Upadated Stats:

Back - 200/50R - 18
April 27, 2012 - 21,469km - replaced OEM with Metzeler ME880
September 28, 2012 - 32,822km - replaced Metzeler ME880 with Dunlop E3
June 12, 2014 - 50,564km - replaced Dunlop E3 with another Dunlop E3
March 29, 2016 - 72,730km - replaced Dunlop E3 with another Dunlop E3
May 30, 2017 - 87,060km - replaced Dunlop E3 with another Dunlop E3
August 2, 2018 - 107,134km - replaced Dunlop E3 with another Dunlop E3
July 8, 2018 - 0km - replaced Dunlop E3 with Dunlop Sportmax D423 (previous tire still fine, new one attached to a new 2017 Fury)

Front - 90/90 - 21
April 27, 2012 - 21,469km - replaced OEM with Metzeler ME880
July 8, 2013 - 44,703km - replaced Metzeler ME880 with Dunlop E3
May 26, 2015 - 60,720km - replaced Dunlop E3 with another Dunlop E3
August 12, 2016 - 82,741km - replaced Dunlop E3 with another Dunlop E3
August 2, 2018 - 107,134km - replaced Dunlop E3 with another Dunlop E3
July 8, 2018 - 0km - replaced Dunlop E3 with Dunlop D422F (previous tire still fine, new one attached to a new 2017 Fury)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, finally replaced the Dunlop Elite 3's with some Metz 888's. Only have about 100 miles on it, but couldn't be happier. Riding solo or 2 up, the tire is much more predictable than the E3's and makes it much easier to ride with precision. Taking it down to Biketoberfest in Daytona next week, will report once I have a few hundred miles on em. Makes me love to ride my Fury again.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Well, finally replaced the Dunlop Elite 3's with some Metz 888's. Only have about 100 miles on it, but couldn't be happier. Riding solo or 2 up, the tire is much more predictable than the E3's and makes it much easier to ride with precision. Taking it down to Biketoberfest in Daytona next week, will report once I have a few hundred miles on em. Makes me love to ride my Fury again.
I've been running the 888 since spring. Love them, a fantastic tire. Someone on here tried to cut and paste something bad about them with no actual direct knowledge. He couldn't have been more ignorant, I am very happy with them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had 888 on front and rear the tire felt great but it started to leak and when I took it off the inside was falling apart. Air was tearing the tire apart layer by layer.
The rear is from Germany, front is Brazil. I've heard some horror stories. Hoping they have that issue resolved

·
Registered
456 Posts
I had 888 on front and rear the tire felt great but it started to leak and when I took it off the inside was falling apart. Air was tearing the tire apart layer by layer.
I didn't know that, but several years ago I had consistent problems on the front, with bubbles forming from separation. I read somewhere that Metz had gone to a different country of manufacture and having lots of quality issues, so I went back to Avons. I always like both Avons and Metz, but the Metz seemed to last a bit longer, so I favored them until the negative stuff started.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I didn't know that, but several years ago I had consistent problems on the front, with bubbles forming from separation. I read somewhere that Metz had gone to a different country of manufacture and having lots of quality issues, so I went back to Avons. I always like both Avons and Metz, but the Metz seemed to last a bit longer, so I favored them until the negative stuff started.
Sorry, I quoted the wrong message... should've been Static's message:
Static said:
The rear is from Germany, front is Brazil. I've heard some horror stories. Hoping they have that issue resolved

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just got back from a trip to and from Jacksonville Fl to Daytona beach and back. Roughly 200 mile trip. Way down was dry, way back was rain the whole way. Tires did great, honestly im thrilled. Bike had a 40lb tail bag on it as well as my girlfriend and myself. I feel like the Metz 888 is a huge improvement over the Dunlop E3's. Definately has better grip, tracking and predictability IMO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody tried a Bridgestone Battlax? I got my fury used so I'm not certain if the tires are original but I replaced the rear e3 with a Battlax like 6000 miles ago. Oklahoma roads aren't great but rain or shine single or double it rides smooth. Only times I felt less grip was riding when under 30 degree temps. I'm mostly ignorant here as it's my first bike & I'm 1.5 years in. My front tires dry rotted so I'm trying to figure out what to replace that e3 with.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Has anyone had the factory Dunlop (front) dry rot within 2 years?
I'm on my second set of factory tires and I haven't had any dry rot at all out of either set. Not to say I haven't heard of them doing it, but not for me.
When these are toast I'll probably go the Avon route.

Reactions: Ordinary Biker

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Mine came with Metzlers, on my second set. I really like these tires.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts