Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first time I bought one of these. I'm really glad I did. Maybe I'm a wimp, but after a few hours of riding, I couldn't find a comfortable place for my right hand. I bought this item from Kuryakyn and it matches my Flame Grips perfectly. Easy to install and VERY adjustable. Now while cruising, I just rest my hand on the "tab" and I can maintain the proper RPM's effortlessly.

Just my $0.02 worth of "stuff"

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
Good job man, sometimes getting it wrong on accident is just a good method to find a way you like better. :D If it works for you and doesn't look terrible (in this case, it looks just fine) Stick with it. Someone has to be the pioneer whether they realize it or not.

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
I had the Kuryakyn ISO grips on other bikes and loved them and just went back to them for the fury after a quick stunt with a set of custom chrome grips I had one. I got the best price as I often do from Glenn at Republic Cylce. I also bought kuryakyn end weights with them and the accent rings for added looks. The end weights are suppose to give added dampening from any vibrabration. I don't know how much they will help until I can get out to ride but they sure do look good. I think I might have to go back for a second look at that throttle boss as an option. I love options!!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That looks great. I am also looking at getting the ISO Grips. If you don’t mind me asking, where did you find your best price and how much?
I'm gonna' turn it inward today for a 200-250 mile ride here in Phoenix today. Then, I'll decide which way I like the best. In any event, I made deal with the dealership where I bought the scooter, to give me a "permanent" discount on all OTC parts....so I get all my stuff through him......substantial discounts.....shop around here on the forum....there are dealers who discount quite deeply.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OKAY!!!! You guys were all right (correct). I turned the throttle boss "inward" today and rode 249 miles...It feels better. I must be a moron.....but thanks for the information.....some new pictures are attached......That one "high altitude" shot was Route AZ-89 between Jerome and Prescott. Wish you could all have been riding with me.......

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine should be going on tomorrow and as I was looking at them, it just seemed like it would be nice to have one on the left too.
Golly, I never gave that any thought. I guess for "balance" that would be good. (Appearance-wise, of course)......My left hand never gets tired (cramped????).....but with the throttle boss, I can move my hand around while cruising and it doesn't get tired any longer. Sometimes on a nice straight-away, I'll just pinch the boss with my thumb and fore finger for a different position.......

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I like the single throttle boss. I got a bunch of Kuryakin stuff: black widow foot rests, iso grips, throttle boss, magnum plus mirrors (ugly, but necessary on I-95).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.