Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one install a manual or electric cruise control on your Fury?

Had one on my VFR, simple and worked great.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
I had a throttle meister throttle lock installed on my 1098S, worked pretty good for cruising long distances.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have the trottlemeister on my 1800 and love it for long trips too. I've emailed trottlemeister to see if they are going to have a set for the Fury...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Kuryakin chrome grips and a 24$ throttle lock. Will post a pic as soon as my dumb ass figures out how to do it:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
I have a breakaway on my VTX, should work on the Fury as well, but they are exspensive. Kury has one that works with their grips, I have one ordered due in this week.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Breakaway on Fury

I installed the Breakaway throttle lock on my Fury last night. I was a fan of the plastic throttle lock on my trusty 1980 CM400E so I wanted a similar device on my new Fury. The installation is pretty straightforward - should probably take about 10 minutes for anybody who's familiar with the device. It took me several hours to get the Breakaway properly aligned and the tension correctly set. I have the Honda OEM grips and the OEM grip flange kept me from using the largest rubber protection strip that is included with the device - although the Breakaway will slide over the grips with the large rubber strip - the flange kept the device from sliding up next to the switch housing. With the medium rubber protection strip provided by Breakaway, the throttle lock with sit adjacent to the switch housing. The tension adjustment took me quite a while to get correct - partly due to the funky way the tension is adjusted on the device.

Like many folks I struggled with the cost of this item at $199, and while relatively expensive - the device accomplished what I was looking for, and the materials and quality are excellent.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought one and I'm having some trouble getting it set up. Attaching it to the brake pivot is where I'm having a problem, it doesn't line up quite right and the photos in the instructions aren't helping. Any tips or maybe a photo of you brake attachments?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts