Macxpertys Wife and all in need.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Morning everyone. Nothing much going on down under other than a bunch of morons protesting about "black issues". Even some of the heavyweight Aboriginal leaders came out and said the protests were dumb and the Aboriginal people don't have the same problems as the African Americans. Not that any of the morons protesting cared, nor did they care about breaking the law when we are still in lock down and social distancing. We had no new Covid 19 cases before the protests in NSW. Expect a second wave of infections now and all the businesses that were allowed to reopen will be forced to close again......

Don't forget to pray for those in need.

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Good morning! Happy to report I rode in, though my battery (despite being on tender for weeks) dipped down enough at start that my display reset. I am getting kinda tired of that, the battery is only a couple of years old, maybe three. But no matter, got here fine, nice in the morning, 100 degrees on the way home. Gotta take the truck tomorrow, gathering boxes now that my kid found a house to rent, gotta head to Arizona and help move.
Stay safe out there, don't get wrapped up in these protests, either.

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
Morning everyone. Nothing much going on down under other than a bunch of morons protesting about "black issues". Even some of the heavyweight Aboriginal leaders came out and said the protests were dumb and the Aboriginal people don't have the same problems as the African Americans. Not that any of the morons protesting cared, nor did they care about breaking the law when we are still in lock down and social distancing. We had no new Covid 19 cases before the protests in NSW. Expect a second wave of infections now and all the businesses that were allowed to reopen will be forced to close again......

Don't forget to pray for those in need.
The same left wing dickheads who were saying we had to stay home and away from other people and avoid crowds are the same left wing dickheads who are praising the large gatherings of protestors and rioters and thieves. So I guess that tells us that if you're a quiet law abiding citizen, you'll spread the virus if you go outside and get around crowds, but if you're an idiotic protestor, rioter and thief, you can go out in crowds and you won't spread the virus.

I'M SICK OF THIS EVIL IDIOTIC SHIT AND THESE DAMN STUPID FUCKING PEOPLE!

20361 - 20380 of 20425 Posts