Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Honda Shadow ACE 750. I'm researching new bikes and I'd like to step up the engine size but I don't wana just run to the HD dealership (nothing wrong with HD's).

I really like the Honda Fury's but I can't really find any used ones for sale (CA). Does that mean they're so good no one wants to get rid of theirs or that they suck so bad no one buys them?

What are your thoughts/experiences?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I would say that Honda has never really marketed the bike, so sales were never stellar. I had an ACE 750, now a Fury. You would love the bike, and a ton of information here on maintenance, upkeep, modifications etc.

·
Registered
41 Posts
They are all over eBay. I’ve had my 2014 Honda Fury for around 6 months and I get excited every time I saddle in and crank her up. It’s my 4th motorcycle first was an old ass 600 think it was a Yamaha, 2nd was a GSXR 600, 3rd was a 04 R1 stretches and lowered. Kinda miss that bike sometimes but the Fury is it’s own beast after the flash and exhaust and intake and everything. Wouldn’t trade it for anything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Rock Stock 2019 ABS
121 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Honda Shadow ACE 750. I'm researching new bikes and I'd like to step up the engine size but I don't wana just run to the HD dealership (nothing wrong with HD's).uc browser shareit appvn

I really like the Honda Fury's but I can't really find any used ones for s
ale (CA). Does that mean they're so good no one wants to get rid of theirs or that they suck so bad no one buys them?

my issue has been solved!!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
They are all over eBay. I’ve had my 2014 Honda Fury for around 6 months and I get excited every time I saddle in and crank her up. It’s my 4th motorcycle first was an old ass 600 think it was a Yamaha, 2nd was a GSXR 600, 3rd was a 04 R1 stretches and lowered. Kinda miss that bike sometimes but the Fury is it’s own beast after the flash and exhaust and intake and everything. Wouldn’t trade it for anything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Head turning looks that Honda has managed to wrap around a competent and very willing cruiser. Despite those raked-out forks it rides nicely and it is really user-friendly.
This is a fun bike to ride. It’s not fast but if you want an interesting looking motorcycle for weekend cruising or just running around town doing errands this would not be a bad choice. Shareit vidmate

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd like to add some more to it like You’ll get a lot of attention riding this bike and may have to put up with people asking you all the time if the Fury is a Harley Davidson.
To get a reliable, custom-styled bike to market it’s clear that Honda has had to make some cost savings and there’s abundant use of plastics (front and rear fenders for example) and chromed plastic on the engine header covers.
You also sacrifice some practicality for the chopper looks. While the Fury’s tank is nicely executed and suits the overall ‘custom’ feel, at 3.4-gallons you are going to be making a lot of visits to the gas station. 9apps app cartoon hd

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
To get a reliable, custom-styled bike to market it’s clear that Honda has had to make some cost savings and there’s abundant use of plastics (front and rear fenders for example) and chromed plastic on the engine header covers.

You also sacrifice some practicality for the chopper looks. While the Fury’s tank is nicely executed and suits the overall ‘custom’ feel, at 3.4-gallons you are going to be making a lot of visits to the gas station.
To the point of the plastics, it depends on the person if you do/don't think this is a sacrifice. Yes it cut down on cost savings, but I personally like the plastics in these locations (specially fenders) You don't ever have to worry about denting or twisting them and then have to do "custom" cold work to them to get them back. They deflect, they do their job. Unless you come up and touch one, you'd never know if it was plastic or not. It does not hinder performance on the bike. They're easy to paint. They don't cost as much if you do have to replace them. These are bonuses in my eyes.

Yeah, a lot of people don't like how small the tank is. For me, I'm ready for a stop at 100 miles of riding anyway. If I wanted a long haul bike I wouldn't have bought the Fury.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
To the point of the plastics, it depends on the person if you do/don't think this is a sacrifice. Yes it cut down on cost savings, but I personally like the plastics in these locations (specially fenders) You don't ever have to worry about denting or twisting them and then have to do "custom" cold work to them to get them back. They deflect, they do their job. Unless you come up and touch one, you'd never know if it was plastic or not. It does not hinder performance on the bike. They're easy to paint. They don't cost as much if you do have to replace them. These are bonuses in my eyes.

Yeah, a lot of people don't like how small the tank is. For me, I'm ready for a stop at 100 miles of riding anyway. If I wanted a long haul bike I wouldn't have bought the Fury.
The other great thing about the plastic parts is they don't rust and the chrome on plastic is hardier than chrome on steel. These are big pluses when you live close to the salt water like me.

·
Registered
2013 fury
27 Posts
My Honda Shadow ACE 750. I'm researching new bikes and I'd like to step up the engine size but I don't wana just run to the HD dealership (nothing wrong with HD's).

I really like the Honda Fury's but I can't really find any used ones for sale (CA). Does that mean they're so good no one wants to get rid of theirs or that they suck so bad no one buys them?

I was at the bike shop to buy a 07 750 shadow and I seen the fury an I liked it so much I bought it instead

1 - 16 of 16 Posts