Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - I just got off the phone with a Dyno Shop. They are going to tune the fury next thursday.

The dude told me that i shouldnt remove the baffles because the bike will not run right, will have popping and back firing on deceleration , and will lose power.

How does the bike run and sound with the Baffles Removed.

I need a no shizz assessment.

He also told me he could cut the baffles and shorten them so we could keep back pressure and get louder. Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
I run baffles out on mine. They are a lot louder and I haven't had power issues, it runs like a bat out of hell. I will tell you with the baffles out it gurgles a little on decel. I haven't had back fire issues at all. I ran with them in for about a week and just didn't seem that much louder over stock, more but not significant. I took them out, no issues other than it does get more back pressure on decel. After setting off car alarms in my neighborhood I thought I would try something new so I cut the front section of the baffles off and stuck em back in, ran for a few weeks, no issues. Still wasn't loud enough for me, so they are out of mine for good.
There is significant back pressure on decel so I plan to add after market air and maybe a PCV at some point.
One guy on the forum said to let the bike idle on its own after install for about 15 minutes so it will adjust to the new pipes. I think that works, you can actually hear it change in idle from start up to after warm up.
I really can't tell that much difference in power with or without them. My opinion with them out it runs better.
Last I have to believe that if I run without baffles, I better get after market air and a tuner or it could cause engine issues later, not sure

·
Premium Member
13,714 Posts
i have cobra swepts with ballles out and fi2000.when i took the baffles out i disconnected the battery and turned the key on for 30 minutes to drain all computer memory.turn key off and rehook battery.took a couple of days to adjust pots.this bike will never see baffles again.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Had them in and now they are out.

I had them in and they sounded better, but I still wanted louder. I took them out and now they sound great. I have a PCV and it is tunned so there is little to no backfiring. I will say that there is a small decrease in power off the line, but I guess it picks it up at higher RPM because I gained 2 hsp extra on the Dyno when I remove the baffels. I love the sound so they are stayin out. I tales to many people and as long as you have a fuel controller tunned correctly you should not hurt your bike. As for power off the line, it is so small a difference you barely notice and if your racing anyone off the line you have the wrong bike anyway. Either way, the Cobras are a good choice. My advise is try them with them on. If it is loud enough for you, don't remove them. If not, remove them then.

·
Registered
204 Posts
pipes

my baffles are out and staying out no power loss i have the spike intake and the pcv controller very little back fire. i really have to be getting on it.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where are you people getting the tunes for your PCV - the only tune i found on line was the one that turns it zero

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I took my baffles out and the bike ran a little sluggish in first and second gear. I bumped each pot on my Fi2000 one notch. After the adjustment, it runs great.

·
Registered
500 Posts
3 CHEERS FOR S&S !!!

Where are you people getting the tunes for your PCV - the only tune i found on line was the one that turns it zero
As per his post in vendor's section for S&S; I emailed them a request for PC5 tune file for fury /w S&S intake and baffled cobra swepts; project engineer Andrew Foley sent it to me fairly quickly; and, since I was thinking of pulling the baffles I emailed a 2nd time asking for a tune file for same configuration but with baffles removed and had it within the hour.

I wouldn't presume to speak for S&S but they pretty much said they'll supply a tune file for any of the configurations they've tested to anyone who em's them, until they get a space built on their website to just post the files for download.

S&S Cycle - Performance Parts for American V-Twins with an attn: to Andrew Foley

Great Company!!!

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As per his post in vendor's section for S&S; I emailed them a request for PC5 tune file for fury /w S&S intake and baffled cobra swepts; project engineer Andrew Foley sent it to me fairly quickly; and, since I was thinking of pulling the baffles I emailed a 2nd time asking for a tune file for same configuration but with baffles removed and had it within the hour.

I wouldn't presume to speak for S&S but they pretty much said they'll supply a tune file for any of the configurations they've tested to anyone who em's them, until they get a space built on their website to just post the files for download.

S&S Cycle - Performance Parts for American V-Twins with an attn: to Andrew Foley

Great Company!!!

I Emailed S&S for the map this is what they sent me back. It wasnt Andrew Foley however, because from the website you cannot email them directly. I did put Attn: Andrew Foley in the e-mail but it didnt get to him

Sorry we do not have maps for your application. you will need to go with a power commander and have it set up.

Thanks,
S&S

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The guy already got back to me with the maps. If anyone wants them let me know and I'll send the maps to you as well.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got this from Andy at S & S.

Tom,
Removing the baffles will not hurt your motorcycle's engine as long as you have the proper calibration.
Problems occur when people modify their exhaust or intake and do not calibrate their engine for the changes.
The fury we used for calibration is currently running the S&S teardrop cobra pipes with baffles removed and power commander V map and runs great.

Andy

·
Registered
152 Posts
Does removing the baffles void the warrenty????

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
The guy already got back to me with the maps. If anyone wants them let me know and I'll send the maps to you as well.
If you could send map with cobra no baffle S&S air intake . As having problems getting S&S to send to me . Thanks Rtrombone68 . PS mayby because I have the spike intake and not there super .

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I noticed there are a lot of posts requesting maps for their setup and the PC-V.
I have a domain I could upload them up to and everyone could just download them.
If you guy's are willing to send me a copy of the maps you have, I can set up a web page just for that.
It would cut down on everyone PM'ing and would provide a link for downloads

Just offering
Email them to [email protected]
Let me know

1 - 20 of 30 Posts