Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to give credit where credit is due: The guys at Revival Cycles came up with an engineering marvel, the Birdcage Bike. This motorcycle sports a super thin wire trellis frame, and brand new BMW throwback engine.

From a mechanical standpoint it's beautiful. From a functional standpoint the driver might not even be able to stay on the seat. From a looks perspective, well, let's just say "it's subjective."

Take a gander over at Ultimate Motorcycling and let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
The first time I saw this, and now again, it is an interesting exercise in design and bike building. I disagree that it is beautiful from a mechanical point of view.

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
It's just like marriage; just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

I will admit that the vision with execution is impressive, but I don't care for this look either.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Looks like a TIG welding nightmare if that's how they executed. I can imagine all those thin welded tubes twisted like a potato chip after it was all welded and cooled down. I'm sure a lot of cold working had to be done to get that frame straight again. It was job security for someone for a while...

·
Registered
12,115 Posts
I am sometimes a very practical person and if I don't use it often, I don't see the need for it. That's why I recently sold one of my guns that I used to love. I rarely ever shot it, so I got rid of it.

Therefore, I see that bike as a ridiculous waste of time. IF you could ride it, it looks like it would be the most uncomfortable ride imaginable. Why build a bike that you can't ride?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

Ok, where are the footprints? ......never mind, Red Bull gives you wiiings.:cool:
Lol, I SHOULD have gotten off on the other side. As it is I walked on the tire tracks lol!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts