Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is 65 here in sunny North Carolina and I decided to go for a ride.
I am rolling up the Highway and come to a red light when about 6 or 7 Harleys pull up to the light.

The one in front looks over and I nod my head and he gets this smirk on his face and says “Ain’t that one of those little Hondas” I just looked down the road and thought what a butt head. Through the left turn light they kept revving their bikes and laughing.

OK, I have had ENOUGH!:mad:

When the left turn light went yellow I pegged the rev limiter and when my light went green I popped the clutch and little blue went hell bent for leather. I took it to 70 mph and held it there for about 2 minutes and that’s when I saw the Harley fly past.

When we got the next light the guy looked at me and asked “So, what kind of Honda is that anyway?”:p

Power to Weight ratio 101.
You take a 800 lbs Harley with a 200 + lbs fat a$$ and put it up against a 600 lbs Fury with a 112 lbs smart a$$. And you get an a$$ whoopin.

DO NOT BAG ON MY BLUE BAGGER!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Actually your blue bagger has made me decide to turn mine into a black bagger. As soon as i get done with Uncle Sam and the tax lady, I am gonna order that fairing and set of saddlebags and join your little "bagger brigade".

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Actually your blue bagger has made me decide to turn mine into a black bagger. As soon as i get done with Uncle Sam and the tax lady, I am gonna order that fairing and set of saddlebags and join your little "bagger brigade".
Thats even funnier LMAO . Go for it , sure it will come out great .:D

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It is a long hard road grasshopper, but when you can take the pebble from my hand you will be ready.:p

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I maqy be the little dawg, but I will NOT sit on the pourch.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Damm SS wish my bike was here been walking about 4 miles to day enjoying the sunshine moving co. called and said they will be here in the morning..:D hope blue is ok also been to Mac's bbq three times already (next door) loaded with bikes all HDs so can't wait to ride my bike there and see the reception i get ?? :eek::D:cool:;)

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damm SS wish my bike was here been walking about 4 miles to day enjoying the sunshine moving co. called and said they will be here in the morning..:D hope blue is ok also been to Mac's bbq three times already (next door) loaded with bikes all HDs so can't wait to ride my bike there and see the reception i get ?? :eek::D:cool:;)
Most of the Harley riders are great guys around here but you do get the occasional dumb a$$. I can't wait to get to your house in june and ride the dragon.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
One comment and a story:

Why did you hold it at 70?

Also, before I had my Fury I was a sport bike guy, had a Monster Edition Ninja ZX-6R.
Always was told (even though I knew better) that the V-Rod was Harleys answer to the sport bike and that it was FAST. So one day I'm leaving the local FireDept/Bar/Restaurant and as I'm waiting for a chance to pull up this a-hole on a V-Rod is revving revving revving. So I'm not going to let it bother me, but when I pulled out he swings into the other lane to try to get around me, well I've had it by then so I hammered it. My bike would do 80+ in first. By the time I hit 3rd he was about a quarter mile behind me. I approached a redlight and had to stop. He comes up behind me revving again! So this time I wound out through 1,2,3,4th and never saw the douschebag again. Moral of the story....V Rods are NOT fast, but faster than my Fury. And I don't care what you got there is always something faster. And mine was just a 600. A Vrod trying to tackle a LITRE bike would be extremely funny.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
One Sunday leaving the water front in Newburgh NY a hot spot for bikes and babes myself and 3 buddies pull up at a light on Broadway the main road in the town and we just so happened to be in front of the police station but that didn't stop us from dragging ! Lol... one of my friends was on a custom Deuce and I had him from light to light which were about 200 yds apart . Although I was having a hard time hooking up my ass end was all over I'm sure they were just as well .

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Good Job Steve, im glad you were able to get the Fury over 45,,J/k I was out yesterday too, I didnt see many groups of cruisers alot of loners, but there was this group of crotch rockets that didnt obey any group riding safety laws, I was getting pissed at there stupidity and wrecklessness . They were swirving and reving there bikes up and dogging and weaving in and out of traffic, I got in left lane when they all got in the right , I pulled up along side of them,,both of us were 1st at light in lanes,,all I did was rev Code Blue,,and see ya,,bu byye,,,,I was playing "Dust in the Wind" lol im sorry for all you Crotch Rocket riders, but some of them are wreckless and I taught Motorcycle safety for the Marine Corps as a Motor T Chief for many years and seeing what they are doing , and not too mention most are Young Marines,,bothers me. anyhow ,,yes steve it was a nice day yesterday. I got about 50miles in..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Why is there so much dislike among the ranks of the motorcycle fraternity h-d riders, sportbikes, cruiser even jap v american built, who has the most Hp, who's bike handles best, which is quickest??? all irrelevant!!
I thought we ride two wheels for the freedom of the open road, clear the head and basiclly chill out! Its hard enough out there trying to think is some crazy in 4 wheels tryin to take us out, does that driver see me in his side mirror, will that car see me at the intersection and not pull out, will some one run the red light on me or run me off the road??
Man Its hard enough out on the road worrying about crazies in cars and trucks without all this agro from brother two wheels and the chips on their shoulders and big eggo's. Maybe their big mouths compensate for their small brains.
Let's not mould ourselves into what they have become!!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Why is there so much dislike among the ranks of the motorcycle fraternity h-d riders, sportbikes, cruiser even jap v american built, who has the most Hp, who's bike handles best, which is quickest??? all irrelevant!!
I thought we ride two wheels for the freedom of the open road, clear the head and basiclly chill out! Its hard enough out there trying to think is some crazy in 4 wheels tryin to take us out, does that driver see me in his side mirror, will that car see me at the intersection and not pull out, will some one run the red light on me or run me off the road??
Man Its hard enough out on the road worrying about crazies in cars and trucks without all this agro from brother two wheels and the chips on their shoulders and big eggo's. Maybe their big mouths compensate for their small brains.
Let's not mould ourselves into what they have become!!
Different strokes for different folks ! Ride it like you stole it ! Lol...

·
Registered
791 Posts
I like that story

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is exactly why I love go on rides with Wild Bill and his friends. They are a mix of bikes and they have NO problem with anyone except buttheads.

I see alot of guys that do two fingers down when you ride by but alot of them don't acknowledge you if you don't have the "Right bike".

Me, I will put my hand out for HD, Honda, Kawaski, Suzuki and even scooters and mopeds. if they are out on 2 wheels and having fun then I am for it.

But hell I am easy, NO wait E is easy.:D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts