Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for ideas for a custom paint job on my bike. Tell me what you guys think of this. I am thinking of going with white or silver flames with them trimmed in a darker shade of blue. It doesn’t even have to be flames, just some type of design. The goal is for it to have a classy look.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I have been looking for ideas for a custom paint job on my bike. Tell me what you guys think of this. I am thinking of going with white or silver flames with them trimmed in a darker shade of blue. It doesn’t even have to be flames, just some type of design. The goal is for it to have a classy look.
If not flames, (which I don't really care for), how about smoke? .....but yes, trimmed with the darker shade of blue sounds cool.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Like to help you out Richard, but I have no couth or imagination for creativity. I once thought about having some sort of ghost image similar to my avatar mirrored on my tank (my bike is black) maybe in a deep red with a bunch of clearcoat, but not for sure. I like designs that have some meaning (like my daughters design does to me)....maybe you have something of a design that would be unique, yet classy.....not much help.....

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
PAINT IT BLACK!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
something tribal the fury has that look. With your sumo struts it really calls out tribal to me. But def paint it BLACK first

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I think some pearl blue ghost flames would be pretty sweet. You might even try pearl white powder in the clear to see what kind of effect it has.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
If you want classy, you could do a portrait of me on your tank :D

I like the two tone blue on top, white on bottom, with a darker blue thin line, almost a pin stripe to seperate them.

I am also working on my theme and planning to have the bike painted mid september. I'm going with a Christian theme, Tribal cross on top of tribal wings on the tank, tribal on the front and rear fenders, with scripture and the sillotte of the three crosses as the background imagery.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
IMHO Richard, flames are so over done, whether it's the real fire, or classic... but to each his own, ultimately you need to decide what you like and who cares if someone else doesn't...

I think my plans for the bike are going back and forth from different designs, but it will consist of racing stripes down the middle of fenders and tanks, just dont know what will go in the racing stripes... But it will be a candy red to somewhat match... I'll be doing this myself probably end of sept.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Eddie Vanhalen look

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
I like the idea of white or silver ghost flames outlined in a darker metallic blue color! Im a fan of a cool looking skull with ghost flames coming from that as well. To each his own though! Good luck on the decision

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I am not sure exactly what kind of theme you are looking for Rich but you had better really like what ever it is because that stuff don't wipe off to easy.:) Oh one other thing RED is really cool these days

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I have the blue also and i think just some real i mean real ghost flames in grey would look awsome no fenders just the tank and if done right you only see them momentarally (Yikes that was a hard word) just i guess for lack of a better words light and airy....

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I'm not big on flames, think they are overdone. I like the idea of ghosting some smoke into the paint. Something that you dont see 10ft away but when your right there you see it.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I absolutely hate real-ish looking flames. I think they look tacky. But simple fake ones can be pulled off with the right colors. And white with a dark blue outline sounds great

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts
why not in white pearl in clear for ghost flames and 6 coats of clear.with no paint added you can hilight the flames as much as you like.they should show up big time in lite at night.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts