Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,631 Posts
sounds like you need to graphite the cables & make sure nothing is binding at throttle body.
that's how I have done friends Harley's' in the past w/ this problem. It has never happened to me. Old or cables get dry. U need to adjust them periodically as well. They stretch.

· Registered
4,631 Posts
u will know just by looking at it while you give it a few cranks when not runny of course. You would need to disconnect cables from grip & pull the end straight up in air while you inject graphite lube into the cables. There is a special liquid lube that has a needle like injector tube attached too it that goes into the cable sleeve. It is not the powder stuff that you use in locks. I do this every 5000 miles when I svs my bike. You should not have to lube the throttle body spring just look for binding there & where STG said. So, you are looking for binding @ each end & lubricating them. I also do this to the clutch cable. You will be so surprised @ how nice the cables feel afterwards. They last much longer as well cuz it really cuts down on friction. Look at adjustment when done in your manual.

· Registered
4,631 Posts
Hey Bandit

The throttle body butterfly is spring loaded , u can manually turn it , it should unload with a snap , at rest you can check for slack cable , it will be obvious, try Wd40
I would not use wd40 as it tends to attract dirt. PB blaster much better & it doesn't effect rubber parts. But I would never use either to lube inside of cables. Not saying you are wrong. Just my opinion.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.