Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
While doing another mod to bike today I finally got around to checking manufacturing date of tires. Bike is a 2013 with 6k miles that I bought in July of 2020. Shocked to see the tires are 7 3/4 years old 馃槻. They are good on tread depth and no signs of cracking. If you buy an older model bike be sure to check those tires 馃槑.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
I am the 3rd owner of the bike, 2nd owner had bike for 1 year and it was garaged and covered and he had put 2k+ miles on it. Don't know any information on the 6 years it spent with 1st owner but it must have been a easy time, tires show very little wear or flattening of the crown hence my lack of concern over their age. Now it's time to research as to which brand I want to replace these with.

Registered
Go with the Metzlers!
I have loved the Metzlers on my Fury. I think I have Bridgestones on my Yamaha, but I would have to check to be sure.

Reactions: FURY-S1

Registered
While doing another mod to bike today I finally got around to checking manufacturing date of tires. Bike is a 2013 with 6k miles that I bought in July of 2020. Shocked to see the tires are 7 3/4 years old 馃槻. They are good on tread depth and no signs of cracking. If you buy an older model bike be sure to check those tires 馃槑. View attachment 237988 View attachment 237989
(.5112.) The tire was made in the 51st (next to the last) week of 2012.

Registered
While doing another mod to bike today I finally got around to checking manufacturing date of tires. Bike is a 2013 with 6k miles that I bought in July of 2020. Shocked to see the tires are 7 3/4 years old 馃槻. They are good on tread depth and no signs of cracking. If you buy an older model bike be sure to check those tires 馃槑. View attachment 237988 View attachment 237989
I just traded in my 2013 with original tires only 1500 miles on it. Tires still looked new but they were probably manufactured in 2012. I probably wouldn鈥檛 go more than 10 years on tires. I think they recommend 5 year life. I probably need to ride more but have 2 bikes.

Super Moderator
Ten years:
"After 5 years or more of use, tires should be examined every year by a professional mechanic. .... As a precaution, all tires that have not been replaced after ten years should be changed, even if they appear to be in a generally good condition and have not reached their tread wear limit."

More important than the sell-by date is the use-by date IF the tires were stored properly:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts