Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I am driving down the road thinking about what I want to do between chrome wheels or a 250 kit it hits me... Why not go for a 20" rear and 23" front! I will have to do some checking on the swingarm for forward clearance but 20" rears are 7" wide and you can run a 220 tire. Will probably have to space up the front fender but this might just work. I would love to hear what you guys think.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Totally do-able. You'll just need custom fenders front and rear. Plus you need to lengthen your swingarm, it's not impossible as I've seen it done on VTX's.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You think so on the rear? Does anyone know how much clearance there is on the subframe with the stock shock bottomed out and the stock tire? If it's over 1" then it may fit wonderfully.

·
Registered
497 Posts
You think so on the rear? Does anyone know how much clearance there is on the subframe with the stock shock bottomed out and the stock tire? If it's over 1" then it may fit wonderfully.
A 220/50-20 tire is 28.7" tall, a 250/40-18 is 25.9" tall. That's a almost a 1.5" radius difference.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's true but you only need to clear 3/4" because that distance is halved on each side of the tire.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't catch that part either, hard to do math and drive lol.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I didn't catch that part either, hard to do math and drive lol.
john, i think you're on to something--after seeing the pix of kurt working on richard's bike it appears that the sumo required a swing arm fab--
that makes your idea seem feasible.

have reviewed the sumo fitments to determine if they would allow you to go in the direction you've suggested?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The sumo arm just widens the arm and not lengthen correct? I wonder if some material could be taken out of the front and still retain the arms strength.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ok this might be back on. I did some looking and vee rubber makes a 200/40-20 that might fit a 20x7 (some sites say it will, going to call vee) and is only 3/8" larger diameter then the stock setup...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts