Honda Fury Forums: banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
hello,

Is it normal to have to top up the tire every few weeks. I find that im having to re inflate the tires every few weeks since its losing up to 10lbs on both front and back, they only have 3500 miles on them and they are visually in good condition, but they are a bit old (2013)
No it's not normal to top up by that much. Four PSI in the front and two PSI in the rear over 4 to 6 weeks without the bike being used would be normal. Getting the tyres re-seated will probably help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
2013 came OEM Metz ME880, rapid wear, good grip , ride and look. Personal experience of sudden bubble and delamination..never again. A few years later Honda went back to Dunlop, and now again Metz ME880 again.

I am now on a Michelin Com 2. Looks good, ride and grip, made in Thailand...rapid wear , around $115.

Getting ready to replace with Shinko around $50...made in Korea ? At that price don't care if it's worn out at 9k the same as the expensive tires.

I think Michelin has a new Com 3 out in the $150 range...no data.

Good luck !
I love Shinko tires and switch out to them as soon as factory tires wear out. Never have had a problem with them and saves me money every time I buy them!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love Shinko tires and switch out to them as soon as factory tires wear out. Never have had a problem with them and saves me money every time I buy them!
I too love Shinko tires. What are you using as I cannot find a matched set. I was looking at 011 for rear and 777 for front, but not sure if that is a good match. I have run 777 front and rear on my Shadow ACE for years.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok l am 6' 1'' n 220 lbs n l feel that my bike rides real harsh at factory air pressure. l have seen alot of different air pressures here. Just wondering what u guys think l should try on my bike remember air pressure in front right now is 33lbs n rear 41 lbs. I would say the weight of rider/riders would mean alot as well. Thanks

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
You could drop a few PSI and try it out. At one stage my old tyre pressure gauge was reading high by 4 PSI so I was setting my tyres to what I thought was factory specs but in reality they were 4 PSI low. The ride was softer by a good margin until I replaced my gauge and realised the old one was no longer accurate. The ride was harder at the correct pressure. I had 29 F and 37 R which was probably as low as you could go. Since then I run the factory pressures of 33 F and 41 R.

·
Registered
Rock Stock 2019 ABS
303 Posts
Thanks for your reply, I can live with the ride l guess, but yes it is a harsh ride for sure.
There are also some recommendations elsewhere for shock adjustment to modify the ride.

One example:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Rebound setting worth a check for newbies
There are also some recommendations elsewhere for shock adjustment to modify the ride.

One example:

Cool thanks l will be doing some testing thanks again

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know that you've posted previously what you run for pressure in the front... but would you mind telling me again... I am too damn lazy to search for it ! Thinking about putting on new tires soon - probably go with Avon Cobras and a 240 rear. Still running the OE tires with about 12k on them. Seems like plenty of treadlife left in them but 8+ years old. I like the thought of fresh rubber on the road. :winetime:

I hope all these guys talking about fresh snow on the ground don't send it to Maine. I am itching to ride!! :winetime:
I live in Maine too. Today looks to be a good day for a ride!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts