Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to take a long trip.... 6,000+ or wherever I land....
I have been shopping and trying pegs and have yet to find a set that's comfortable on long rides.

I've got a pair of Kury Flamin' Switchblades (for sale) and the Wing pegs (for sale) when I find a replacement. Any Iron Butt riders out there that have found a good highway peg?

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I have the accutronix forward controls and when I am on the highway I am able to relax my feet over them stretched out like the cruisers do with the highway pegs. Makes a trip very comfortable.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Stickman how much are you going to ask for those swingwing pegs when you get ready to sell them? I would think that the swingwing pegs are the best you are going to get without changing to forward controls, anyways good luck on the search.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
If you're serious about comfort you can adapt a set of floorboards from the Kuryakin catalog.

Me, I use the Black Widow set. 3.25" width, give or take. no more heel annoyance.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're serious about comfort you can adapt a set of floorboards from the Kuryakin catalog.

Me, I use the Black Widow set. 3.25" width, give or take. no more heel annoyance.
I think that was my next plan.....

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Stick, What are your plans for the ride? Going by yourself? Got a biker's friend to lean back against? I sometimes wish the fury had some type of foot positioning relief directly underneath my knees on the frame to change up positions after riding for several hours.....also, I used to have a kury bar mounted up on the front down tubes that I used as a highway peg on my Nighthawk so I could position my legs/feet higher up for a change of pace. Right now with the fury I only have two options on the bike - use the pegs, or rest my ankles on top of the pegs....get tired of both after riding a long time....

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Stick, What are your plans for the ride? Going by yourself? Got a biker's friend to lean back against? I sometimes wish the fury had some type of foot positioning relief directly underneath my knees on the frame to change up positions after riding for several hours.....also, I used to have a kury bar mounted up on the front down tubes that I used as a highway peg on my Nighthawk so I could position my legs/feet higher up for a change of pace. Right now with the fury I only have two options on the bike - use the pegs, or rest my ankles on top of the pegs....get tired of both after riding a long time....
You could just pull your legs up and sit indian style once your in 5th ;)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be riding with a friend and meeting up with some of my riding brothers along the way.

After riding today and thinking about the pegs, I think there is inherent vibration on the right side... do any of you agree?

I'm going to look at floorboards next week.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll take the flamin switch blades. I'll PM you
You're first to offer and sent me a PM, so I'll follow up with you on the switchblades.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
After riding today and thinking about the pegs, I think there is inherent vibration on the right side... do any of you agree?
I had a post that dealt with the vibes. The guys set me straight on this topic: all Vtwins have some sort of vibe. But, Honda does do a great job counterbalancing the cylinder action.

I narrowed my discomfort down to the vibrating mirrors at high speed. I'm ok with it. there's no real solution short of rubber under the Cannellas--that would not be safe. otherwise, I don't feel anything on the left or right side.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It still makes me wonder... the left mirror vibes to where the visual is a blur and the right peg vibes just because.... still thinking about the floorboards.

I think what it amounts to is that the old VTX 1800 was over all a smoother ride due to the weight.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Skippy, I told you how to do it, so don't say there is no way. I guess when I get my Fury I will be the only one without vibes. Suits me! No vibe is a good vibe!

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I stand corrected. Mental is absolutely right.

Here's his response to my 'bad vibrations' post:

BEGIN QUOTE
"Post Date: 6/25/2010
1. Packing them with play sand for weight and to absorb vibes.
2. Packing them with lead shot, for loading shotgun shells or scuba weights, or led BB's and play sand mixed.
3. Packing them with soft lead rod, and play sand.

Use a vibrating sander, with out paper, or place just motor or edge against bars to pack sand. Then use plug in end."
END QUOTE

1 - 15 of 15 Posts