Honda Fury Forums: banner

Three killed

5K views 40 replies 25 participants last post by  dillonr 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Some states could technically charge him with a DUI or reckless, many states switched to DUI system rather than DWI because its under the influence. Some states DUI's inclued Alcahol, Narcotics, or anything that influences you to having declined driving abilities (cellphones included in a couple states). Reckless includes cell phone, Failure to use proper signaling, excessive speed, running traffic lights, the list goes on for a long time on reckless driving (its a step below a DUI).

I almost had an incident like that happen and was very lucky. Dont get why people cant do like normal people and drive about 5 over and slow down early enough so they can stop for stopped vehicles at redlights.

#6 ·
damnit, Thats 9 this past week seeing I lost a friend on a bike too,,crazy,,but that accident is out there,,better be an investigation,,,how many red lights did he have to see to know there were people stopped in front of him,,traffic light,,2 cars,,then 8 bikes,,,sad,,really sad

#9 ·
It doesnt matter if he was on a phone, messing with the radio, or playing with his "other" shifter. When someone is behind the wheel they need to pay attention to the road. I rarely even look at my speedometer and know the button layout on my remote for my cd player, so just grab that since its always tucked in my seatbelt and if i get a phone call 3/4 the time dont answer or push my bluetooth button on my radio's remote. Only time i really ever take my eyes off the road is when im stopped at a redlight or parked.

#12 ·
Wisconsin AAA magazine last year had an article that compared drivers on phones vs texting vs drinking with alcohol level of 0.8 vs phones with head sets and results were they all were as bad as a drunk driver, no difference in reaction times or time spent paying attention to the road.

#15 ·
I think its Manslaughter as to the appropriate charge! Unless he was drunk OR argued with these bikers or something to show he planned it it might be INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER due to the fact his direct or indirect actions hurt and killed someone! HOPE THEY THROW THE BOOK AT HIM AND HE LOSES HIS DRIVERS LICENSE FOR EVER!

I had a family friend HIT AND KILL A DRUNK WALKER as he stumbled out in the street, killed him, he was charged with manslaughter and then sued CIVILLY and LOST HE ASS OFF!

The families will be able to sue for WRONGFUL DEATH AND THE SALARIES OF THE POOR SOULS WHO WERE SO HORRIBLY TAKEN yesterday! BUT THAT WONT BRING THEM BACK!!!!

My deepest sympathies go out to all the VICTIMS AND THE FAMILIES of this horrible tragedy.

#17 ·
That's really sad news. I'm always looking in my mirrors at a red light to make sure the "guy" behind me is stopping, but I don't think the bikers could have done anything in this situation :(

#18 ·
Placed this comment on another post but it's what I feel whenever I hear of these tragic mishaps...
For me there is nothing better than a winding road with the wind in my face and God's matchless creation spread out for my enjoyment. There have been many who have questioned my sanity as to why I continue to be involved in such a supposedly dangerous activity but it is the riding that brings the sanity to my realistic world. Next to my freedom in Jesus riding is as good as it get's. Only we who ride can understand and appreciate each other.

#19 ·
The world is full of people who for some apparent reason are oblivious to the fact that others are in this world with them.

Not sure why or how that accident happened but whatever the reason we are 3 riders less today. Prayers go out to the family, as for me, I had ever intention of riding to work today, but when I saw this post I decided to stand down for one day in their memory, no ride day for me.

Ride safe and never let your guard down... too many people out their who seem to think they are more important than others.

#21 ·
Sad Day In Phoenix

Yesterday, Eight bikes were at an intersection behind two other vehicles, waiting for the light to change. They were enroute to Carefree for a bite to eat. (Great motorcycle hangout, BTW). A dump truck ran ALL of them over.....I repeat.....ran all of them over......3 died at the scene....the other six were taken to hospitals......(One bike must of had a passenger on board.)

The truck driver wasn't impaired......at least not with drugs or booze.....just wasn't paying attention.......Let's all be REAL CAREFUL out there......bastards are out to kill every one of us.....even by accident.

I buddy of mine who has ridden over 200,000 miles,on sport bikes always said that when you're stopped in the street like that, to always check "your six" until you have a one or two vehicle cushion behind you.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...cxkPD8cKQgK0OnHNQ&sig2=n-NOf1fSSvPc68Tt5lhXVw

#25 ·
The threads are merged now ;)

#26 ·
Fourth person dies in motorcycle crash, Phoenix fire captain remains critical

According to this we are four riders less on this world. Three at the scene and one at the hospital later.

At the end of this article the driver says he just wasn't paying attention. Just shuffling around some paperwork.

How could someone be so irresponsible? I've only recently started riding, within the past few years. But when I was a cager I was always looking for potential problems. And I always respected bikers. Now even more so. But to risk so many lives by taking your eyes off the road long enough to drive through all that.... I can't even fathom the stupidity. My thoughts are with these riders and their families. Hopefully justice will be served.

#29 · (Edited)
Sad day in Phoenix

Thursday night March 25th was a very sad day for the City of Phoenix AZ.

Eight motorcycles and nine motorcycle riders enjoying the beautiful Arizona weather were hit from behind by a dump truck on Carefree Highway and 27th drive. The riders were stopped behind an SUV at a light when the driver of the truck slammed into all of them including the SUV. Three people were pronounced dead at the scene and one died at the hospital. One person was released from the hospital, all others are in intensive care.

A Solidarity ride was held today with over 300 riders riding from Phoenix to New River ending at the Roadrunner Restaurant and Saloon where the involved riders had originated their ride from. The restaurant sponsors the club and will hold fundraising events over the weekend for those who were killed or injured in the accident.

Our condolences go out to all victims and their friends and family's.

Ride Safe,
netguru

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.