Honda Fury Forums: banner

Throttle Cable Adjusting

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  djconroy 
Ok there's 3 adjusters essentially. Throttle cable A has one by the handlebar. Then cables A and B have adjusters by the engine where you guys are talking about. You can either take off the front overhead cover or the air cleaner to get to them.

So the adjuster on A by the handlebar is for minor adjustments. The adjusters on A and B by the engine are for major adjustments.

I just needed enough slack to get the cables off of the throttle tube and the adjuster by the handlebar was just barely enough to do that.

Anyone else have any good tips on removing and reinstalling the cables to the throttle tube? It's a pain in the ass!

I changed mine out, You have to take the ones off the throttle body on the motor anyway. Loosen them up first, I used a sharpe to mark the screw location on the old ones to compare to the new cables.
Once you get them loosen off the throttle body of the motor, you will easily get them off the throttle tube..:D
T

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.