Honda Fury Forums: banner

20401 - 20418 of 20418 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Good morning all! Did my brakes yesterday, I did have a part left over. Looks like a thin metal covering over the back of the pad on the non-piston side. I'm guessing it's a squeak plate of something non-important. I still have it from the old pad, is it worth putting on? Boy those pads were low. One was metal on rotor at one end, glad I did it.

Didn't ride, however, as I have some errands to run. Our building was shut down because someone tested positive and they had to 'disinfect' the whole building, and I wasn't going to do my running around on the weekend with all the stuff I had to do at home. Headed out of town again on Wednesday, so not much time to get it all done.

Spent part of that weekend running irrigation to the new garden structure. I'm one straight coupler away from having it all up and running. Always the way, one dumb piece stops the fun. Kinda stiff today, needed the pickaxe for about 35 feet of that trench, but at least I'm done with the trenching now.

Everyone stay safe out there, and remember that riding is a good social distance activity that will help with your insanity (not @Goat, he's already too far gone :D )

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good morning all! Did my brakes yesterday, I did have a part left over. Looks like a thin metal covering over the back of the pad on the non-piston side. I'm guessing it's a squeak plate of something non-important. I still have it from the old pad, is it worth putting on?
Yes! That sounds like the brake pad spring. Very important. And good morning!

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Good morning all! Did my brakes yesterday, I did have a part left over. Looks like a thin metal covering over the back of the pad on the non-piston side. I'm guessing it's a squeak plate of something non-important. I still have it from the old pad, is it worth putting on? Boy those pads were low. One was metal on rotor at one end, glad I did it.

Didn't ride, however, as I have some errands to run. Our building was shut down because someone tested positive and they had to 'disinfect' the whole building, and I wasn't going to do my running around on the weekend with all the stuff I had to do at home. Headed out of town again on Wednesday, so not much time to get it all done.

Spent part of that weekend running irrigation to the new garden structure. I'm one straight coupler away from having it all up and running. Always the way, one dumb piece stops the fun. Kinda stiff today, needed the pickaxe for about 35 feet of that trench, but at least I'm done with the trenching now.

Everyone stay safe out there, and remember that riding is a good social distance activity that will help with your insanity (not @Goat, he's already too far gone :D )
The moral of the parts left over story; If it has tits or tires there's gonna be problems down the road,

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Evening freekies
Its been a while since being on here, been lurking tho'. I see's most folks are well. If I missed an incident, hope ya get better. Been up in the mountains a year now and its been really good. All's clear on the front....
Sold the bike tonight. Gonna really miss it. Me n the missus had some good times on it. But like owning a classic car, I'm just a steward until the right person comes along. I wish him well and safe rides.
Other than that, once I get back in the good graces on the financial side of things, Ill consider getting another ride. Until then, rubber side down folks. The idiot cagers are worse than I've ever seen so ride safe. Ill check back in on yall....

Latorz gatorz

·
Premium Member
13,570 Posts
Good morning all. Bako, That is a squeal plate. It adsorbs the vibration from the pads when you put on brakes. It want hurt anything not being there but you may hear squealing from that brake pad. I have a lot to do today so i am outa here. Yall be good and let's pray for Ken, Macxperts Wife and all in need.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
@whiskeytrail8 I hope you can get back in the saddle soon, definitely log in when you can and keep us all in line.

Bako, That is a squeal plate.
That's what it looks like. I may try to pull that pin and drop the pad and do it right. Only because I don't want a bunch of leftover parts laying around my garage! :)

All's well here, as far as I can tell. Paid bills, family is packing for the trip tomorrow. Of course, it's going to be under 100 degrees while I'm gone. Gonna be hot as hell in Phoenix this weekend. I think it just follows me. My brother was reporting nonstop rain and lightning in his part of the country (well, his Tennessee to Indiana route anyway), so I guess it could be worse.

Everyone stay safe, healthy, and avoid hippies if they appear.

·
Premium Member
13,570 Posts
Good morning all. My best friends B-Day today so no work. We may go fishing for a while. He is bringing his crossbow so we may shoot some too. Yall do something good for someone today, It will make you feel good. Let's pray for Ken. Macxperts Wife and all in need.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Happy Thursday. Got to AZ, bought a ton of fireworks, man it's WAY better here than California. When you are buying stuff with powder that's measured in kilograms, you know it's gonna be good. Did a few fixits around the new place, headed to a bike shop with my youngest now. After I hit the post office to mail those pads to @Goat , of course.

Keep safe out there and have a great day.

·
Premium Member
13,570 Posts
Good morning all. Another fine day here in the woods. I resited my crossbow for the Swhacker broadheads yesterday. the last three shots were dead center bullseye's. I am now ready for hunting season. Chose the Schacker because I plan to take a bear this year. Got more of them around here than I need. See if I can get a pic up of one of them that is coming to close to the house for comfort. Yall tell someone Good-day and mean it, It will make you feel good. Let's pray for Ken, Macxperts Wife and all in need.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Hey everyone, happy 4th from Arizona! Hot as balls here, but I have all my kids together. Biscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon, and eggs for breakfast, wife just finished baking cookies. Pulled pork for lunch later, I'm gonna get major fat today. Kids are going to experiment with various champagne mixed drinks (girls!), grilling brats for dinner, and then fireworks time.

Be careful if you are riding out there, and celebrate our freedom.

·
Premium Member
13,570 Posts
Good evening guys. Finally got some rain here. It was drying up like a dessert. Got a pic of papa and mama on the trail cam. Her two cubs are on there own now. I need to take a couple of them out of here. Bear rump roast, Yum-Yum. Yall be good, Pray for Ken, Macxperts Wife and all in need.

20401 - 20418 of 20418 Posts