Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my last 2 240 tires I ran 38 lbs of air. I got good miles on them but the center wore a little faster. I am going to run 35 on this tire to see what it does. Update in the future. Put a new 240 Shinko on yesterday because they are giving me good service and ride really well. :smile:

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
On my last 2 240 tires I ran 38 lbs of air. I got good miles on them but the center wore a little faster. I am going to run 35 on this tire to see what it does. Update in the future. Put a new 240 Shinko on yesterday because they are giving me good service and ride really well. :smile:
I know that you've posted previously what you run for pressure in the front... but would you mind telling me again... I am too damn lazy to search for it ! Thinking about putting on new tires soon - probably go with Avon Cobras and a 240 rear. Still running the OE tires with about 12k on them. Seems like plenty of treadlife left in them but 8+ years old. I like the thought of fresh rubber on the road. :winetime:

I hope all these guys talking about fresh snow on the ground don't send it to Maine. I am itching to ride!! :winetime:

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that you've posted previously what you run for pressure in the front... but would you mind telling me again... I am too damn lazy to search for it ! Thinking about putting on new tires soon - probably go with Avon Cobras and a 240 rear. Still running the OE tires with about 12k on them. Seems like plenty of treadlife left in them but 8+ years old. I like the thought of fresh rubber on the road. :winetime:

I hope all these guys talking about fresh snow on the ground don't send it to Maine. I am itching to ride!! :winetime:
I run 38/39 in front. It seems to like it .:laugh:

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
The variation in pressures is interesting. When I had the factory Dunlops I ran what I thought was 33 Front and 41 Rear. It turned out that my old pressure gauge was reading 4 PSI high so I ran 29 Front and 37 Rear. The bike rode smooth and seemed to be more sure footed than with the higher factory pressures. I did not get funny wear patterns either.

Now with the Metzelers I run factory pressures and it is also fine. It pays to experiment and get a setup that works for you.

·
Super Moderator
3,093 Posts
My front likes 35 PSI (up from recommended 33 per forum member suggestion), it eliminated the head shake.

Lowered the rear to 38 per Bill's suggestion (from 41), made the ride much less harsh.
Update on the stock Metzler Tire Pressures:

35 PSI up front seemed perfect, 38 was a bit harsh of a ride.

38 PSI out back was perfect, nice and soft, 36 gave a "squishy" ride.

(If it says "Video not available" click the YouTube link in the bottom right and play it in the new window--because who don't love midgets?)

·
Registered
14 Posts
good evening Fury riders, i noticed my front tires is getting crack along the beed. SO I've heard that Metzelers tires separate by some riders. Ive also heard that oem Dunlops are great. Has anyone had experience with Michelins ?? good / bad / ugly . would love to hear all you got... RIDE ON or GO HOME

·
Registered
476 Posts
SO I've heard that Metzelers tires separate by some riders. Ive also heard that oem Dunlops are great. Has anyone had experience with Michelins ?? good / bad / ugly . would love to hear all you got... RIDE ON or GO HOME
2013 came OEM Metz ME880, rapid wear, good grip , ride and look. Personal experience of sudden bubble and delamination..never again. A few years later Honda went back to Dunlop, and now again Metz ME880 again.

I am now on a Michelin Com 2. Looks good, ride and grip, made in Thailand...rapid wear , around $115.

Getting ready to replace with Shinko around $50...made in Korea ? At that price don't care if it's worn out at 9k the same as the expensive tires.

I think Michelin has a new Com 3 out in the $150 range...no data.

Good luck !

·
Registered
14 Posts
2013 came OEM Metz ME880, rapid wear, good grip , ride and look. Personal experience of sudden bubble and delamination..never again. A few years later Honda went back to Dunlop, and now again Metz ME880 again.

I am now on a Michelin Com 2. Looks good, ride and grip, made in Thailand...rapid wear , around $115.

Getting ready to replace with Shinko around $50...made in Korea ? At that price don't care if it's worn out at 9k the same as the expensive tires.

I think Michelin has a new Com 3 out in the $150 range...no data.

Good luck !
So between Dunlops and Michilins which wou lo d you go with... if you had to guess??

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I think the problem people had with the Metzeler may have been a batch problem. I've been running 880s for eight or so years and never had a single problem. I really like the extra grip (especially in the wet) compared to the Dunlops. The question is which tyre works best for your riding conditions. Do your research and don't worry what anyone else thinks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
So between Dunlops and Michilins which wou lo d you go with... if you had to guess??
I seem to recall of an old thread mentioning Dunlops were lasting many miles but I don't know which version.

The ME880 s on my bike were subjected to high temps, 90-100° regularly and 106° in Las Vegas deserts and mountains...may have contributed to failure. I did monitor PSI 33.

For longer wear I would try and find out which version Dunlops were being used.

For grip and handling performance my guess would be Metz or Michelin.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
I seem to recall of an old thread mentioning Dunlops were lasting many miles but I don't know which version.

The ME880 s on my bike were subjected to high temps, 90-100° regularly and 106° in Las Vegas deserts and mountains...may have contributed to failure. I did monitor PSI 33.

For longer wear I would try and find out which version Dunlops were being used.

For grip and handling performance my guess would be Metz or Michelin.
My bike had the Dunlop E3s from the factory.

They have come out with an E4 now... they claim 15k-18k mile rating so they are probably not as soft as some of the other tires mentioned.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I am on Shinko's for a couple (4) years now and love them. If these dumb, no driving women will stop hitting me I will wear my 2nd set out. Love them.
Viewed a used Fury today with new Shinko installed...looks great and confirmed made in Korea.

Will be getting one soon.
20200218_163320.jpg

Reactions: BakoFury

·
Registered
12 Posts
hello,

Is it normal to have to top up the tire every few weeks. I find that im having to re inflate the tires every few weeks since its losing up to 10lbs on both front and back, they only have 3500 miles on them and they are visually in good condition, but they are a bit old (2013)

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
hello,

Is it normal to have to top up the tire every few weeks. I find that im having to re inflate the tires every few weeks since its losing up to 10lbs on both front and back, they only have 3500 miles on them and they are visually in good condition, but they are a bit old (2013)
Just in my experience, my front looses air more rapidly. About once a week I have to top it up from say 28 up to the 33. The rear not so much, and I run it just a bit lower, 38-39 instead of the 41.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts